1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donating winnings from betting on buffs to RG

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by AlaskaBuff, Sep 12, 2014.

1. AlaskaBuff

AlaskaBuff New Member

Donating winnings to RG

Don't hate me, but for the last couple years I've been betting on buff games and winning rather handsomely. The opposing teams usually cover the spread and I feel like I'm getting something productive from watching the games.

However, here's the positive outcome. I'm donating half of my winnings to RG. It's a substantial amount -around $1000.

Am I a bad fan or taking advantage of the system while trying to bring our football team up to par?

Note: I was born and raised in Boulder. My dad had season tix through the 80s and 90s. I went to dozens of games including an orange bowl and The 1994 Fiesta Bowl, so I bleed black and gold as much as anyone.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    azbuff likes this.
  2. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

As long as you donate half I see nothing wrong.

3. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Fixed

4. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I would think all would be forgiven on AllB if he donated the other half to the junta.

5. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

We like monies

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

To each his own.

On the logical side, I know more about CU and it would be the best team for me to place bets on. But I can't or don't want to separate the emotion from it.

Whatever, though. The only way I'd ever question someone's fandom would be if it was a situation like the Buffs being 6 point dogs and a "fan" being upset over losing the bet if CU scored a TD in the final minute to win the game.

P.S. Kudos for the donation. Now that we see the money being used well instead of being dropped into a black hole of suckitude, it's so much easier to justify writing those checks.

7. goalline

goalline Club Member Club Member

I'll give RG half of my rep

8. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

That's much better than the alternative of betting on the Buffs, watching them lose and not meet the spread, and lose the bet!

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I hope you don't get pissed when you bet against them and you lose and that you don't pull for them to lose by the spread so you can pocket the dough or that you're happy when you win a bet at CU's expense. I'm not a gambler, but if I was I would never bet against the Buffs. It's either bet on them or not at all.

But that's me and I'm not pissed at or judging you. I'm with Nik. If betting against 'em affects your investment in the Buffs or your loyalty to 'em, then it isn't a good thing.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  10. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

No offense alaska, but I hope you lose tonight.

11. AlaskaBuff

AlaskaBuff New Member

Honestly, if they kept it within a touchdown, I'd be pumped and not upset about the money. I just bet because I truly see gaining something positive from it and Vegas rarely gets the spread right. I still root for them every game and yell at the tv every time they do something boneheaded.