1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DP: CU Buffs have realistic expectations ahead of 2014-15 football season

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffClass90, Aug 1, 2014.

1. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I know it's the Post, but I thought this was interesting/concerning...the OL is not mentioned as expecting a 'noticeable jump'.

"MacIntyre said he expects his team to be improved throughout the roster. He pointed to running back, defensive secondary, linebackers, defensive front and quarterback play as specific areas that should take a noticeable jump in productivity this season."

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_26253661/cu-buffs-expectations-2014-15-football-season

2. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

I wouldn't read too much into that. He may have left out OL unintentionally or simply realized the term "productivity" doesn't really apply to the OL. RBs and QBs can increase yards and TDs, defensive players can increase tackles, TFLs and turnovers. Unless you resort to pancake blocks, it would be hard to expect an increase in "productivity" from the OL.

3. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

We could be significantly improved, but still not win a 6th game. The PAC-12 is that good.

TDbuff likes this.
  4. WasianCU

WasianCU Club Member Club Member

That's pretty much where my expectation is this year too. I expect us to be more competitive and we will continue to see improvement in a lot of categories but that still may leave us without a bowl game. Last season we won the games we were supposed to and if that continues this year, 5 wins seems possible. Sneak in an upset and we can be bowl bound.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

fify