What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dustin Thomas has left the program

So a high RPI will exclude a team, but a low RPI doesn't guarantee anything. I understand the RPI is not a perfect calculation of a team's performance, but if it's this far off it should be re-evaluated.

RBF

Goose has covered this. It's the only answer that makes sense.

I have the greatest RBF of all time.

rbf2.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I appreciate all the love and support! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ForeverABuff?src=hash">#ForeverABuff</a> </p>&mdash; Dustin Thomas (@YehThatsMe_DT13) <a href="https://twitter.com/YehThatsMe_DT13/status/577536669332574209">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DT gone, furk. Who's next??? Not that our team was in good shape anyways but dam, the wheels are falling off before this CBI tourney. Maybe we shouldn't have accepted the bid. No Booker, No DT... I wonder if our guys' heads will even be on straight. Gardner-Webb or whatever might come in to Boulder and whoop our arses.

DT gone, furk. Who's next??? Not that our team was in good shape anyways but dam, the wheels are falling off before this CBI tourney. Maybe we shouldn't have accepted the bid. No Booker, No DT... I wonder if our guys' heads will even be on straight. Gardner-Webb or whatever might come in to Boulder and whoop our arses.
Damn, step back from the ledge

Man I'll miss DT. I sure hope that's the end of transfers. The idiots on Twitter saying he quit have me fuming. Guess josh fortune quit too. Players do what's best for them. Texas to CU is a tougher transition than people think. Good luck DT!

Man I'll miss DT. I sure hope that's the end of transfers. The idiots on Twitter saying he quit have me fuming. Guess josh fortune quit too. Players do what's best for them. Texas to CU is a tougher transition than people think. Good luck DT!

People are idots.

Every school's fans are like this, though. Guys who transfer out have character flaws. Guys who transfer in, shockingly, never have those flaws. :lol:

Anyway, I wish Dustin the best.

Hopefully he finds the right system. I think he needs a zone defense along with an offensive scheme that allow him to take a "point forward" role like Boris Diaw plays.

Dustin played hard, and made significant progress. He is going to be a nice player by his senior year, which I assume he will play somewhere (hope so). I like his aggression on the court.
Best of luck to you Dustin, wish you well, thanks for your efforts as a BUFF.

This team failed to jell, who really knows why except staff and players. I trust Tad to identify the group willing to work together, and turn this boat around. Many positives to work with, and a couple of interesting pieces coming our way. Improved health will also be a good thing, assuming we are fortunate in that regard. Makes me appreciate again how tough a task it is to be really successful at this level.

I know DT didn't have the easiest upbringing & may have more responsibility to his family than most kids. Being away from that 24/7/365 may have been too much. Hope that's the case because he was low on the list of worries.

I don't see a loss here at all, except for the fact this may mean Stalzer is staying on.

DT didn't shoot it well enough to be a 3 and didn't rebound or play physical enough to be a 4. He was a serviceable player and showed a little improvement at the end of the year when there was little pressure. That was reason for optimism but not really excitement.

His biggest strength was confidence but I also got the impression he wasn't as good as he thought he was. Obviously there is a good possibility he and the staff did not see eye to eye in this area.

In P12 basketball you have to have studs who can carry the team and/or individuals who can win their individual match-ups. I can't see DT out producing P12 SF/PF's consistently.

Going into next year Scott, Gordon, and Fletcher are the only 3 I can see with that potential. Collier and Miller could be those guys eventually. Everyone else could transfer out and there wouldn't be much difference with an average replacement via JUCO or graduate player.

Last edited:
DT is a loss. No question about it. If he got his foul rate under control he would dominate.

DT is a loss. No question about it. If he got his foul rate under control he would dominate.

Dominate? That is a stretch. I wish DT well wherever he ends up, but calling a guy who averaged 4ppg dominant is bizarre.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a strong word. That said, DT is a big loss. He was going to be a good chunk of our offense next year - either off the bench or starting at the 3.

Dominate? That is a stretch. I wish DT well wherever he ends up, but calling a guy who averaged 4ppg dominant is bizarre.
Dominate is probably too strong, but he has the potential. I guess that's what I was getting at. His low ppg average I believe is largely due to his foul issue and not being able to stay on the court for more than a few minutes. The end of the season he started to get very confident on offense and was having no issue getting to the rim.

Never understood why he played the five could have developed into a really effective stretch 4 if we played him there and it looks like that's what led him to leave the program.

Well, here we go with the info
[tweet]577559911741059072[/tweet]
[tweet]577561305361444865[/tweet]
[tweet]577564877746630656[/tweet]
[tweet]577565076476928000[/tweet]
[tweet]577566700251435008[/tweet]
[tweet]577565180277571585[/tweet]

At 31% from 3 pt, your small forward better be able to create and/or handle the ball. Otherwise what is his game?

Obviously DT could've improved next year but at this stage, losing him isn't a great risk. Fletcher has shown more upside at the SF position.

At 31% from 3 pt, your small forward better be able to create and/or handle the ball. Otherwise what is his game?

Obviously DT could've improved next year but at this stage, losing him isn't a great risk. Fletcher has shown more upside at the SF position.

You're completely ignoring him coming on in the later stages of the year. Losing DT is a loss.

You're completely ignoring him coming on in the later stages of the year. Losing DT is a loss.

Not at all, I acknowledged that earlier.

However I'm not going to ignore his shooting numbers and the fact that he does not have a position.

Nor the fact that a guy shooting 31% from 3, 45% from the field, and 69% from the foul line thinks he's supposed to get more minutes.

DT is a microcosm of this years team. Inefficient, not happy with his role, and just good enough to be competitive and still get beat.

Yes, a loss, but reading Ryan's tweets, not a great loss. He's just not shown that he's a good perimeter player. He's doesn't have a great jumper and he's not particularly good driving. He seemed to score mostly when he got the ball in the paint or on offensive put backs. If he thinks he's a 2 or 3 and Tad wants him to be a 4, it's best to part ways.

If I was Tad then I would say it was about position & PT too. That's the PC thing to say.

There seems to be an ongoing divide in that locker room & I think it's more likely that DT was tired of it.

Not to say DT was invaluable. Only Scott, Gordon, & Dom are invaluable. This just isn't a good sign bc there's some strong personalities on this team & DT didn't seem like the problem.

Last edited:
Not at all, I acknowledged that earlier.

However I'm not going to ignore his shooting numbers and the fact that he does not have a position.

Nor the fact that a guy shooting 31% from 3, 45% from the field, and 69% from the foul line thinks he's supposed to get more minutes.

DT is a microcosm of this years team. Inefficient, not happy with his role, and just good enough to be competitive and still get beat.

Dont talk percentages on this site. Shooting percentage especially. I'm waiting for some Ken Pom trash that will say he's the second coming of Georges Niang. In all seriousness, I think losing DT is a big loss, but as long as XJ is here, he wasn't going to start. Good luck to DT moving forward.

Yes, a loss, but reading Ryan's tweets, not a great loss. He's just not shown that he's a good perimeter player. He's doesn't have a great jumper and he's not particularly good driving. He seemed to score mostly when he got the ball in the paint or on offensive put backs. If he thinks he's a 2 or 3 and Tad wants him to be a 4, it's best to part ways.
Dustin isn't a good driver? Did you miss the last 5 games or so when he was driving to the rim at will?

Back