1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early odds on the Hawaii game, buffs favored by 11

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jgisland, Sep 12, 2010.

1. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

How is this possible? Hawaii only lost to USC by 13 and won against a decent Army team yesterday. I am shocked at this spread.

2. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Im taking the points.

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Hawaii's defense is awful but they have speed,good qb and 5 wr's who can fly. CU will score but this coaching staff will screw them up somehow. I'm thinking hawaii 35 cu 31.

This will be cu's first home game,maybe that makes a difference.

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Point spread is based on making money, not determining outcome of game.

5. Darian3Hagan

Lay the points and take the over

6. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

that isn't entirely true, it means the books makers believe that at 11 they think will get equal action on both sides.

7. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Hawaii is traditionally HORRIBLE... and I can't stress HORRIBLE enough, on the main land. Bettors know this. If they had a history of performing on the mainland, CU isn't favored in this game.

8. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

Please find me a better publically predictor of outcomes than the point spread (and the derived moneyline) at the time of kickoff. Then we can use that money to personally buy out Hawkins right now.

9. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Yes but do the bettors realize that the bottom might have already dropped out of the 2010 season for CU?

10. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Hawaii is going to crush CU. After that debacle I would be shocked if the players haven't already given up on this coaching staff. The locker room has got be in complete disarray.

11. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

I came in here to say this. Its west coast teams playing on the east coast, but doubled. Its getting bad though when I kinda start hoping we lose this game and get hawkins fired asap,

12. SanDiegoBuff

The major bettors will. The average bettor in Vegas for the weekend though, or casual bettor won't know much more than the standard national perception of teams. They'll see a 1-1 Big XII team against a 1-1 WAC team that travels poorly.

Before the season, CU is an 11 point favorite... right now...

This just shows that the national perception is that we're 8 points better than a Hawaii team on the road. As close a close follower of Colorado, I don't see it, but those relying on national perceptions and betting guides will.

13. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I'm taking UH and the points.

14. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

If I were betting I'd take Hawai'i straight up.

15. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

This is an easy game for Colorado. Hawaii's traveling in, unfamiliar with this climate or altitude, and their almost non-existent defense won't last thru the first quarter. Their offense will last twice as long, then collapse for another easy game in Coach Hawk's career.

16. Darian3Hagan

No such thing as an easy game, remember E. Washington?

17. SanDiegoBuff

Hawaii trains in... well... Hawaii... the humidity and heat will have them well prepared for the generally cool, dry climate they'd see in Colorado. They're also staying in Vegas this week, and while not at 5000ft, still around 2000 ft, which'll get them more acclimated to the altitude after a week. They also won't have a 12 hour flight to deal with in getting in the day before the game. They've been away from home for a couple weeks, which may have an effect.

They will be better prepared than most people think. Their offense is MUCH better than CUs and the defenses are about equal. It's not going to be the stomp people think it is.

18. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Well, if all that is the case, then any of the perceived negatives Hawaii might have carried into this game are gone. They're in Vegas all week, which means what, an hour flight in the same time zone? So yeah, toss the long-travel, not-used-to-the-time thing out the window.

I have a very sinking feeling this is gonna be ugly. God when will this end?

19. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Hawaii hasn't played at Colorado State and Wyoming for a LONG TIME. The altitude will affect them. If the Buffs don't win this one, the Buffs have two weeks to get ready for Georgia and perhaps an interim HC.