1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embree just on CJ and Klatt

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffedup, Jul 18, 2011.

1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

When asked what he is looking for from this year's team offensively? Imposing our will. I don't have a problem with a 2 yard run, but I want the guy who made the tackle to be worrying about having to make that tackle again, especially when the 4th quarter rolls around.

I know talk is cheap, but I honestly believe Embree when he says our identity will be running the ball and that we will be seeing a lot of it.

2. buffalofart

buffalofart Member

I remember the Nebraska safeties in the second half of 62 36. They were hiding. 2 yards and pain in the first half translates to huge gains later. And it isn't just Embree, EB epitomizes a hard running philosophy. Its a challenge to the OL and they will step up.

3. rscmac

rscmac Club Member Club Member

He had me fired up and love the fact he brought back the 9-7 drill, i dont think we will have guys quit if we get behind like last year.
    Glad the boys have been moved to 3-7 didnt like the big show.

4. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Unfortunately, they didn't have to be behind to quit last year:cry:

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Like what I'm hearing.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

7. Illegal Pete

Illegal Pete New Member

Really like what I am hearing from JE. Obviously we have a long way still to go, but I believe that he is at least bringing the attitude of a big time program back to CU.

8. Buffnik

24 kids with gpa's below a 2.0 when he got here. Now it's only 2.

Wow! The one thing Hawkins hung his hat on and it was a complete cluster****.

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

The lack of disciprine was strong with that one. He must have swam in bull**** every night. I wonder if the bull**** tub was the first thing out of Dal Ward?

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Part of the reason I will never buy the "Aw shucks, he was a good guy..." argument.

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Great interview. makes me want to go out and hit someone - the passion is contagious, so refreshing after all of the Hawkisms. Everything was spot on, loved the 'make them kick the ball' comment, along with making it clear to the Seniors that this is their chance to create a legacy. Gotta go to Hawaii and get a 'W' and get these guys some confidence
    ...and then I listened to CJ/Klatt's interview with Neuheisel. It hadn't occurred to me that the Buffs will be in Pasadena for Taylor's Senior Day at UCLA.

12. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Other teams might be better but we just have to be better for 3 hours on 1 day of the week! Love the passion and the way he is building the psychee of the team. Also talked about building a team atmosphere that did not exist last year. He understands how much has to be rebuilt from the players attitudes on up and how big of a challenge it is going to be. He is now buildingna foundation and a personality fornthis team fornyears to come. Way to go Embo!

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I heard that those players were told they would not be allowed to live off campus if their GPAs didn't reach an acceptable level.

14. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Go easy brother, just gotta clean up the little things. Keep polishing the stone and sharpening the sword

15. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

What the **** did Hawk do up there other than steal money? He didnt do his job in any ****ing area seems like to me. It's like the intramurals rant and the OU game were his only highlights. What a ****ing douchebag.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  16. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Just pointint something out but if you go two consecutive semesters with your GPA under 2.0 you get the boot. First time it's ac-pro and that is your only warning. So I am led to believe that the two who are still under 2.0 are getting kicked out of school?

17. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I liked a couple of things, the honesty about a new system negating some of the experience on the OL, and the point he drove in about legacy, to the point where Harrington thinks about it every day.

18. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Now that comment had me :rofl:

19. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Just to play devil's advocate (for fun only, don't lock and load) -- it would seem to me that the players gpa's would dip during the first semester with the heavy time commitment of the football season. just sayin'. Perhaps some of our former players could chime in on this one.

What's disturbing is the number of players below the 2.0 mark. I guess there wasn't much supervision and oversight during those final couple of months.

20. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I am sorry... but I do not remember ANY 2 yard runs in the first half against Nebraska in 2001.

21. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

*ebraska had quite a few of them

22. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Embree made several good points, one that I had yet to verbalize myself which is that, for the last 5 years, our team "has not handled momentum changes, either way, very well." Quite true, could never figure it out.

23. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

Well, my grades were always worse fall semester probably from just watching too much football. A lot of kids I knew, including myself, had terrible grades freshman year. It's all part of figuring out college.

I liked hearing about the players coming together as a team. I think the unity lost due to the Coach/Son tribulations is one of the biggest reasons for our recent failures. Hawk was not the smartest coach, but how many teams win with a divided locker room?

24. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

umm... 4?

25. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

+1 Coach Bandido was a waste...well said.

26. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask Red Dirt. I took 18 hours one season and got a 4.0. I found that I was required to manage my time much more efficiently and that I actually did better grade-wise during the season. My experience is probably not representative of others.

BehindEnemyLines likes this.
  27. BehindEnemyLines

I would think not. It would seem very difficult to achieve a 4.0 at 18SH even if the student wasn't involved in heavily time-consuming activity.

Count me as impressed, Wyo.

28. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

I'm with wyo on this. Fall grades were better because of the lack of slack time. No 4.0s for me, but always did better work under deadline pressure.

29. BehindEnemyLines

Interesting. Do you think this is true for those involved in extracurricular activities?

30. Buffnik

I think it depends on the person. During the fall of my second year of college, I pledged a frat while also going through the football season. I was so busy, I didn't have time to screw around and got like a 3.75 that semester.