What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

I will say it again… EB clearly has some major red flags. However there have been some horrible candidates with like no resume who have landed HC jobs.

Once you're passed over as many times as EB has been, it becomes groupthink and nobody really wants to take that chance in hiring a guy that everyone has passed on for years.

Unfortunately, it feels like a Mel Tucker situation, IMO. Starts off as a college coach, moves to the NFL for a long time with multiple teams in different capacities, but ultimately has to go back to college for his first HC opportunity.

I think EB is probably going to have to go that route if he wants to be a HC.

Once you're passed over as many times as EB has been, it becomes groupthink and nobody really wants to take that chance in hiring a guy that everyone has passed on for years.
I this this is a good point.

at my current employer, there's definitely a thing where if someone has applied for and been denied a job 2-3 times, that they're never going to get it.

Take a look at the linked list and tell me if a guy like Bieniemy would ever have a shot at being the HC of the Titans.

Titans went the safe route given they haven't finalized the financing of their new stadium and will be breaking ground on that at some point this year. $500M from the state and $760M in bonds to be paid back with seating licenses.

Who among us right now would take EB over Shurmur as the Buffs OC for 2024?

I think that EB is going to have to go and take a College HC job to build his NFL HC resume, and the SDSU job would have been a great starting point
You and I would love to have him. Be he’d tell us, you and me, to go **** off a cliff.

He’s not stepping back into the unknown of College football with an unproven coach.

You and I would love to have him. Be he’d tell us, you and me, to go **** off a cliff.

He’s not stepping back into the unknown of College football with an unproven coach.
I would agree that he would probably say that too, but you never know.
Where does he go now?

Well, that sucks for EB, likely gonna be left without a seat after the carousel stops spinning

The magic 8 ball says an "analyst" position at an SEC school awaits

I hate to say this, but with the exception of the Steelers and Cowboys, it sure feels like EB has interviewed w/every other NFL team for their HC position.

He may be left without an OC job. He would definitely get an NFL RB coaching job however

I will say it again… EB clearly has some major red flags. However there have been some horrible candidates with like no resume who have landed HC jobs.
He doesn't get fired after 15 games like Egghead did, and he probably would have been a much better fit for Wilson too.

I bet Prime has already reached out to him. There's no way having a guy who has a decade in the best run organization in the NFL here doesn't make CU better. Whatever EB wants depending on where he winds up...if that's an open door with the program, an analyst role, or maybe even play calling OC/RBs.

Da Bears. Let’s gooo
With a young high investment QB EB could be a significant pick up for the Bears.

Williams has made noise about not wanting to go there, EB might help change his mind and be the guide he needs to become a successful pro.

If they trade the pick and stay with Fields again EB might be what he needs to become what they thought he would be.

With a young high investment QB EB could be a significant pick up for the Bears.

Williams has made noise about not wanting to go there, EB might help change his mind and be the guide he needs to become a successful pro.

If they trade the pick and stay with Fields again EB might be what he needs to become what they thought he would be.
It came out in the last couple of days that those were bs rumors and he’s got no issue with the Bears.

It came out in the last couple of days that those were bs rumors and he’s got no issue with the Bears.
They may have decided to put a cap on the topic but I think there has been enough smoke to suspect that he isn't excited about going there.
May have decided that getting the top contract in the draft would make it tolerable.

Point is though that investing that much (first overall pick) in a rookie QB bringing in somebody like EB who has been associated with the development of Mahomes and highly successful offenses could be a real positive for the rookie QB. He has the credibility and the experience.

Listened to a few talk shows that say the Bears have a big decision because it is 50/50 on whether to keep Fields for one more cheap year. After all, the team loves him in the locker room, or draft Williams and restart the Rookie clock. But, if you trade Fields and Williams flops, you are setback another 4 years and you destroyed the locker room. Feels like you could trade and draft a crap ton of studs in a lot of positions and Fields is serviceable enough with good upside to become a pretty good team. They need weapons and general talent upgrades more than a new QB

Reactions: GRM
Listened to a few talk shows that say the Bears have a big decision because it is 50/50 on whether to keep Fields for one more cheap year. After all, the team loves him in the locker room, or draft Williams and restart the Rookie clock. But, if you trade Fields and Williams flops, you are setback another 4 years and you destroyed the locker room. Feels like you could trade and draft a crap ton of studs in a lot of positions and Fields is serviceable enough with good upside to become a pretty good team. They need weapons and general talent upgrades more than a new QB
I’m not sure Williams is the answer, but I’m not sold on Fields. The fact that after a few years that the verdict is still out on him is frustrating. What the Bears can’t afford to do is not reset the rookie QB salary cap numbers if Fields isn’t the long term answer.

They may have decided to put a cap on the topic but I think there has been enough smoke to suspect that he isn't excited about going there.
May have decided that getting the top contract in the draft would make it tolerable.

Point is though that investing that much (first overall pick) in a rookie QB bringing in somebody like EB who has been associated with the development of Mahomes and highly successful offenses could be a real positive for the rookie QB. He has the credibility and the experience.
They just hired a new OC like a week ago

I’m not sure Williams is the answer, but I’m not sold on Fields. The fact that after a few years that the verdict is still out on him is frustrating. What the Bears can’t afford to do is not reset the rookie QB salary cap numbers if Fields isn’t the long term answer.
Agreed, such a conundrum though
Could dramatically improve so many positions, and run with Fields and be very good, or restart with Williams, but not improve 2-3 positions.
Better make the right choice, but not sure if Williams is as bought in as much as Fields and if Williams slips up, the fan base just hits rock bottom

I’ll say it. **** Williams.

Back