1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN Insiders out there?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OUBuff, Oct 12, 2009.

1. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Headline on ESPN for "insiders" that reads "Rumors: Shanahan may have a secret deal [​IMG]"

Could it mention CU?:smokin:

Any insight from insiders?

Used to be an "insider" when I was deployed, but I never wanted the magazine so let it expire.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I'd assume its from the Redskins or Cowboys.

3. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Likely right there... The most outside of possibilities is the CU deal people have tossed around lately. Of course, I remember how unlikely it was for John Elway to end up in a Bronco uniform so many years ago. :rolleyes::smile2:

Nothing quite like a good implausible rumor. :thumbsup:

4. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

It is from the Redskins. They are saying they offered the job to Shannahan twice already and he is the long term replacement. I guess that means he won't take the job mid-season.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

If I was Shanahan I'd pass on the Redskins..

6. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Wow. Redskins it is, and it sounds like Jim Zorn won't be finishing the season

7. Dunken

Dunken Member

I think Shanny will wait to see how the coaching will play out at Dallas....

8. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

I agree that he'll wait to see what happens in Dallas (he has replaced Wade Phillips once already haha), but the problem with either of those jobs is that Shanny will have to deal with an ego-maniac owner who probably won't give up GM control.

Maybe there'll be another, more attractive opportunity open up at the end of this season or next season (he is being paid sick $ to do nothing for the next 2 years)...I'm thinking maybe Buffalo or Carolina could open up too.

9. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

It was already mentioned somewhere on this board, but I look to see Shanny in San Diego.

Norv sucks as a coach. if the Broncos can somehow win this week on the road the Chargers fall to 2-3 with a schdeule that has probably another 4 losses on it. There is no chance of a playoff wild card comming out of the AFC West.

Look for Shanny go go to the Chargers. That way he can beat both the Raiders and Broncos every year for payback.

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I wouldn't discard the idea of Shanny possibly going to SD, but I really don't think he has much desire to get revenge on the Broncos because his tenure in Denver didn't end in a bitter manner.

11. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Per ESPN

12. Dunken

Dunken Member

He may give up some control for a FAT pay check, and that is what Dallas and even the Deadskins could bring....It would be weird if he went to SD..