What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN (Tin Griffin's) B12 Predictions

"Lots" is a relative term. There weren't very many CU fans at all back then, so if 30-40 folks were getting disgruntled, it represented a much larger percentage of the total.

There were articles in the paper, it was a big topic at Buff club meetings and such.

wait a minute, where is everybody getting the idea I am not losing it? I have the same views and have said that I am leaning towards jumping off if Hawk doesn't win now. People read me wrong or something.

Alrighty then......Kind of confusing like "pack your bags" messages....

Scott (St Louis): Tim, what do you see from the Big 12 North next year? Is Nebraska the odds on favorite to win the division?

sn2.gif
Tim Griffin: (3:44 PM ET ) Scott: I do see the Cornhuskers as the favorite to win the North. But I think the North will be very close with schools like Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State and Colorado State. It will be very competitive.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Yeah, because your approval is what keeps me going through the day. :rolleyes: Your last sentence shows your maturity level so I think you should go over to the 13 year olds house, put on some leather helmets, and club one another while listening to Yanni's greatest hits.

Not my approval, the rest of the buff fan approval, that's why you're so funny calling everyone else a 13yr old while you're trying to serve everyone else on this board.

Why do you hate self acceptance?

Every season is different. It's what makes college football so much fun. I understand that Hawk said "10 wins, no excuses," but really my perception of next season is determined by more than just the final W-L tally. I know, ultimately scoreboard is what counts. But how you get that scoreboard shapes my view of the season as well. I don't think that not calling for Hawk's head after going 5-7 last season means that we've accepted losing. Stevie Wonder could see that the 5-7 record was not the full story. Ultimately, you have to decide if firing Hawk is the quickest way to a better record. I freakin hated the 5-7 record, but I don't think for a second that showing Hawk the door, is the quickest route to a 10 win season. And luckily, I don't think Mike Bohn thinks that either.

What if we lose our first 3 in a row and then win 9 straight. That's not 10 wins, but clearly there would be a good feeling about the program at the end of the year based on the win streak. What if we get a rash of injuries that makes last season seem like a walk in the park.

I'm just going to root my freakin brains out and see what happens. Then evaluate the season after the fact, based on all the evidence. Not just the number of wins.

Every season is different. It's what makes college football so much fun. I understand that Hawk said "10 wins, no excuses," but really my perception of next season is determined by more than just the final W-L tally. I know, ultimately scoreboard is what counts. But how you get that scoreboard shapes my view of the season as well. I don't think that not calling for Hawk's head after going 5-7 last season means that we've accepted losing. Stevie Wonder could see that the 5-7 record was not the full story. Ultimately, you have to decide if firing Hawk is the quickest way to a better record. I freakin hated the 5-7 record, but I don't think for a second that showing Hawk the door, is the quickest route to a 10 win season. And luckily, I don't think Mike Bohn thinks that either.

What if we lose our first 3 in a row and then win 9 straight. That's not 10 wins, but clearly there would be a good feeling about the program at the end of the year based on the win streak. What if we get a rash of injuries that makes last season seem like a walk in the park.

I'm just going to root my freakin brains out and see what happens. Then evaluate the season after the fact, based on all the evidence. Not just the number of wins.
I started watching CU football my first year in college at Boulder in 1975. Bill Mallory was coach, and produced some pretty good teams. I suffered through the Fairbanks years, and rode the gravy train with Mac. Neu and GB had some success, but I don't ever recall a coach getting as much support for producing as little as Hawkins. This is year 4, if he can't win - we need to go in another direction or accept being mediocre.

I started watching CU football my first year in college at Boulder in 1975. Bill Mallory was coach, and produced some pretty good teams. I suffered through the Fairbanks years, and rode the gravy train with Mac. Neu and GB had some success, but I don't ever recall a coach getting as much support for producing as little as Hawkins. This is year 4, if he can't win - we need to go in another direction or accept being mediocre.

My first year was 1984, and I would hardly call that a "gravy train" year. To tell you the truth, I don't remember much interest at all druing the 1-10 season of 1984.

My first year was 1984, and I would hardly call that a "gravy train" year. To tell you the truth, I don't remember much interest at all druing the 1-10 season of 1984.
Mac had a 7 -5 season in his 4th year, and you are right in that his success didn't happen overnight. I can tell you fans were not giving him the support in his first few years that they have given Hawkins. One thing I can certainly tell you is that I never ever heard Mac shoot off his mouth about 10 win seasons. I'm all for letting things play out in 2009, let's see what happens - Mac did say "give him 4 years".

Last edited:

To be honest here are my feelings. We are barely a BCS school as far as money and facilities. In reality we would fit better in a confrence like the MWC or the Wac. It hurts and sucks, but it is the truth. If Hawk can't get it done right now, I really don't see any other person that can here, now. It's just too hard with our budget and facilities. Hawk and his staff are working their asses off tryign to get players in here that can take us to the next level. If he can't make it work, Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer couldn't even do it as well IMO. So yes, it's either win now or accept mediocracy. I really hope Hawk can turn it around with wins and start getting better fan support wich means more fannies in the seats which means more money. Oh and going to top notch bowls brings in more money.

Last edited:
Mac had a 7 -5 season in his 3rd year, and you are right in that his success didn't happen overnight. I can tell you fans were not giving him the support in his first few years that they have given Hawkins. One thing I can certainly tell you is that I never ever heard Mac shoot off his mouth about 10 win seasons. I'm all for letting things play out in 2009, let's see what happens - Mac did say "give him 4 years".

Wrong, Mac had a 1-10 season his third year. 7-5 was his 4th year

To be honest here are my feelings. We are barely a BCS school as far as money and facilities. In reality we would fit better in a confrence like the MWC or the Wac. It hurts and sucks, but it is the truth. If Hawk can't get it done right now, I really don't see any other person that can here, now. It's just too hard with our budget and facilities. Hawk and his staff is working his ass off tryign to get players in here that can take us to the next level. If he can't make it work, Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer couldn't even do it as well IMO. So yes, it's either win now or accept mediocracy. I really hope Hawk can turn it around and start getting better fan support wich means more fannies in the seats which means more money. Oh and going to top notch bowls brings in more money.
It really bugs me to say this, but you are absolutely correct. 50,000 seat stadiums are for the minor leagues, and we can't even fill it. The Broncos are the reason for alot of our problems, and that will never go away.

Not my approval, the rest of the buff fan approval, that's why you're so funny calling everyone else a 13yr old while you're trying to serve everyone else on this board.

Why do you hate self acceptance?

:rolleyes: Okay...............

To be honest here are my feelings. We are barely a BCS school as far as money and facilities. In reality we would fit better in a confrence like the MWC or the Wac. It hurts and sucks, but it is the truth. If Hawk can't get it done right now, I really don't see any other person that can here, now. It's just too hard with our budget and facilities. Hawk and his staff are working their asses off tryign to get players in here that can take us to the next level. If he can't make it work, Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer couldn't even do it as well IMO. So yes, it's either win now or accept mediocracy. I really hope Hawk can turn it around with wins and start getting better fan support wich means more fannies in the seats which means more money. Oh and going to top notch bowls brings in more money.
Unleashing my HECK finally beat you down. cwho? will never be a program like NEBRASKA - Even when you beat us, you still don't - I've only seen 7 losses to cu in my lifetime and I'm 37. BTW - I love all the rep comments that everyone sends me it get's me H**D!!!:lol::thumbsup: Oh yea leash - NO MATTER HOW BAD YOUR TEAM IS YOU NEVER CONCEDE - YOU ALWAYS MOTHERF EVERY OTHER TEAM. That's why I alway's argued with you - YOU STOOD UP FOR YOUR TEAM AND MOTHERF'D NEBRASKA. I'm disappointed in you.:sad1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Beg to differ on the Bob Stoops, Urban Meyers comment. These 2 coaches, along with Pete from USC, Mack from UT, Les from LSU, Nick from "Bama to name a few more aren't winners based on the schools and their athletic budgets, even though these 2 factors play a part in it. They field winning programs at the universities they have coached at.

as far as the money from bowls, CU did receive somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 mil this year from bowl revenue, the same as the other 11 conference teams, without going to a top notch bowl.

Beg to differ on the Bob Stoops, Urban Meyers comment. These 2 coaches, along with Pete from USC, Mack from UT, Les from LSU, Nick from "Bama to name a few more aren't winners based on the schools and their athletic budgets, even though these 2 factors play a part in it. They field winning programs at the universities they have coached at.

as far as the money from bowls, CU did receive somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 mil this year from bowl revenue, the same as the other 11 conference teams, without going to a top notch bowl.
You forgot to mention Bob Devaney & Tom Osborne.

You forgot to mention Bob Devaney & Tom Osborne.

no he didn't forget them they competed in a different era and under different rules. The game today is totally different and most of the good to really good big 8 teams of the past would get thier asses handed to them if they tried to compete in today's environment.

I love the fact no one in this thread has pointed out the fact he thinks colorado state is in the big 12 might just mar his credibility.

Last edited:
Unleashing my HECK finally beat you down. cwho? will never be a program like NEBRASKA - Even when you beat us, you still don't - I've only seen 7 losses to cu in my lifetime and I'm 37. BTW - I love all the rep comments that everyone sends me it get's me H**D!!!:lol::thumbsup: Oh yea leash - NO MATTER HOW BAD YOUR TEAM IS YOU NEVER CONCEDE - YOU ALWAYS MOTHERF EVERY OTHER TEAM. That's why I alway's argued with you - YOU STOOD UP FOR YOUR TEAM AND MOTHERF'D NEBRASKA. I'm disappointed in you.:sad1:

:lol:

Holy **** I am honored!

no he didn't forget them they competed in a different era and under different rules. The game today is totally different and most of the good to really good big 8 teams of the past would get thier asses handed to them if they tried to compete in today's environment.

I love the fact no one in this thread has pointed out the fact he thinks colorado state is in the big 12 might just mar his credibility.
Maybe csu should be. BTW have you ever been to O'mally's on 12th & Wilshire - I love that little ****hole sports bar. Cute girls work there to.

Maybe csu should be. BTW have you ever been to O'mally's on 12th & Wilshire - I love that little ****hole sports bar. Cute girls work there to.

Yeah, although I think the name may have changed, but its still a dive, and still has hot girls behind the bar.

Just announced 2 new scoreboards in Memorial Stadium.
Cornhusker season ticket holders will see improvements in the fan experience when they arrive at Memorial Stadium this fall. Two new HuskerVision replay boards will be added on the northwest and northeast towers. The screens are the same size as those on the south towers, measuring 21 high and 24’ wide. The addition will give Memorial Stadium five replay boards and allow nearly every fan a clear view of a HuskerVision screen.

Additionally, HuskerVision will be upgraded to a high-definition format during the summer, further enhancing one of college football's best in-game video presentations. The HuskerVision upgrades, totaling more than $3 million, are partially funded by the University's contract with IMG, and were approved by the Nebraska Board of Regents at its January meeting.

Our fans should really enjoy the new features planned for Memorial Stadium,” Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said. “We have heard from fans who were concerned about not having a clear view of the replay screens and we have addressed that. The high-definition format will really add to what HuskerVision does, and we expect that we will also add ribbon boards to the façade of the East and West balconies for the 2009 season.”

Now we can see this..... X 5

Attachments

• NEBRASKA SEALS THE DEAL.jpg
    NEBRASKA SEALS THE DEAL.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 3
or this - She's from Evergreen

Attachments

• DreamGirl.jpg
    DreamGirl.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2

I'm sure he knows CSU isn't in the Big 12. He's probably lazy like most and doesn't proof read his material.

You red necks are dead meat a$$hole, your program died when Tom Osborne retired. Yea Go Big Red - the KU Gayhawks put up what 76 on your pu$$y defense when they played in Lawrence. You haven't been ranked in years - blow it out your a$$. Kansas is going to ream you a new one this year again in Lawrence and you are going down in Boulder too. Pi$$ off.

Last edited:
You red necks are dead meat a$$hole, your program died when Tom Osborne retired. Yea Go Big Red - the KU Gayhawks put up what 76 on your pu$$y defense when they played in Lawrence. You haven't been ranked in years - blow it out your a$$. Kansas is going to ream you a new one this year again in Lawrence and you are going down in Boulder too. Pi$$ off.
I love FAN LETTERS:lol: KU and cu have beat NEBRASKA what 10 times in the last 60 combined games - Yea I know it's the past but until you win 40 or 50 combined quit pumping your chest. Except for ou & tu the rest of the Big12 has about 3 decades to even it out. Get your shot's in while you can because you know NEBRASKA will be good again.

I love FAN LETTERS:lol: KU and cu have beat NEBRASKA what 10 times in the last 60 combined games - Yea I know it's the past but until you win 40 or 50 combined quit pumping your chest. Except for ou & tu the rest of the Big12 has about 3 decades to even it out. Get your shot's in while you can because you know NEBRASKA will be good again.

Shouldn't you be spending time getting excited about your own team on your own little fan board? Unless things aren't going so well up in Lincoln but I've already said too much...

:lol::lol: hilariously pathetic.

same is true for Bill McCartney's Big 8 teams or no? C'mon?

someone did point out the lammie thing earlier in the thread.

Griffin is a Texas honk. his beat is the SWC teams....really. being a conference writer for ESPN is just a guise for his Texas honking.

Last edited:
Back