1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN Tip Off Marathon

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Jens1893, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

What a brilliant idea.

Watched some College Hoops today and that Sullinger kid for OSU was fairly impressive. Kinda shows you the problem of the sport also tho as he´ll only be there for a year unless he bombs.

And my god, that new Louisville arena has a ridiculous name (KFC Yum! Center????), but it looks damn impressive. I know Louisville is primarily a basketball school and we´re not really competing against them, but how the hell are you supposed to compete when other schools play in arenas that put some NBA arenas to shame?

2. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Yum is a huge food supplier based in Kentucky so they doled out a ton of cash to tie in with KFC for name branding rights. I love the Cardinals and Have since the days of Rodney and Scooter McCray and DR. Dunkenstien. I also have huge lifetime respect for Denny Crum. As for the Arena it is simply beyond amazing but when you can attract 22k fans nightly to Ville Men's and Woman's hoops that will get you support.

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I tend to think negatively of the NBA-like arenas on the college level. No atmosphere, very sterile. I think of Ohio State first and foremost with regards to this. Now the CEC kinda sucks, but its much better than playing our games at the Pepsi Center. College is college for a reason.