1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's Bottome Ten?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Daaah, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Probably. :(

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Miller's sack on Hansen imo

3. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I forgot about that play - thanks! that was a f'n classic.... way to show your will miller

4. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Sadly, thats probably the fastest and most fluid ive seen Miller move all year.

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

They ****ing blow.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

6. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

:nod:

How can we have these two huge NFL prospects in Miller and Solder the last few years, yet our offensive line has sucked the last few years?

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Two completely different players. Solder made himself into an NFL player, developed himself, did the work, had the attitude. Was targeted by Belichek because of his talent but also his attitude. Has already played well this season and looks to be a longtime pro.

Miller is a physical monster. In high school he was not only bigger than everyone else but also faster than most, didn't have to work hard to dominate. Started almost immediately in college but how much has he improved since he got to CU. Despite his physical ability how often does he dominate? Can you count on him to get push when you have to have short yardage? How often is his man a non-factor in crucial moments.

I hope I am wrong but my guess is that Miller absolutely kills it at the combine. At least one team is going to fall in love with his measurables and draft him way higher than the film of his games would justify. Maybe a good NFL O-Line coach can change his mindset and turn him into a player. I'm not betting on it, instead I think he gets a nice signing bonus, spends a couple years on a roster because they are paying him a bunch then he dissapears from the league without much notice.

8. ReedMarks

ReedMarks Club Member Club Member

Ryan Miller is far and away the single most overrated player in the history of CU football. He is seen as a monster who blows holes open etc. He simply cannot passblock and is often given credit for seal blocks when the fact is, he is late on his block so the DL has moved thru the play.

The film will not lie...he is just not an NFL lineman.

9. Gramburglar

Gramburglar Literally has hundreds of dollars Club Member

I would have to put Patrick Williams in there as well. Every year we would hear how great he was and he never sowed up in games. Yet he some how got an NFL tryout.

10. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

Its nice to see people finally realizing how much Miller has been overrated on here. I was telling people in a different thread that he will go in the 2nd round at highest and they were saying he was one of the top Guards in the country. I am guessing now he is between a 3rd and 5th round pick on film. How he does in the combine will make a big difference for him. I have heard he does have good work ethic and I think he will be in the league for at least 5 years but likely as a backup player.

He definitely didn't live up to his 5 star status.