What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Ya that article is outdated. They are now 400mil+ over budget. The VA insisted on running the project themselves with no CM. They also decided to change their minds about what they wanted about 60% through construction without running a new estimate. Giant cluster**** over there.

Word is that RG is over 60% there.

You under promise and over deliver.

I understand that concept, for the negative crowd here, is impossible to buy into, but this guy is a new LEVEL in what we've seen since Marolt. I'm not religious at all, but faith sometimes is a good idea. I really don't understand the never ending negativity here. I guess 10+ years of losing does it to you, which I get, but come on, save the constant whining for your wife, boss, girlfriend, family, friends. We are heading into a new, sustained level of success that will taste so much better after the years of constant disappointments.

Mac2, from everything I've read and heard from him, is a huge positive. I know a lot of people have reservations after the Hawkins nightmare, but in 3 years, you're going to be glad Jay is a Buff, and the Coach isn't going anywhere because of it.

Go Buffs!

I understand that concept, for the negative crowd here, is impossible to buy into, but this guy is a new LEVEL in what we've seen since Marolt. I'm not religious at all, but faith sometimes is a good idea. I really don't understand the never ending negativity here. I guess 10+ years of losing does it to you, which I get, but come on, save the constant whining for your wife, boss, girlfriend, family, friends. We are heading into a new, sustained level of success that will taste so much better after the years of constant disappointments.

Mac2, from everything I've read and heard from him, is a huge positive. I know a lot of people have reservations after the Hawkins nightmare, but in 3 years, you're going to be glad Jay is a Buff, and the Coach isn't going anywhere because of it.

Go Buffs!

so far I like both guys. we made progress last year. if that continues i'm good. start with a foundation and build...

just make sure you recognize cracks in the foundation and get them fixed before they become a problem for all levels.

so far I like both guys. we made progress last year. if that continues i'm good. start with a foundation and build...

just make sure you recognize cracks in the foundation and get them fixed before they become a problem for all levels.

This is the problem I see with a lot of the vocal critics of the program right now. Could we have a much higher rated recruiting class? Without question we could.

The way to do that is sign a bunch of kids who are high risk either academically or characterwise (or healthwise) who jump your star ranking up significantly on LOI day. The problem is that as we have seen in past years way to many of these guys aren't around in 2-3 years to help you out.

This years class may not have a lot of "star-quality" recruits in it. What it looks like we do have is a bunch of kids who are likely to be here and will likely develop into those foundational players who you can build a program on. They may not ever be NFL prospects but more of them that prior years classes are likely to become players who at least belong on the field against PAC level players.

As to facilities we have been hearing pie in the sky for well over a decade. The current plan may not be one that puts at the head of the arms race but it is at least one that shows some recruits that we are planning to be back in the game. Much more important that we get dirt moving on something decent than we spend our time selling dreams of palaces that will never be built.

Also in terms of the donations it becomes a chicken or egg question. For to long we have been hearing "The donors need to step up then we can start building and become competitive." Those donors didn't get the money to donate by being stupid. They want to see results before they start throwing money around.

The donor base for CU is not poor and lacking in resources. Show real progress both on the field and in the development of the program and I can see a significant improvement in fund raising. Sit back and blame the donors and they have plenty of other places to put their funds.

Lets not go crazy on the RG love here all he's doing is a classic sandbag - dont get me wrong i am one of the worst sandbaggers you'll ever meet but that is all he is doing.

Lets not go crazy on the RG love here all he's doing is a classic sandbag - dont get me wrong i am one of the worst sandbaggers you'll ever meet but that is all he is doing.
I really don't think I'm going overboard. I believe in optimism with a heavy dose of realism. Do you honestly think we've seen a AD like RG in years? I sure don't. From everything I've heard and read, he's gotten the CU Admin on board which Bohn and Thorpe could never do. He isn't sandbagging at all, in fact he strikes me as the opposite. Under promise and over deliver. I guess well have this conversation in a couple months when we see how far we've come. I'm guessing it gets done way ahead of schedule.

Go Buffs!

It is a fricking Internet message board - get over yourself. If my opinion does not match yours - tough. I still have the right to express my opinion.

This is the problem I see with a lot of the vocal critics of the program right now. Could we have a much higher rated recruiting class? Without question we could.

The way to do that is sign a bunch of kids who are high risk either academically or characterwise (or healthwise) who jump your star ranking up significantly on LOI day. The problem is that as we have seen in past years way to many of these guys aren't around in 2-3 years to help you out.

This years class may not have a lot of "star-quality" recruits in it. What it looks like we do have is a bunch of kids who are likely to be here and will likely develop into those foundational players who you can build a program on. They may not ever be NFL prospects but more of them that prior years classes are likely to become players who at least belong on the field against PAC level players.

As to facilities we have been hearing pie in the sky for well over a decade. The current plan may not be one that puts at the head of the arms race but it is at least one that shows some recruits that we are planning to be back in the game. Much more important that we get dirt moving on something decent than we spend our time selling dreams of palaces that will never be built.

Also in terms of the donations it becomes a chicken or egg question. For to long we have been hearing "The donors need to step up then we can start building and become competitive." Those donors didn't get the money to donate by being stupid. They want to see results before they start throwing money around.

The donor base for CU is not poor and lacking in resources. Show real progress both on the field and in the development of the program and I can see a significant improvement in fund raising. Sit back and blame the donors and they have plenty of other places to put their funds.

Recruiting myth number 27...Not every highly ranked recruit is an academic or character risk and not every lowly ranked recruit is an angel. Character guys can get in trouble also. By all accounts Webb was a character guy...but he got in trouble. Some of MacIntyre recruits will get into trouble - it is the law of averages.

Back