1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facilities Upgrades with George at the Helm

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Jul 25, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

RG is not going to have a BB coach or FB coach of his own choosing for a while. All guys in his position want to put their stamp on something important that allows for them to build a legacy and insert their vision into the mix.

Given that, I am willing to bet there are going to be probably significant changes to the facilities plans going forward. I find it hard to believe George is going to take whatever Bohn developed with others at CU, and just raise money for that and oversee the construction.

George coming from Texas where everything is bigger, he can see the writing on the wall of what is happening in the Pac 12. His background has similarities with that of Scott who obviously has big visions for the Pac 12.

I bet we will see a revised, more "transformative" vision for facilities at CU. For example, I wouldn't be surprised to see a multi-phase plan that includes Folsom expansion. Given what George was able to do to increase attendance for the Rangers, he must believe he and HCMM can do that at Colorado, and also would want to keep up with the Joneses in the Pac.

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

What was that? Win a bunch of games?

3. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Go to world series twice?

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I endorse this strategy.

5. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

How long would it take for RG to unveil the facilities plan? I'm sure most if not all Buff fans recall how long it took for Bohn to unveil his plan.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree with the OP.

There's no reason to be concerned about any of the coaches right now.

Kritza is probably closest to being on the hot seat with the VB program, but they improved a lot last season to just short of .500 despite their best player going down with a knee injury early in the OOC. With Kerra back and almost no losses to graduation, I expect VB to turn the corner this year. At most, that's a coach to watch who could end up on the hot seat for a bad season but she is not on it now. (I like her, so I'm maybe a bit biased, but I believe this is going to be a pretty big year for VB.)

That said, George can focus almost completely on administrative issues, budgetary issues, public relations issues and budget issues. Get the right infrastructure built and let's see this collection of good coaches take things where they should be in the win column.

7. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I expect pine trees in the stadium

8. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

beer

9. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

this