1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facilitites timeline

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Dec 4, 2013.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Thought this deserved its own thread because no one is really talking about the timeline here - if they can really get this done in the time they are talking about it means this years class will see a significant and tangible benifit from this project. This contrasts with what has been proposed before and with projects at other schools which had much longer time horizons. It will be very interesting to see what this does for Coach Mac and the staff over the next 12 months.

2. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Knowing who the architecture & engineering firms are could give us a little insight as to how long it will take once the final drawings are approved for construction. One of the things that can slow the entire project down are change orders. And we all know that cost over runs are a common occurrence in large projects. If CU awards the contracts to a company that has vast experience in design / build for these types of facilities, then it would be $$$ well spent.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I saw that timeline. I have to say I think it's extremely aggressive. To the point of being unrealistic. It all hinges on their ability to get the necessary funding in place, too.

A lot of times in projects like this, they finance the initial construction with bonds, and then pay the bonds off over time through donations. I expect that's the case here, as well. Not knowing for sure what the Regents actually approved, they may have approved the funding of the facilities through the Foundation, with repayment coming over a specified time frame.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Breaking ground in spring, sayeth RG on the Fan this afternoon. Would that mean after spring game or after commencement in Folsom?

5. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

I just sent my donation, I like Rick George.

Gary Indiana likes this.
  6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That would be make the Fall of 2015 goal more realistic. The BDC article said this summer would be the earliest that work could start.

7. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

Break Ground - December 2014

Occupy Facility - August 2016/August 2017

http://www.boarddocs.com/co/cu/Board.nsf/files/9E3S9T650A2C/$file/Colorado%20Football%20Ops%20Program%20Plan%2011_18_13%20Final%20with%20GIPF%20as%20Supplement.pdf
    Page 53

8. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

Based on the fact that the Grounds/IPF (recycling) building needs to be replaced with a new building east of the Regent garage, the NE stadium rework/expansion and the indoor practice building will be last. They will probably begin with the buildout of the 4th floor and some of the Dal Ward renovations. It sounds like from the other information that was on the regent docs, the Grounds/IPF would be complete by EOY 2014 which would support ground breaking on the stadium work immediately after next season ends.

9. bigdaddybuffs

bigdaddybuffs Club Member Club Member

From a construction standpoint, the Indoor practice facility could be completed in about 6 months from groundbreaking. These are just large metal boxes. Building this over Franklin is a huge cost saving measure. The redesign with eliminating the garage etc. not only reduced the overall cost by at least 30 mil, but allowed the money to be better spent in other areas. They essentially have already raised enough money to begin on the IPF. If you look at the Broncos proposal they are spending approx. 30 million for an IPF and a much smaller renovation.

10. pcbuff

pcbuff Well-Known Member

What is the time line demanded in the coaches contract?

[h=2]What is the time line demanded in the coaches contract?[/h]Anyone know?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  11. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Anyone know what?

12. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Anyone know what Facilitites are. Are they related to the Hittites? Or maybe something more current such as the Mennonite?

13. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

That plans be submitted to the board of regents before the end of december.

Check that box.

14. Walter White

Walter White Member

CU should go Anti-Oregon and build totally Spartan facilities. Totally minimalist. Hard core. Set the tone.

15. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

So... Status Quo?

16. Walter White

Walter White Member

No. Strip it down from what it is now.

17. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

So has anyone heard if the $50M is still the fundraising target with the total cost coming down ~$30M?

18. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Worked for Rocky in the Russian Tetons

[video=youtube;ye8jddRP-bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8jddRP-bs[/video]

19. BuffCat

BuffCat Club Member Club Member

I think they said they wanted a third before proceeding, so if we're going with $142 million as the project cost, that's what, $47 million or so needed. So not much lower.

20. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Thanks. I can lower my gift down to $1.5M :lol:

21. Walter White

Walter White Member

That's what i'm talking about!

22. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

You'd love the current/former basketball workout space while the new rooms were being worked on.