1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy College Football League

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cmgoods, Jun 1, 2014.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

If I can get enough people to play, I'll be starting a fantasy college football league here. It's not on yahoo or any other site, I'll be doing it myself through excel. It will be just like any other head to head fantasy league and I'll keep it updated throughout the season and on a thread. Since the season is still 3 months away, the draft doesn't need to be live and you would have like a week to make your pick. Let me know on this thread if you want to play.

Rules
    PositionStatsPointsWaiver/Free Agents
    QB25 yards1There will be a 2 day wait for players dropped and priority will go by the last place team first, then 2nd to last, and so on. After 1 week, the player on waivers will be a free agent and no restrictions apply.
    TD6
    Int-2
    Fumble-2
    Sack-1
    RB/WR/Return10 yards1
    TD6
    Fumble-2
    DefenseSack2
    Int2
    TD6
    KXP1
    01-191
    20-292
    30-393
    40-494
    50+5
    Roster
    Offense
    QBQBRBRBWRWRWRTETE
    Defense
    DDDD
    Special Teams
    KKR/PR
    BenchBenchBenchBenchBenchBench

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

cmgoods - I did a money league with a bunch of the mods/admins/publishers of CU sites the past couple years.

cbssports does a very good setup for college football fantasy.

We're not continuing that league this year, but I am happy to help you set up a "bragging rights" league this season for the AB board.

This looks like too much work if you do it the way you were thinking.

With 12 or fewer participants, the best thing to do is limit it to players from BCS programs. (Points against FCS competition are halved, iirc.)

3. cmgoods

I don't think that it will be that bad plus I'm kind of looking for something to do to take up my time. But, I will use your suggestion as far as points against FCS teams being halved and limiting players to just BCS teams. I think that maybe I will get rid of the waiver rule because that does seem like a pain to keep up with.

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

In bitches.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Yes, or even a single conference such as the Pac-12.

6. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

...like Flynn.

7. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

I do a league with friends via CBS. I second using it. It's pretty fun. I would be in for another if it gets going.

8. cmgoods

I promise this league will be fun too and you don't have to go to any other site.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

My concern is over the size of this project for one guy. Compiling all the stats, assigning points, approving trades and waiver pickups, providing injury reports, etc. I'm all for you taking a shot at it, but I do wonder whether it would make more sense to simply Manage a cbs league for us this season to get a feel for all that goes into it and how you might improve it rather than jumping in with both feet on doing it yourself.

10. cmgoods

You know what, I didn't even think about injuries. You're probably right and I'll just start a CBS league and let everyone join when it's available.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I'll join if you still have a slot

12. cmgoods

I'm going to start one through CBS when it opens. I'll let everyone on here know.

13. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

thanks. We had a league for several years, but quit last year. I think Jimmy Buff managed it. Looking forward to having Carolina whip us again.