What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Buffs football memory?

Orange915.jpg

I know it's only against CSU, but the gif of Vickers doing his Alpha Dogg slam of the CSU DB as he marches into the end zone is a great memory.

Nothing beats the day I was in the stands with my father in law jumping up and down as CU crushed #1 Nebraska 62-36 though. With our third or fourth string running back.

I've been around since the end of the Fairbanks era, have seen a MNC, Heisman trophy winner, Darian Hagan, Jeff Campbell, J.J. Flannigan, and the Miracle in Michigan.

I think my favorite Buff memory is Ahkello's INT.

I've been around since the end of the Fairbanks era, have seen a MNC, Heisman trophy winner, Darian Hagan, Jeff Campbell, J.J. Flannigan, and the Miracle in Michigan.

I think my favorite Buff memory is Ahkello's INT.

That changed our whole season and, quite possibly, our entire program going forward. Huge moment. Haa-yuge!

I remember rashaan salaam and the Michael Westbrook hail mary from Cordel, but that was the mid-90s. Then the Buffs were in the top ten back in 2002 ( if my memory serves me correctly) and now you guys have the Boulder football revival of 2016.

What's everyone's favorite CU football memory?
Been thinking on that since you started thread. Best I could come up with?

The next one.

I'm a newbie and don't have a deep well of memories like most of you, but the best memory would be Bobo's twisting, one-handed grab in the end zone for the winning points against Oregon (which happened to be the #1 play on ESPN Top 10 that day). Without that play, Witherspoon's interception doesn't happen. MM's reaction to the overturned call is priceless.

I always limit this to what I saw in person:
1) 1991 Orange Bowl (10-9 over ND)
2) 1990 win at NU (27-12 - with all of CU's points in the 4th quarter after we went shirtless in ****ing ass freezing weather in Lincoln)
3) 2001 62-36

just curious.... when did u know him.... my buddy helped take care of his dog because he was in Vet school....
I was at CU from 92-95 ... any of the football players who got baked basically came to one of my buddies. I was at tons of parties with Shannon Clavelle, Darius Holland, Kerry Hicks, Rashaan, Rae Carruth ... kind of a strange scene for a long-haired hippie like I was at the time. Funny thing ... Rae-Rae (as they called him) was actually a very chill dude.

Overall? 62-36. I was two days removed from an ACL surgery, on all kinds of painkiller, and still yelling at the TV as loud as I could.

What I've seen in person? Ummmm three things-1994 against Texas, 2007 against Oklahoma, and Saturday night is up there for a couple reasons. One, that's the best Folsom crowd I've ever seen in person. Two, these seniors. These guys have gotten beat and sometimes soundly for the better part of three years. I think to watch them clinch the division in their last game at Folsom was pretty cool.

The final 2 mins of 20-10 CU v Neb 1986. That student section was on fire and rushing the field as time elapsed meant something. Hadn't beaten the Fuskers in 18 years.

62-36 for sure. Lightning game against CSU in 2003 was a ball. I know it's not a CU classic, but I'll never forget watching that game with my brother from just underneath the overhang in the lower section.

I'm a student at CU and the Buffs have been bad for most what I can remember. I was lucky enough to be at the Oklahoma game in 07 and the West Virginia game in 08 but my favorite memory has to be the Oregon game this year. I was visiting 3 of my best friends from high school that go there and have had to put up with them rubbing football in my face for the past 3 years. I got so nervous when Oregon made their run that I left our seats to go watch the game at the other side of the stadium. Saw the Bobo catch while walking to the other side and then the Witherspoon pick happened right in front of the seats I moved to. Got a lot of trashed talked to me when I was on my way to find my friends again but had a smile on my face the whole time. I hope that memory becomes my 2nd favorite though because I'm flying out to San Fran tomorrow and I get to see the game with a couple buddies on Friday.

I'm a newbie and don't have a deep well of memories like most of you, but the best memory would be Bobo's twisting, one-handed grab in the end zone for the winning points against Oregon (which happened to be the #1 play on ESPN Top 10 that day). Without that play, Witherspoon's interception doesn't happen. MM's reaction to the overturned call is priceless.

HCMM's reaction to that was also classic.

I'm a student at CU and the Buffs have been bad for most what I can remember. I was lucky enough to be at the Oklahoma game in 07 and the West Virginia game in 08 but my favorite memory has to be the Oregon game this year. I was visiting 3 of my best friends from high school that go there and have had to put up with them rubbing football in my face for the past 3 years. I got so nervous when Oregon made their run that I left our seats to go watch the game at the other side of the stadium. Saw the Bobo catch while walking to the other side and then the Witherspoon pick happened right in front of the seats I moved to. Got a lot of trashed talked to me when I was on my way to find my friends again but had a smile on my face the whole time. I hope that memory becomes my 2nd favorite though because I'm flying out to San Fran tomorrow and I get to see the game with a couple buddies on Friday.
Like these?
witherspoon.jpg

#1 for me was winning the national championship. My dad was screaming and hollering "it was a clip!" at the watch party during that Rocket Ismail punt return. Beating ND in that rematch was so pure.

#2a for me was The Catch in the Big House. I was in HS and in my car driving home from a watch party. There were tons of people honking their horns on the street immediately after the call.

#2b me was 62-36. I returned to Boulder as a young professional to see that game. Wonderful experience. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Back