1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel good article on Tony Jones

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Just published on Rivals as free content.

Great stuff on what things are like in TJ's home town of Patterson, NJ, and how he has risen above those challenges to be a college graduate and leader who will be an important contributor this season.

I love reading stuff like this.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1672566

In April, Jones was one of two recipients of CU's Clancy A. Herbst Jr. student-athlete achievement award, presented to those athletes who overcome personal, academic or emotional challenges to succeed both academically and athletically.

"It meant a lot for Colorado to give me that award. I feel honored, just thinking about a lot of stuff from freshman year, coming to a new place and figuring things out here," Jones said. "I got good grades, saw the teachers in their office hours. Coach 'Mac' always tells us to let them know that you are interested; sit in the front, raise your hand and just let them know that you are all-in."

2. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I really hope MikeMac turns us into a winner. I love that he is telling these kids to get involved in the classroom. It seems Bohn may have stumbled on someone very special (kind of seems like the opposite of Butch).

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's this kind of stuff that makes me a college sports fan over a pro sports fan. Most of the guys and gals we cheer for will never make a living playing sports (or it will be a very small percentage of their work career years). Hearing about TJ wanting to take what he has earned and learned while at CU to go back to his community, mentor young people and elevate their lives is a lot of what this is about.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Tony Jones has really been an outstanding example of a team player. I wish him nothing but the best in continued on and off the field success.

5. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Add one more line to his resume - survived the trauma of 2 failed staffs.

Kudos to TJ and best of luck in all his future endeavors.

6. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I thought TJ was an Embree recruit?

7. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

He redshirted in 2010 and is notable for being part of a class that was full of running backs yet almost everyone else left the program immediately. He's a survivor.

8. Buffstape

Buffstape New Member

Much respect for TJ, one of my favorite Buffs. Someone you really root for!

FlatironsBuff likes this.