1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filling out the 2010 Class

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buff_since76, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

There are 22 scholarships available for CU to reach the 85 max. Assuming all 18 current commits stay committed, that means we have the ability to sign up to 4 more players next Wednesday. I believe 3 guys that we’re hoping to get (and have a good shot at) are:

Joe Hemschoot - LB – 6’ 1” 210 lbs
    Dave Clark – Juco - CB – 6’ 2” 190 lbs
    Harold Mobley – Ath – 6’ 4” 225 lbs
    If we add these three guys’ I would say we have a successful class. Basically every guy coming in will be rated a 3 star prospect (by either Scout, Rivals or ESPN). It would be nice to add a DT, but I think we will have 5 good players to compete for time at DT next year. Plus, if any of the new guys end up like Hypolite or Pericak, we may add an athlete tackle to the mix down the road.
    Overall I think the recruiting ranking system is somewhat of a crap shoot. Each player plays in a different system, against different competition, which have different schemes. As long as we get guys to work hard and develop then everything will be alright.
    Out of curiosity what would Rashaan Salams star power have been when he came to CU. I remember he played 8 man football so I doubt anyone would have given him more than 3 stars.

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I get the feeling CU is standing pat here outside maybe 1 more recruit. No visits and not a lot of news. Maybe 3-4 more guys are on board and we don't know it. Just too quiet for having 4 spots open. Might be holding 1-2 back for walkons such as Q, Sipolo (our long snapper maybe?), 1 for Babb, or such....

My guess is we have 3 guys in the boat or very likely in the boat and we will find out next week.

3. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Joe Hemschoot to Stanford.

4. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

Any chance Jones and Spond are super secret silent commits? I really believe these guys want to be Buffs. I wish Mr. wasn't going to a conference school. In a year when he decides to transfer, we will likely be out of the mix since he will have to sit two. Spond just needs to follow his heart and pull the trigger.

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Anybody wondering that the late interset in Torres (RB from Cali) might be motivated by a late (suspected) decommit?