What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

We are the only team in the country projected to lose all of the games remaining on our schedule.

The. Only. Team. In. The. Country.

This is beyond “peeking head into rooms”, or a RG vote of confidence. When these stats come out, your AD needs to schedule press opportunities to get out there and say it’s unacceptable and lay out your standards as a program.
It appears there are no standards anymore. Is there another P5 AD in the country who wouldn’t be making public statements if his football program had looked the way the Buffs have over the last 13 games (15 games of we’re being honest)? Has RG been at any of the public events? Has he made any kind of statement in recent weeks/months about the program? His latest Tweets are from 3 days ago congratulating W Soccer, WVB and WXC. Not a single mention of the football program since before the game last week.

I feel like 1 game into the season is a little early to make those proclamations. Let the season play out a little bit ( I do already know how it will).
I don’t think it’s early at all. This fan base has been on pins and needles all off-season waiting/hoping that last season was an aberration and the changes made to the offensive staff would produce a more competitive team. Getting absolutely embarrassed at home, on national TV, where the fans were booing and gone by the start of the 4th quarter is not an “it’s still early” mindset. This is just an extension of last year, and there aren’t any Buff fans living in reality who believe this year can be salvaged

I don’t think it’s early at all. This fan base has been on pins and needles all off-season waiting/hoping that last season was an aberration and the changes made to the offensive staff would produce a more competitive team. Getting absolutely embarrassed at home, on national TV, where the fans were booing and gone by the start of the 4th quarter is not an “it’s still early” mindset. This is just an extension of last year, and there aren’t any Buff fans living in reality who believe this year can be salvaged
I dunno, maybe it is because I was already off the wagon so I'm not suffering from whiplash, but assuming we get a change at QB, the season could be "salvaged" with 4 wins or so. That's just a possibility however. Most likely outcome is pure doom because Karl's a nincompoop.

I dunno, maybe it is because I was already off the wagon so I'm not suffering from whiplash, but assuming we get a change at QB, the season could be "salvaged" with 4 wins or so. That's just a possibility however. Most likely outcome is pure doom because Karl's a nincompoop.
I guess you’re right. If Shrout gets the nod and is consistently good, it can be salvaged. I guess the proclamations can wait until after Saturday

Let's also remember it did not take long last season to figure out there were major issues. The 1-2 start with a dreadful performance against Minnesota foretold a lost season.

Maybe the Buffs shock everyone with a bounce back this week, but if this team is sitting at 0-3 (as expected) a couple weeks from now, we all know the season is done.

Let's also remember it did not take long last season to figure out there were major issues. The 1-2 start with a dreadful performance against Minnesota foretold a lost season.

Maybe the Buffs shock everyone with a bounce back this week, but if this team is sitting at 0-3 (as expected) a couple weeks from now, we all know the season is done.
I dunno, the press conferences of Karl talking about youth and cracking jokes about how unpopular he is with the fanbase are going to be pretty rewarding.

I mean I guess. But why would he want to?. And it wont matter: Ill just point out that if there are things that you havent been working on all year working on them for two weeks isnt gonna make a difference. One of those things is recruiting, something Gary also struggled with. We dont have the Jimmys and the Joes so we cant do the Xs and the Os. We wont have them in the future either as theyll now concentrate in the SEC and B1G money world
Agree with your statement, but Gary knew how to get the most out of the talent he did have. You dont win 2 Big Ten championships at Northwestern, not knowing how to coach up guys.

I do think a portion of the season can be salvaged with a QB change. However, it seems to me Karl is a guy who won't admit a fault or take any blame for a fault (QB position nightmare). No one has an illusion that Shrout is the savior but I do think he does give the team a chance for a win or two. This team is bad, but not that bad. Its just lead by a complete imbecile who has no redeeming qualities.

The biggest question is when Karl finally makes that QB change, because if its after the Minnesota game when CU is 0-3, then he will have lost the team completely and nothing else will matter

Before the season, I said all it would take was watching the 1st half of the TCU game, to figure out how committed I will be to football this year. In reality, it took to the 3rd quarter, because I went and paid for the tickets. I am done. I might listen to the AFA game, but I will be hunting so I wont really care. I will check box scores as the season goes on, but I will NOT waste 3-4 hours of my life on Saturdays watching this crap we put onto the field. They can bring me back if I start seeing improvement but I will not hold my breath.

That’s not a great argument for GB.
it would be a trainweck. i like gb a lot-- with the brief tucker era noted, gb is the last legit good p5 head coach we had. but, this isn't CU of then. no one is going to take over as interim and succeed right now. but, this id all academic in any case because kd will get the full year 0-12 or some other record. unless we have more cameraman shenanigans....

We are the only team in the country projected to lose all of the games remaining on our schedule.

This is beyond “peeking head into rooms”, or a RG vote of confidence. When these stats come out, your AD needs to schedule press opportunities to get out there and say it’s unacceptable and lay out your standards as a program.
RG did lay out his goals. His goals have been met with an utter and complete failure to accomplish anything that even looks like those goals. Why does this guy still have a job?

Check out strategic goal on p.7 wherein Focal Point 1.1.1 Win at least 1 Pac-12 Championship in Football between 2020 and 2022 {LC} is stated. Check it out below.

CU finished 2d in the south in the COVID shortened 2020 season, "Improved" to 5th in 2021, and are off to a rollicking start to 2022 with a beat down by a middling B12 team (Athlon's pre-season picked them #8 in the B12) at home.

The standard has been set by RG. Not even close.

Reddit Post

Our buffs are second to last in projected record according to ESPN power index. Not to fret though - we know KD pays no attention to anything analytics related. Absolutely embarrassing the teams we are listed with.

For sure.
The pride and tradition, or what little is left of it, was actually entrusted to the timid and the weak . . . HCKD.
He has to go.

Listened to the Jay Norvell radio show last night. Damn, wish we had that guy. There’s a guy kids are going to want to play for. We’re going to start losing instate recruiting battles for those tier 2 players real soon.
I agree. That was a great hire

as much as I enjoy the Buffs winning, do we actually even want to win at Air Force? If 3-4 wins means another year of this coaching staff, do we have to hope for a zero win season?? I agree with the comment about the AD coming out and speaking out. As an alum and fan, I don’t feel they listen to us and the only way they will hear the fans is if we have the worst record in college football.

Back