What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Lewis sucking this year is directly due to Lewis seeing no PT last year besides one half. They should have given him snaps last year
Certainly a big part of it.

Also doesn't help a young QB to ask him to know where his receivers are going to be when the receivers don't know where they are supposed to be.

We have an OC who is supposed to be a WR coach. We have a HC who has spent a good part of his career as an NFL WR coach. Somehow they can't even get our WRs to run to the right place on most plays.

Some people have asked why we don't use more motion on offense. Half the time we can't get guys lined up correctly without motion.

This is looking more and more like the Embree days, minus the profanity and without the recruiting effort.

Lewis sucking this year is directly due to Lewis seeing no PT last year besides one half. They should have given him snaps last year
Doesn’t matter. In Dorrell’s year as OC for Vanderbilt, he tried four QBs. The coach is the problem.

You cannot read the below link from Vanderbilt and not see present day CU.

So Rick George had a conversation with Channel 4s General Manager apologizing to him for Dorrell's actions against the cameraman. Why isn't Karl doing this? How embarrassing. Maybe this is the start of HCKD foot getting closer out the door. Ending up 1-11 won't help either.

Certainly a big part of it.

Also doesn't help a young QB to ask him to know where his receivers are going to be when the receivers don't know where they are supposed to be.

We have an OC who is supposed to be a WR coach. We have a HC who has spent a good part of his career as an NFL WR coach. Somehow they can't even get our WRs to run to the right place on most plays.

Some people have asked why we don't use more motion on offense. Half the time we can't get guys lined up correctly without motion.

This is looking more and more like the Embree days, minus the profanity and without the recruiting effort.
I don't remember very many instances where we haven't been lined up correctly, honestly. The rout combinations do look to be awful with multiple WRs ending up in the same spot on the field often however.

I have posted before and still contend that KD is a a good man. I'm not going to move to personal attacks on him.

What I will say though is that he is looking more and more like what we have seen from a number of prior coaches here.

He looks a lot like a guy who knows that his team is slipping away from him and he has no answer to getting it back. He is losing the players, knows that opposing coaches have him figured out, and knows that nothing is coming on the horizon that is going to help him get it back.

He also knows that with this job goes any hope that he has of ever being a head coach again. He isn't even going to be in demand as somebodies right hand man. If his coaching career continues it will be doing what he was before he got this job, as a position coach.

He is a guy who doesn't show emotion but the frustration is coming out in his demeaner and in his media contact.

He knows it's over, it's now just when it becomes official.
I have zero sympathy for someone who gets paid millions of dollars to coach football. Zero. The State of Colorado’s highest paid employee.
And he will still be here a year from now.

I don't remember very many instances where we haven't been lined up correctly, honestly. The rout combinations do look to be awful with multiple WRs ending up in the same spot on the field often however.
They haven't had many illegal formations but they are very often pointing and moving trying to get guys lined up. Lots of looks of confusion.

As you point out more looks of confusion after the play is run. Guys running into the same space, two guys going for the same thrown ball, guys running away from the blocking scheme on running plays.

Far to many of the same kind of mistakes you would expect to see from a freshman high school team.

Many of you are far smarter than I am when it comes to Xs and Os. But what KD did today was assault. Does the legal term “assault” make it sound worse than it was? Yes. But would I instantly terminate any of my directs for that? Yes.

There really is no way to term this than Embree v2. I don’t see how KD survives this season.

I have zero sympathy for someone who gets paid millions of dollars to coach football. Zero. The State of Colorado’s highest paid employee.
And he will still be here a year from now.
Didn't say I had any sympathy for him. He knew what he was getting into and is going to be very well paid for it.

No need to attack him personally though. His performance alone is more than enough to conclude that he was the bad hire that many here though he was when he was hired.

My point is not that we should feel sorry for him, that wouldn't do any good anyways.

Just pointing out that to me he looks like a guy who knows that he is failing badly at the job he was hired to do, a job he wanted badly, and that there is nothing he can do that is going to turn that around.

He may try to tell himself that changing some coaches and doing some things differently will change it but inside it looks like he knows that he is done. Now is just a question of how long it drags out before it becomes official.

[IMG alt="Bread"]https://www.allbuffs.com/data/avatars/m/21/21398.jpg?1569527843[/IMG]

Bread

Q U A T T R O - Tini?​

Club Member

cu62nu36 said:

Holeee Shiite
We don't win another game this season.
OL is a disaster rivaling Biden's Afghan pullout.
That scared little bunny at QB will only get worse as the sacks and hits pile up. We will see walkon Jordan Woolverton at QB this season.
Criminally negligent of Dorrell to have let Noyer leave when this kid was the alternative. Lewis just flat out cannot throw nor can he make even simple reads. Pocket presence non-existent.

Will Dorrell be fired after a 1 - 11 season?
I was very negative about the team performance last night, just as much as the next person that was realistic about what we saw last night. But this is one of the most comically bad posts I’ve ever seen on this board, so congrats on that I guess?

How much would you like to post that CU doesn’t win another game? I’m happy to take that bet.

Many of you are far smarter than I am when it comes to Xs and Os. But what KD did today was assault. Does the legal term “assault” make it sound worse than it was? Yes. But would I instantly terminate any of my directs for that? Yes.

There really is no way to term this than Embree v2. I don’t see how KD survives this season.
What he did was the equivalent of swatting someone's arm when they were stretching; you were walking behind them, and basically tapped their arm so you didn't get hit in the face.

You'd make a better case he assaulted every cu loving, self hating insane fan who was forced to watch that torturous **** show. My mindset is 1a get rid of chev, 1b get rid of Kd, but that was barnett 'and she's a girl'. A whole lot of nothing.

Last edited:
Serius question. How the hell did he go from coach of the year to this so quickly?
I just don't get it

Serius question. How the hell did he go from coach of the year to this so quickly?
I just don't get it
I think last year was more about what the competition was going through vis a vis COVID, opt outs etc versus HCKD coaching acumen. Dorrell and his staff did a good job of managing that chaos somewhat better than the rest. Almost none of it had to do with Xs and Os.

Keep grinding. Got to change the OC, and look at the transfer portal to add several new additions. Could use two tackles and two guards. B Lewis will learn from his experience and get better with the help of a competent OC.

Keep grinding. Got to change the OC, and look at the transfer portal to add several new additions. Could use two tackles and two guards. B Lewis will learn from his experience and get better with the help of a competent OC.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

B Lewis is broken. His best move would be to transfer and attempt a fresh start elsewhere. Replacing Chev at this point would be window dressing - they have to go much deeper with coaching changes. Who exactly is going to transfer here, into this dumpster fire? Someone like Fenske? Exactly.

You forgot C. We need one of those too next year.

I'll bite, who are you eyeing in the portal? Or are we going back to they are names on paper and equal depth.

Back