What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

True, but imagine the actual CU fan excitement, season tickets sales, donations, etc if they showed they actually care, fire Dorrell, and hire someone (relatively) exciting as HC. There’s a major opportunity for the 2023 season with Nebraska and CSU coming to Folsom, but not if they keep Dorrell.
I WILL buy a ticket to the ASU game if Dorrell is fired anytime before that day. If not my ass stays away from Boulder.

What did RG wake up thinking this morning?
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Sad Nico Tortorella GIF by TV Land

I think that many people say they’re going to not renew and end up renewing anyway. They enjoy the tailgates and seeing Ralphie run. I also think yesterday is an example of what ends up happening: people just adapt to losing and still want to enjoy a sunny day in Boulder. The AD just finds another set of suckers (or road team fans) to buy tickets. The level of interest shown on this page doesn’t match what’s going on with the stadium. Until people actually stop going, nothing will happen.
People like getting buzzed and going to the stadium, if even for a half or 3 quarters. It's something to do. Not unlike going to a Rockies game for Denver locals.

One of the reasons we are where we are.

I saw a guy at the store who commented on the CU shirt I'm wearing.

Guy: "Buffs had a rough day yesterday."
Me: "It's been a rough 20 years."
Guy: "I don't know, we were in the top 25 a couple of years ago."
Me: "That was six years ago."
Guy: "No kidding?"

CU = Temple or Akron right now.

Technically I think we were ranked going into the Utah game in 2020. Didn’t last long.

Good Lord. I really thought KD would be dismissed today.

Is Rick George even watching the games?

As much as we don't want to believe this to be the truth, it could be that RG has been burning up the phone lines to get the money to do it and can't find enough.

List updated from last week. Coach Cardboard was 4th last week.
I would trade him for Shaw right now in an instant.

Shaw has had a rough time recently but he has also shown he knows how to run a winning program. Dorrell at his best was less than mediocre and he isn't at his best right now.

How many coaches does one AD get to hire? Cherry Creek HS would give CU a competitive game and might be the best team in the state not named Air Force.

I would trade him for Shaw right now in an instant.

Shaw has had a rough time recently but he has also shown he knows how to run a winning program. Dorrell at his best was less than mediocre and he isn't at his best right now.
Shaw had a few good years with Harbough's recruits. He has been a below .500 coach and near the basement of the PAC ever since. He is a sup par recruiter (at a school that can recruit itself by name and academics) and is in the bottom 10% as an x's and o's coach. If Dorrell goes winless, Shaw might get one win with the same players - maybe. He does not solve CU's problem in any way.

I didn't attribute any success by Shaw, other than a few first years with players mostly recruited by Harbough. The point being, Shaw is not a quality coach and should absolutely not be considered for an open HC position at CU. A coordinator role maybe

Colorado: Has been one of the worst programs in the nation for a decade plus and is going for a winless season

David Shaw: Has won 3 P12 titles, two Rose Bowls and is a 4-time P12 COTY

CU fans: Shaw should only be considered as a coordinator. Maybe.

Colorado: Has been one of the worst programs in the nation for a decade plus and is going for a winless season

I’d like to see us not hire a coach who has just been fired or is currently on the hot seat somewhere else.

Dorrell was a Pac COTY too... based on that, we should keep him?

I didn't attribute any success by Shaw, other than a few first years with players mostly recruited by Harbough. The point being, Shaw is not a quality coach and should absolutely not be considered for an open HC position at CU. A coordinator role maybe

His best team was in 2015, five seasons after Harbaugh left.

Back