What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

I only meant for this year. But if tortured and forced to choose between Dorrell and Sanford for next year, I would choose Sanford hands down. Just so I could like him for a couple of weeks before hating him.
**** that. If we’re gonna do something like that, I want KD back next year and I want RG to have to watch replays of every game 24/7 with his eyes pried open Clockwork Orange style.

**** that. If we’re gonna do something like that, I want KD back next year and I want RG to have to watch replays of every game 24/7 with his eyes pried open Clockwork Orange style.
Thought I would help with a visual for those who don’t get the reference.

AccurateJubilantBarnswallow-size_restricted.gif

This is an interesting twist.

Maybe make Sanford the interim coach. He has the experience. Staub is off to a fantastic start at West Ranch. 26 TDs, 0 INTs, and he's sat most 2nd halves. Maybe also make Sanford a mole to dig up dirt on KD.

Funny how just by liking that one tweet, Sanford went from F*ckoffsville to Second Chance, USA.
Sanford has his own track record of being dreadful. This feels like a good ole Deb Birxing of his image.

I'd take Pat Fitzgerald in a heartbeat
I probably would too but if I had options, I’d prefer someone not immediately coming off being fired at another job, particularly someone like Fitzgerald who has been at NW for 20 years and became a HC so young. He could maybe do with a year away from being a HC. I feel the same about Shaw.

PPG under Dorrell

2020 - 28.5
2021 - 18.75 (about a 35% decrease from 2020)
2022 - 11.75 (about a 37% decrease from 2021)

Those trends are consistent. And based on those trends, the 2023 Buffs score about 7.1 points per game if Dorrell is the coach. :ROFLMAO:
AD is broke man, no possible way he can be fired

I probably would too but if I had options, I’d prefer someone not immediately coming off being fired at another job, particularly someone like Fitzgerald who has been at NW for 20 years and became a HC so young. He could maybe do with a year away from being a HC. I feel the same about Shaw.
I'd rather have Tom Herman over him. Herman's probably my dream candidate. That's a good fit for so many reasons-I think he'd get the CU community as a hole a lot more invested because of who he is. Very forward thinker. Look at some of the things he said about George Floyd's murder. He'd play really well in a place like Boulder.

Still calling Fitzgerald.

Has anyone ever booked one of those Cessnas with the banner behind it before?

If we could get consensus around 3-5 realistic HC options, we should rent one out of Boulder airport the day Karl is fired.

I can’t imagine it’d cost more than $1-2k…. They could try to ignore it, but national media would pick it up and run with it for novelty sake so they’d be forced to at least hear the names

Next step is billboards and bus ads between ricks house and the champion center

not Fitzgerald, please.

when this happens, maybe bronco mendenhall, or jeff grimes, or sherrone moore.

herman and sark and anyone else in that strata are going to be out of our risk/reward range.

kd is going to get popped. it is just a matter of when now. no g5 wonder boys. no old guys. no outlaws (although i generally think that is our best course at this horrible point), no recent flameouts, and no drama or rock stars.

get us back to stable. like mm kinda did, but hopefully we recruit at a higher base level than mm's cap. then, once we have a functioning program and org again, swing big if said new coach isn't able to get to the next level. mm won 10 ****ing games and had us in the champ game and could not capitalize. he put guys into the nfl (that he developed) that are good. but, that was peak mm.

i'd rather have a strong consistent foundation of making bowl games every year and then using that as a launch pad to try to get back to where we were, than throw 50mm or whatever at tom herman. plus, CU simply won't do that.

PPG under Dorrell

2020 - 28.5

Those trends are consistent. And based on those trends, the 2023 Buffs score about 7.1 points per game if Dorrell is the coach. :ROFLMAO:
I could be the next AD of Colorado let him coach all of next season too.

PPG under Dorrell

2020 - 28.5

Too bad that QB from 2020 didn't stick around...

I remember the Sanford hire being hammered by Allbuffs. One of the quickest agreements on this site ever.
Faster than the agreement on how bad the mystery head coach candidate was once revealed you think?

I am trying to remember if there was 1 positive post about KD during that time. Too lazy to actually look it up…

not Fitzgerald, please.

when this happens, maybe bronco mendenhall, or jeff grimes, or sherrone moore.

herman and sark and anyone else in that strata are going to be out of our risk/reward range.

kd is going to get popped. it is just a matter of when now. no g5 wonder boys. no old guys. no outlaws (although i generally think that is our best course at this horrible point), no recent flameouts, and no drama or rock stars.

get us back to stable. like mm kinda did, but hopefully we recruit at a higher base level than mm's cap. then, once we have a functioning program and org again, swing big if said new coach isn't able to get to the next level. mm won 10 ****ing games and had us in the champ game and could not capitalize. he put guys into the nfl (that he developed) that are good. but, that was peak mm.

i'd rather have a strong consistent foundation of making bowl games every year and then using that as a launch pad to try to get back to where we were, than throw 50mm or whatever at tom herman. plus, CU simply won't do that.

Just give me someone who will recruit his dick off for 7 days a week. Or at least someone who will hire guys that will. Nothing changes until we have a roster that's better than a FCS playoff team.

Deion Smith is not having any health issues !!! A mom would know that.

This was a response to Adam M and Howell on Twitter from Pamela Roberson who I assume is Smith's mom.

Want to bet he's headed to the portal soon?
Smith has been our most effective RB and put up the best stats on Saturday despite his "injury". If I was him and I was good to go, I'd have been pissed and be very slow to forgive the coaches for starting a freshman walk-on over me. We've had a thousand problems and Smith's play hasn't been one of them.

Smith has been our most effective RB and put up the best stats on Saturday despite his "injury". If I was him and I was good to go, I'd have been pissed and be very slow to forgive the coaches for starting a freshman walk-on over me. We've had a thousand problems and Smith's play hasn't been one of them.
I was looking forward to him getting some run. Instead Karl is running him out of town despite a razor thin depth chart. Buffoon.

He used to be a great recruiter and an adequate coach. He has become a mediocre recruiter and a bad coach.
Management matters: he's responding to what his boss wants and values.

Get another boss in there that demands excellence in recruiting and coaching and I'd bet heavily on him delivering.

This is 10000% Karl setting the stage for a youth excuse at the end of the season. Again.

*clears throat*

I’m already getting ready for the end of year press conference where RG says “yeah, we went 0-12 but we were one of the youngest teams in the nation. I was really pleased with Owen’s progress through the season and having the QB position locked in, with an entire offseason to build continuity after a few years of turbulence will really make a difference. And check out these sweet Nike’s I stole from the 8 year old outside!”

Management matters: he's responding to what his boss wants and values.

Get another boss in there that demands excellence in recruiting and coaching and I'd bet heavily on him delivering.
It's not so much his recruiting that I'm down on, but rather how he manages his position group. Routinely finding ways to put less talented players on the field because the more talented options either have an attitude problem or can't pass block as well (or something like that). Managing personalities is part of the job as is teaching how to pass block. It almost feels like he is always out to prove a point and starting Charlie Offerdahl last week only strengthens my belief in that.

Back