1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Marshall now, Give Embree and EB until end of the year?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 9, 2012.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I think if Embree wants to keep his job longer term he is going to have to grow some nads and not be hyper loyal. If anyone should fall on his sword, or be pushed onto it, it should be Marshall.

We supposedly had a strong OL and they were supposed to be the driving force to our success this year. They have given up sacks left and right and not opened many holes and turned Webb into a human punching bag.

I say Embree fires Marshall NOW, like Monday (don't care who he replaces him with at this point) and Embree buys time to see if he can turn the ship around by end of season. If not, let's look at some of the candidates being discussed in the other thread.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Said this in another thread, take Brookhart with him.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Really not sure what good it does to fire him right now.

4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Do you think recruiting could be saved by getting rid of these 2 midseason? They don't seem to be pulling their weight anyway (our OL recruiting stinks!).

5. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

First of all it shows that Embree is willing to make meaningful changes as a sign that he will do whatever it takes (within reason) to win. It also sends a warning shot to the other coaches that they better improve or they're next.

Finally, he must suck because he can't get jack **** out of his squad and we need a better OL coach, period.

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Ya lets hire Brad Bedell instead:rolling_eyes:

7. Duff Man

Completely impractical from a gameplanning/day-to-day coaching standpoint though. You are not going to be able to hire anyone worthwhile as a replacement right now (good ones have a job).

I have been on board with firing certain coaches before (namely Hawkins and Riddle) during the season, but you at least have options to fall back on there. There are no options here if you fire Marshall right now.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Agreed. Embree needs to do whatever he can to win a couple games this year if he wants a third year. Firing his OL coach and replacing him with.. ? isn't going to help much. But who knows!

9. MtnBuff

Sure doesn't help us to keep him.

We have had maybe the best two years of HS OL prospects in Colorado history and he went O-fer in recruiting. I know that they do territories but kids pay attention to who their position coaches will be and Marshall has closed the deal on exactly zero. Keeping him for recruiting purposes is thus out the window.

His position group was supposed to be the strenght of the team. He has a draft prospect in Bak, Handler got mentioned for post-season honors as did Munyer in a couple of places. What we have gotten is a heartless, clueless, joke of a performance against the two weakest defenses we will face all year talentwise. Don't lose much in terms of his position coaching either.

Firing him might just send a message that accountablility means something and that it is time for everyone to step it up.

Would it or could it make us any worse?

10. White_Rabbit

Who are we going to replace him with? Brad Bedell? The guy that has spent the last year+ learning from Marshall? :lol:

I guess I just don't really care. I don't think we'd get better, but you're right, we probably won't get any worse either.

11. MtnBuff

Maybe Bedell has not been able to inspire guys because of Marshalls approach. Remember that Marshall did the same pathetic job at Cal. He had a completely underwhelming OL despite having a number of players who were at least decent level recruits to work with and a few who had the talent to end up in NFL camps. Nobody at Cal was sad to see him leave for Boulder.

I just don't see how it's going to get worse. Getting beat up on the LOS by CSU and Sac State is about as bad as you can get.

12. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Does firing Marshall now have immediate negative results? Is it possible for worse O line play? There are others available who may not be "good" but can they really be worse?

13. buffalocu81

buffalocu81 New Member

Brad Bedell is currently the OL coach for the New Mexico State Aggies. First year there. Not sure he would be availalble this year but prehaps next year.

14. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Nmsu ol > cu ol

15. White_Rabbit

Oh, damn. I thought he was a graduate assistant still.

Disregard everything I said in this threat btw, we need to fire Marshall tomorrow and hire the Wisconsin OL coach that just got fired. I don't even know where he came from and he probably sucks, which is a huge improvement over Marshall.

16. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Seriously. The fired ol coach from Wiskey has to be worlds better than what we have.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

17. MtnBuff

True but I don't want him either.

Embree has NFL connections. There has to be some guy who got cut this year who lacked talent but hung around the league for a few years being more motivated and more knowledgable that the more talented guys who would like a shot at coaching.

Bring the guy in to finish out the year. If he does well keep him, if he doesn't you still haven't lost anything compared to the failure that is Marshall.

18. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Grad assistant lineman that can recruit?

19. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Not a bad idea

20. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

I think Huckins and Graham could be pretty good... Also, I noticed this weekend that most of the dominant o-lines have guys between 6'0 and 6'4. Marshall seems to like going after really tall guys, could that be a flawed way of recruiting? As an o-lineman don't you need to get below your opposition and leverage your lower center of gravity?

21. Duff Man

Paul Wulff.

22. MtnBuff

This Paul Wulff

If you are talking about him as an assistant, great idea. If you are talking about a HC job, no thanks.

23. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

NMSU pounded Sac. St....just sayin'.

24. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

Stan Brock is available... Brad Bedell is a good option btw. When he was a GA under Grimes players liked and respected him.

25. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

How about not a buff?