1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firing Assistant Coaches

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffellow85, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

One of my closest friends got canned from his job yesterday. We have worked together for close to 20 years.
    Suppose Cabral earns the HC and is hired by Bohn. How close (together ) are the assistants to one another.

Cabral is stuck with Keesaw for another year, but does anyone see Brian keeping any of the current assistants on his staff, or does he flush the toilet and start from scratch.

2. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

Where are we getting this idea that we are "stuck with Keisau"?? Having a contract doesn't mean that he can't be fired. Hawkins had a contract too.....

3. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

If Cabral earns the HC job, then I can't imagine he won't clean house (with maybe some exceptions) and get his own assistants in here. You don't just go from linebackers coach to HC and expect every assistant that was there to respect and listen to you. You need to put your own stamp on the program and get people in with your schematic and other beliefs.

I also do not think anyone is stuck with Kiesau. He will be let go if that is what the new HC prefers.

4. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I wouldn't even consider hiring Cabral if he planned to retain the current staff.

5. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

That is exactly correct.

I think more likely he would be asked to be the QB coach and recruiting coordinator.

If Cabral got the job, he'd fill two spots, HC and ILB coach. That instantly creates another staff position. This would alllow him to keep Kiesau and bring in another offensive guy, just for example.

6. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

FWIW, Cabral's main advantage here is that he's not one of the Boise gang that was brought over. Therefore the clique (Riddle, Collins, Bandison and Pitman) is gone wholesale.

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

We're getting it from this http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_16574328
    ...hopefully this won't be the case