1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Rankings - Week 4 (Sept. 21)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

2. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

The only thing about the polls that surprises me is Oregon. They're #26 in one poll and in the top #25 in the other. This is a team that lost to Boise St and was on the ropes against Purdue.

If you'd have told me at the start of the season we'd be 3-0 and poised to crack the top 25 I would have been very happy, so I feel content. We start the season 8-0 (low, low probability) and we'll be top 5.

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

If we start the season 8-0, Big 12 and national championship talk will surface, because we will have beaten WVU, FSU,Texas, Kansas and Mizzou. But I'll be like George Hypolite and say we are still in the national title picture, but one game at a time. Next goal, 4-0.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Found this on ESPN.com's conference blogs.

5. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

I guess they dont take strength of schedule into mind when they make the rankings. ****braska is getting more votes than us in 1 pole and they havent played anyone. I hope they get the **** kicked out of them next week vs Va Tech (might not actually happen) but they havent played anyone right now.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The game's in stincoln lincoln

7. Unleash Hell

Nebraska hasn't had a home field advantage in years. In fact I think most teams would rather play the fuskers in Lincoln rather their home town.

8. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

What I don't get is how teams like East Carolina and Fresno State are ahead of Okie State, CU, NU, and UConn. I mean they aren't BCS teams--they have lost, and have played like **** against weak competition, Tulane and Toledo, respectively. For example, nobody that ECU has beaten is ranked, they squeak by Tulane and lose to NC State, but they are #23--yeah right.

9. Unleash Hell

Or Vanderbilt, how the **** did they get ranked?:huh:

10. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

We haven't really played anyone either yet... Barely beat EWU, beat CSU, and beat a struggling WVU in OT...we shouldn't be ranked.

11. Unleash Hell

WVU is better than people are giving them credit for. I watched the game again and they gave us their best shot. They were fired up the whole game and they are loaded with talent. If we beat FSU we deserve to be ranked over about 4 or 5 teams that are currently ranked.

12. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

But his point is valid. The Buffs beat a pretty bad CSU team, barely got past EWU and made a very close game against a team with a losing record. Keep winning and the rankings will get sorted out. Do you really care if we get to chant "we're number 24" or "we're number 29"?

13. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

First thoughts ....

While it would be good to be in the poll, so we can stop reading about "not ranked since November, 2005", not being ranked may prove to be inspirational to the Buffs for Saturday. Nothing inspires like being "almost" ....

With Oklahoma State and Nebraska (sic) also in the "Top 30", the Big 12 could be a week away from having eight teams in the Top 25. Only consolation if NU beats an average Virginia Tech team on Saturday is that, as a ranked team the following week, they will get their hats handed to them by Missouri.

Go Buffs!

14. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

ECU embarrassed WVU a team we barely beat, how can you call them out relative to us?

15. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

You know what? It doesnt matter. You can't make the assumption that if you a team who beat another team, you should automatically beat that third. We beat OU, was beat Mizzou, who beat us. Every game is different and every team matches up differently with each team. We can only hope that based on previous performance the Buffs will be able to perform even better next time around.

Even in top years, like 1989, 1990, 1994-96 and 2001, the Buffs would do great one week, and barely win the next week.

I hope we have an overall well rounded team that can match up well with f$u, but there are so many intangibles that it simply needs to come together better than it does for the Semenholes.

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Four advantages of getting into the top 25 (whether we deserve to be there or not) that I see:

1)Recruiting
    2)TV Coverage
    3)National Attention
    4)Local Relevance

So, let's beat the **** out of the dickholes next week and get in there.

17. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

If WVU uses the same gameplan against ECU that they used against does ECU still 'embarrass' them? I think of the polls as a snapshot at the best 25 teams in the nation at this moment. Do you honestly think either ECU or Fresno State are two of the 25 best teams in the nation. I don't.

18. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! And it's not over now!! Who's with me, crush the Semenholes!! Aaaahhhhhhh! :gun:

19. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

I guess if WVU would have beaten ECU they would have beaten ECU.