What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Found for 1 single ticket for USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it. I’m not being greedy. Im not begrudging anyone selling their tickets for $600. There were people selling tickets for $220 last week and there were $300 tickets on the resell sites. I still wasn’t sure I was going to come last week bc I was waiting on a friend to decide if he was coming with me. In which case I needed 2 tickets, not one. One is generally cheaper bc most people don’t come alone, so it’s harder to get rid of a single ticket. I just have a budget and I’m ok if I don’t get in. It’ll still be fun to back in Boulder and hangout and visit some old haunts. I just don’t appreciate getting attacked and call a delusional grifter bc I say I don’t want to pay $600 for a ticket. I know where there are are $400 face value tickets for sale, but they aren’t a single ticket and the people don’t want to sell a single. I’ve been to many hard to get into events without a ticket. I have patience and I’m not feeling desperate to buy the first expensive ticket. I’m neither delusional nor a grifter. I took offense to being attacked.
We take offense to your delusional grift.

I get it. I’m not being greedy. Im not begrudging anyone selling their tickets for $600. There were people selling tickets for $220 last week and there were $300 tickets on the resell sites. I still wasn’t sure I was going to come last week bc I was waiting on a friend to decide if he was coming with me. In which case I needed 2 tickets, not one. One is generally cheaper bc most people don’t come alone, so it’s harder to get rid of a single ticket. I just have a budget and I’m ok if I don’t get in. It’ll still be fun to back in Boulder and hangout and visit some old haunts. I just don’t appreciate getting attacked and call a delusional grifter bc I say I don’t want to pay $600 for a ticket. I know where there are are $400 face value tickets for sale, but they aren’t a single ticket and the people don’t want to sell a single. I’ve been to many hard to get into events without a ticket. I have patience and I’m not feeling desperate to buy the first expensive ticket. I’m neither delusional nor a grifter. I took offense to being attacked.
Just consider 1 thing, there is no such thing as "Face Value" on these tickets anymore. CU went to a dynamic pricing model where the ticket prices for single game sales changed with availability and speed at which they were selling. So two people sitting side by side in the stands may have paid a couple hundred dollars difference for what amounts to the same ticket. Long time season ticket holders paid much less than the single game prices, but consider there was a minimum, non-deductible, "donation" required to get those which depending on the seat location doubles the price of the ticket. Not to mention the extra donations that the person has paid this year and the past several years to enjoy getting those seats.

If you would have said looking for any ticket for less than $X (whatever your budget is), you would have not been denigrated, but you specifically said 1st level ticket and wanting between the goal lines then balked at $600 as not being reasonable, when the market in fact is at that level. You also declined a perfectly reasonable offer of $220 for a perfectly reasonable seat in 208.

All we ask is that you be realistic in your expectations. Good luck on finding a ticket. And don't try sneaking in by the Mini-donut trailer, pretty sure security will have that hold closed off better next game.

Just consider 1 thing, there is no such thing as "Face Value" on these tickets anymore. CU went to a dynamic pricing model where the ticket prices for single game sales changed with availability and speed at which they were selling. So two people sitting side by side in the stands may have paid a couple hundred dollars difference for what amounts to the same ticket. Long time season ticket holders paid much less than the single game prices, but consider there was a minimum, non-deductible, "donation" required to get those which depending on the seat location doubles the price of the ticket. Not to mention the extra donations that the person has paid this year and the past several years to enjoy getting those seats.

If you would have said looking for any ticket for less than $X (whatever your budget is), you would have not been denigrated, but you specifically said 1st level ticket and wanting between the goal lines then balked at $600 as not being reasonable, when the market in fact is at that level. You also declined a perfectly reasonable offer of $220 for a perfectly reasonable seat in 208.

All we ask is that you be realistic in your expectations. Good luck on finding a ticket. And don't try sneaking in by the Mini-donut trailer, pretty sure security will have that hold closed off better next game.
I understand the dynamic pricing I know about donations to be able to buy season tickets. There is a face value, it may have a wide range this year with the dynamic pricing and maybe harder to figure out with the longtime season ticket holders (no problem). I’ve been watching the ticket prices for a couple of weeks. During the NE game tickets for the usc game were $225-$400. One person asking $600 for 2 seats close to the field with seat backs. So after the CSU game now tickets are $500-$600 on resale sights mostly. So there are people out there that are/will be completely happy to sell a single ticket for less than the prices on the resale sights. I bought a cheap plane ticket that if I decided not to come I will still have a credit to use my plane ticket (no big deal). There are a lot of other factors that go into this trip besides the ticket to the game. Hotel, Uber or rental car, food and alcohol, game time etc. it’s insane I’m catching crap for a “Looking for a ticket post”. I can’t explain every little detail of my budget in the looking for a ticket post. Who cares if I don’t want to pay a certain amount for a ticket and I decide to watch it at the bar in Boulder bc that will still be an amazing experience? Who cares if someone in the parking lot and I strike up a conversation and they give me a ticket for free. As long as the person providing the ticket and I are happy with the transaction none of your opinions matter in that transaction, that hasn’t even happened yet lol. If someone that wants $600 for their extra ticket reads my post, they don’t have to offer me their ticket and if they do and I say no thank you. What does it matter to you?
I’m not trying to sneak into the game lol.
If you think I’m a pos because I don’t want to pay $600, ok. I can’t do anything about that.
Getting into big events that are sold out is kind of a game in itself. If you understand you understand. Judge me, attack me, whatever. Everybody still puts their pants on one leg at a time. The average age of death is 77 yrs old and way less than that for many. Get on with living your lives. You don’t have that much time left.

I will not be paying $600 for a ticket. I decided to check plane tickets on a whim while watching the Nebraska game, it was $172 RT, I grabbed it. I tried to get my wife to go, she was not interested. She said, go if you want. Hotel rooms have been $800-$1500 a night, since I’ve been checking. I just happened to check for gits and shiggles yesterday out of nowhere there was one available for $150 in Boulder, I grabbed it. I will show up game-day without a ticket if I don’t find one for the right price sooner. I’ll find one at the game, probably for cheap. Someone will show up with a single extra ticket bc someone gets Covid or missed their flight or some other reason. Single tickets are not that attractive to most people (they want to sit together). One man gathers what another man spills. Let’s go Buffalo!!
Not that it matters to me. But this is confusing.
Tells one poster offering a reasonable ticket "naw, I will wait for a ticket between goal lines".
Then this note saying "I'll find one at the game", seemingly meaning "any ticket will do"??
I'm not so smart, but that's what I deduce here.

Bigguns sounds to me like he knows how this works. 90% he finds his face value single ticket.
But remember, it has to be lower level between goal lines. Not always possible when buying in the parking lot. Good luck to them. Hope pesron yells loudly for the Buffs but doesn't throw crap on the field. Then all will be well.

Not that it matters to me. But this is confusing.
Tells one poster offering a reasonable ticket "naw, I will wait for a ticket between goal lines".
Then this note saying "I'll find one at the game", seemingly meaning "any ticket will do"??
I'm not so smart, but that's what I deduce here.
I’m sure you’re pretty smart. You graduated from CU? It’s more complicated than it seems it should be and that I want to convey. It always is when you’re winging it. I’m not Uber rich like some poker savant who seems to know everything about every poster on here, without knowing **** about me. It’s always great to be judged and labeled by people who hate to be judged and labeled.

But remember, it has to be lower level between goal lines. Not always possible when buying in the parking lot. Good luck to them. Hope pesron yells loudly for the Buffs but doesn't throw crap on the field. Then all will be well.
You have to put it out in the universe to make it come to true.

I understand the dynamic pricing I know about donations to be able to buy season tickets. There is a face value, it may have a wide range this year with the dynamic pricing and maybe harder to figure out with the longtime season ticket holders (no problem). I’ve been watching the ticket prices for a couple of weeks. During the NE game tickets for the usc game were $225-$400. One person asking $600 for 2 seats close to the field with seat backs. So after the CSU game now tickets are $500-$600 on resale sights mostly. So there are people out there that are/will be completely happy to sell a single ticket for less than the prices on the resale sights. I bought a cheap plane ticket that if I decided not to come I will still have a credit to use my plane ticket (no big deal). There are a lot of other factors that go into this trip besides the ticket to the game. Hotel, Uber or rental car, food and alcohol, game time etc. it’s insane I’m catching crap for a “Looking for a ticket post”. I can’t explain every little detail of my budget in the looking for a ticket post. Who cares if I don’t want to pay a certain amount for a ticket and I decide to watch it at the bar in Boulder bc that will still be an amazing experience? Who cares if someone in the parking lot and I strike up a conversation and they give me a ticket for free. As long as the person providing the ticket and I are happy with the transaction none of your opinions matter in that transaction, that hasn’t even happened yet lol. If someone that wants $600 for their extra ticket reads my post, they don’t have to offer me their ticket and if they do and I say no thank you. What does it matter to you?
I’m not trying to sneak into the game lol.
If you think I’m a pos because I don’t want to pay $600, ok. I can’t do anything about that.
Getting into big events that are sold out is kind of a game in itself. If you understand you understand. Judge me, attack me, whatever. Everybody still puts their pants on one leg at a time. The average age of death is 77 yrs old and way less than that for many. Get on with living your lives. You don’t have that much time left.
Let me ask this another way, what do you think "Face Value" is for the tickets? I have been trying to convey that your expectation for "Face Value" is completely wrong. When single game seats went on sale, the CU ticket office was selling singles for $450+ and those were not in the prime locations of 104, 105, 118, and 119 as the majority of those were sold out as season tickets. This is not last year. An offer of $200ish for upper level endzone is perfectly reasonable and maybe close to what the cost of the ticket was for a person that isn't a season ticket holder. As you know, all the tickets are digital now, so there is no price displayed on the ticket, and thus the cost of the original is known only to the person who acquired it from CU.

Let me ask this another way, what do you think "Face Value" is for the tickets? I have been trying to convey that your expectation for "Face Value" is completely wrong. When single game seats went on sale, the CU ticket office was selling singles for $450+ and those were not in the prime locations of 104, 105, 118, and 119 as the majority of those were sold out as season tickets. This is not last year. An offer of $200ish for upper level endzone is perfectly reasonable and maybe close to what the cost of the ticket was for a person that isn't a season ticket holder. As you know, all the tickets are digital now, so there is no price displayed on the ticket, and thus the cost of the original is known only to the person who acquired it from CU.
I’m not disagreeing with anyone’s logic that there are some tickets that are $600 face value with the dynamic pricing donations etc. the face value prices range between $200-$600. There were really good seats 7-10 days ago listed for $250 each for a pair. (I wasn’t sure I was coming to the game at that time.)Tickets on the 2ndary market have gone up since then. I’m sure those folks were not selling their CU vs USC tickets at below cost.
All I ever stated that is I’m not paying $600 for a ticket. I don’t expect to get a 100 section ticket between the goal lines for $100-$200. All I said is being that I only need is a single ticket (which are generally harder to get rid of bc most people want 2 or more tickets) maybe I’ll score a cheap ticket day of the game. Cheap is relative to what someone paid. For example: If I get a $300 ticket that was $400+, then I’d consider that cheap. I’m not scamming anyone, I’m not running a grift. I’m talking about rolling the dice on finding a single ticket that might be considered cheaper than might be expected bc someone is willing to sell a ticket for less for some reason. By rolling the dice, I run the risk of not getting a ticket too. Im also willing to pay $200-$400 ticket. I stated I would like it to be between the goal lines. That does not mean next week as the game gets closer I’m against sitting in the end zone or in the 200’s. I stated (fingers crossed knowing this is improbable, but not impossible) to sit first level between the goal lines. Go Buffs!
frustrated the big lebowski GIF

I’m not disagreeing with anyone’s logic that there are some tickets that are $600 face value with the dynamic pricing donations etc. the face value prices range between $200-$600. There were really good seats 7-10 days ago listed for $250 each for a pair. (I wasn’t sure I was coming to the game at that time.)Tickets on the 2ndary market have gone up since then. I’m sure those folks were not selling their CU vs USC tickets at below cost.
All I ever stated that is I’m not paying $600 for a ticket. I don’t expect to get a 100 section ticket between the goal lines for $100-$200. All I said is being that I only need is a single ticket (which are generally harder to get rid of bc most people want 2 or more tickets) maybe I’ll score a cheap ticket day of the game. Cheap is relative to what someone paid. For example: If I get a $300 ticket that was $400+, then I’d consider that cheap. I’m not scamming anyone, I’m not running a grift. I’m talking about rolling the dice on finding a single ticket that might be considered cheaper than might be expected bc someone is willing to sell a ticket for less for some reason. By rolling the dice, I run the risk of not getting a ticket too. Im also willing to pay $200-$400 ticket. I stated I would like it to be between the goal lines. That does not mean next week as the game gets closer I’m against sitting in the end zone or in the 200’s. I stated (fingers crossed knowing this is improbable, but not impossible) to sit first level between the goal lines. Go Buffs!
frustrated the big lebowski GIF
Dude. Mix in the return key occasionally.

Also, 10 bucks you could have said the same thing in 4-5 sentences, but I’m not reading all of that to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back