1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For old times sake

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OKCBuff, Jun 9, 2010.

1. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Since it's looking more and more like three of the old Big Eight schools are going to defect from this messed up conference first, we should go back to a simpler time when regional rivalries and smaller conferences mattered.

[​IMG]

2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I have that picture.

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Is a Sooner supposed to be Native-American? And I don't get how cyclones and birds are equivalent.

I like how we are wearing silver pants.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

My aunt from OK said that OU used to have an Indian custome at OU home game until the 1960's or something like that.

5. OKCBuff

Yeah, historically, OU's mascot was an Indian for a long time. OU was called "Big Red" and their mascot was called "Little Red." They've buried that aspect of their past, but that's why OU is an Indian in this photo. It was made in 1969. I have it framed as well. Great photo.

As for ISU... they've always been the Cyclones, but they had trouble depicting a cyclone as a logo. So they went with a Cardinal, because of their school colors -- cardinal and gold. That's why they're birdies.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

fun conference. miss those days growing up. really fun in hoops with the home-homes all across the board.

7. Del

Del Member

That is a great picture! Do any of you guys know if you can buy it anywhere? I would love to have one framed.

8. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Unfortunately that picture wouldn't be deemed PC-correct today's candy-ass PC world. :rolling_eyes:

9. OKCBuff