1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the pessimists

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

You might be surprised to know that I actually do share many of the same frustrations as you guys do, except for the fact that I think CU had a good season in 2007 like JimmyBuff suggests otherwise.

Anyway, I think 2009 is gonna be a huge step forward for this program. I am ready for the put up or shutup and have said like you that it is time to show for all the talk and recruiting.

If the buffs don't finish with a minimum of 7 wins this year, then I will never post in the football forum again. I will not do any more sunshine pumping. You can bookmark this thread, I will hold to my word, but I am pretty confident I wont need to.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

No offense bro, but aren't you the guy who had to change his avatar to a Fusker logo, after losing a bet. We don't need you jinxing our breakout season!:smile2:

Swish likes this.
  3. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

My prediction for 2009 is now 6 wins. Buffs get to a bowl, and Unleash is outta the Football forum. Dude, the best of both worlds! :smile2:

I kid, I kid.

Seriously 7 wins should be the minimum, but will be dissapointed if it's not at least 8. Save for another injury plagued season like the last one I'll start to wonder about Hawk and staff with only 7 wins.

4. Unleash Hell

Ya but I also got laughed at and mocked for saying the Tampa Lighting would win the Stanley cup one year when they did.

5. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

why be pessimistic? we could just as easily be on the verge of greatness as the edge of dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

there is some good news coming out of boulder right now. you've got a stable of running backs that looks potentially dangerous. you've got lots of potentially nasty o-linemen. you've got a staff that has said that it wants to run the ball more this season, which seems to play to our strengths. and speaking of strengths, you've got a s/c coach saying that the off-season work was the best in his time here.

that's some good stuff right there.

if simas stays eligible, he is, from virtually all reports, the best wideout on the team. j-smith can burn and being thrown in the fire early has to be a help to him on the learning curve. and, i think our TEs have some serious upside too.

if our Buffs can get some flashes out of the qb position, this could be a very good offense... certainly much better than last year when the trouble with the ol broke everything down.

6. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

Man I really want an 8-9 win season but honestly, right now, after watching the vids here http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33955 I just want to drink some beer in the sun, get in my seats in the stadium, watch ralphie run, throw **** at opposing fans and cheer our boys on. Win or lose I need me some football.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i've learned not to trust myself in the spring, nor believe the coaching staff. sad to say.

we always look great in the weight room. guys are faster. samo samo.

8. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

If we don't win at least 7 games this year, I might be too depressed to want to post here either....or I might just flip out and post "fire hawkins" in every thread :lol:

9. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

buffalo wings is that you?:confused:

10. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

:lol:...let's hope it doesn't get that far....I could never argue that it's better to miss a bowl game, though....that's just stupid talk :smile2:

11. Unleash Hell

As was stated in another thread, Hawkins didn't have much positive things to talk about his first year. "We have a lot of work to do."

12. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Still an optimist, but I read this thread anyway.

Never could follow instructions.

13. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Are you saying we can "mark your words?"

:smile2:

14. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I wonder if we can get Jimmy & wings to agree to a similar pact that if the Buffs win more than 7 games they'll quit posting?

15. Unleash Hell

shh I think that is the key, don't rejinx it!:smile2: