1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you needing a Danny-speak Fix

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Somewhat amusing....he gets pissed when asked to modify his "This is the Big 12" yell to a Pac-10 yell....

http://search.espn.go.com/dan-hawkins/

Click on audio podcast....

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Come on, man. It will make you feel much better about next season, and that Danny will bring us back to prominence.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Man, he is hyper sensitive about that. I would think he would respond positively to that as it was a positive trademark for him for a while. You can tell he knows he is a dead man walking barring a miracle.

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

no. it wont.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Now, I'm on Hawk's side on this one. I thought Gottlieb was a douche to pull that out of his ass. As for the rest of the interview: pretty boring.

7. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I'm not. Have a little bit of a sense of humor. It didn't come across as mean spirited to me. Laugh a little about it and make a point about regardless of which conference you play in you have to be willing to work hard etc. Otherwise, yeah I agree, really boring.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think that quote has gotten so blown out of proportion that it has gotten to the point that it embarasses him. Remember, all us Buff fans LOVED it at the time. But now it is kind of used as ammo against him. So, yeah, I think he's gotten sensitive to it. I mean, what did Gottlieb want him to do? Scream "It's the Pac 16!" at the top of his lungs? That would have been kind of wierd, wouldn't it have been? The whole question was awkward and that wasn't Hawk's fault.

Daaah likes this.
  9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Well if your boy could actually produce a winning record sometime, I'm sure he wouldn't be such an uptight clown. But I'm not surprised you are on his "side"

For me F Hawkins, He deserves to be ridiculed every hour of every day until he starts winning some games.

10. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

The interviewer was being a douchebag asshole. Hawk handled it fine. I don't want him rolling over or pandering to the douchebag. He did neither and changed the subject. In my book, well done.

11. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

One more thing, what does Hawk care about the Pac 10. He won't be here to see it anyway.

Loved it when Gottlieb saying back in the day when Colorado killed it. At least someone remembers what it was back in the day.

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

G: Now, when Colorado was great, they went into california a lot. I know, that was before your time there, but what do you think?

:rofl:

And damn, Hawk was pissssed at the quote. Have a ****ing sense of humor guy.