1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forrest West = Brian White 2.0?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Apr 13, 2011.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

This was brought up in another thread, what do you guys think about the comparison? Both were proven players expected to contribute heavily in the coming season who we had not heard huge rumblings about being problem children.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I'm not gonna do that. West contributed far more than White and also from all reports wasn't the TOTAL ****up that White was.

3. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Agreed. White also left voluntarily mid-season.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Saw a little bit more out of West than we saw out of White, although a QB gone leaves a much bigger hole than a DE will.

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Forrest West isn't White.

6. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I hope that if the staff helps Forrest (and the others) land on his feet.
    The stigma of being cut is going to be a red flag to other programs.

The guy can play.

But if the issue is academic, depth chart, homesickness, girlfriend distraction, or just a case of Forrest not being a great match with the Buffs, it would be nice to see the coaches pull some strings to help him get situated with another program who might be able to use his services.

7. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

8. absinthe

I think we can agree if hawk had found a way to get through to White and gotten his head in the game we'd have been better than 2-10 and had a better QB option his first season than BJax. What is wrong with speculating that Embree may have made a similar mistake by cutting roughly 20% of our sack production from last season.

9. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with that comment and I hope Embree certainly did give him and the others every opportunity to prove themselves as he said....just have a hard time speculating that West was a "problem child" or did "this" or "that", when in actuality none of us really have an idea of why he is no longer with the team

We probably won't ever know the real story either, thus leaving people to speculate in a negative manner about the player which can be unfair....

10. absinthe

I take some care in my first post to point out we had not heard much about them being problem children. To be fair a left my self some wiggle room because we did hear some things about White from time to time and especially after he left.

11. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I agree and lets quit the Brian White bashing. He was not a total ****up that some want to claim. He decided he did not want to work with a coaching staff that wanted him gone.

12. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

In both cases, how good the player is/was is not relevant. Sometimes people cannot work together and that's life. For whatever reason this coaching staff and Forrest decided it would be best to go in different directions. It doesn't really matter what those reasons are as long as they don't involve NCAA sanctions or anything illegal. I would rather have a player gone than somebody on the team who will not be happy with the coaching staff or vice versa.