1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Sports Ohio Reporting Neb to Big 10

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SanDiegoBuff, Jun 9, 2010.

1. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Posted this in another thread, since it's an actual news journalism source, instead of UTs puppte (Chip Brown) I though tit deserved it's own thread.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/...g-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724

2. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Fingers crossed this is true.

3. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Good for NU. I hate the corn, but I'm so sick of all things Texass. I wish CU could hold a new conference and tell UT to go eff themselves.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Boom, the first shot is fired...game on.

You knew something was up when a special meeting of the Bd. of Regents was called, I am sure they knew this was in the offing.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

they are so scared of playing us they changed conferences.

6. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Interesting, a source that does not have a big rooting interest and sounds a bit more legit.

Also very interesting is setting up this scenario, kNU accepts and becomes number 12, Big X decides that it will only expand in even numbers, ND chooses to stay independant so Big XII does not offer officially to Mizzou. Even though all of this stuff really started around Mizzou, they could end up out in cold if the Big XII disolves. I can imagine the cold stares in the room with the Mizzou AD trying to talk with the KU, KSU, ISU, Baylor ADs about forming a new conference after that group has been left behind by the rest of the Big XII.

7. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

:lol:
    Yeah, and I've got beachfront property in Idaho I'd like to sell too!

Well played, Dr. Tom, well played. :thumbsup:

8. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

Looks like that Fox Ohio report is sourcing the same Omaha report that everyone else is sourcing.

This kind of feels like everyone running with the nebraska/missouri/rutgers report from radio station WHB about a month ago.

9. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Assuming the conference/bowl affiliation stays the same, how about a Nebraska/Colorado Rose Bowl?

10. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

This is a really interesting aspect of this whole soap opera. Hats off to kNU, which clearly saw the writing on the wall and positioned themselves (discreetly I might add - unlike those crying little bitches at Baylor) to be the Big 10's target from the Big XII.

The Fuskers were not in the discussion at all in the beginning, then suddenly - popcorn - they are the ones who are going to lead the change...