1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frosh/Still Red Shirt?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jgisland, Sep 23, 2007.

1. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Did Ryan Miller or the likes play today?

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Miller and Maivea(sp) played.. and so did Nate Viaomounga

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Millers first block of his college career, he lifted the d-lineman in the air.

Maiva had a pancake that I saw.

Our line is gonna be dominant in a year or two.

4. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I didn't notice Miller as much, but Maiva plays with an attitude that I like.

5. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Maiva will start against OU and Miller will see significant playing time. Just my prediction...

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

When Miller went in, everybody in the stadium was watching him. Forget the fact that they nearly scored on the play, everybody was talking about how he threw the defender in front of him aside like a toy.

I think the coaches are still not 100% confident in his pass protection skills. His run blocking is pretty darn good, though. While platooning o-linemen is not usually done, they may decide that his run-blocking is so dominant that the run game struggles without him and put him in the game for running situations.

Or not. What the hell do I know?

7. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

when miller went in, it was the first time in a LONG time that i watched an OLineman instead of the ball.....he will be good with another year in the weightroom and at the training table.

is maiva the one with the VERY LONG hair? if so, i saw his pancake in the 2nd half...in fact i yelled "pancake" when i saw it...they will be tough in the near future.

8. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I watched the O-line a lot this week just to see what the **** they do in run blocking. I am comfortable in saying that Miller is the best run blocker on the team. His pass blocking needs work, he was in position but waited for the defender to hit him rather than punching and recoiling.

9. BuffSax

BuffSax Member

Isn't Maiva related to The Rock?

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Duane "The Rock" Johnson's grandfather was named Maivea, so there may be a connection there.

11. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

The Rock is his uncle.

12. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Yeah, it's not often that a true FR's first play as an offensive lineman is a pancake, but Miller did it. He's an absoulte beast in the running game. I think he'll be the starter in a couple games.

The funny thing is how his 'shirt got pulled. Harrison couldn't get his shoe back on in time...Is that kind of like Wally Pip? Lose your starting job because your shoe comes off? I know Harrison is still the starter, but after what we saw on Sat, I think that's short-lived.