What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Full transfer list

Someone Boyle may be interested in is Jack Williams. He is a 6'8" freshman and is transferring from Long Beach State. He was on CU's radar for most of his Jr and Sr. year in HS.

Nah...... It's all good! I know I approach hoops differently, but admit I'm not exactly positive and deserve the criticism. I'm just very disappointed with the direction that I see CU basketball heading after a tremendous start to the Boyle Era! The two recruits that signed NLI's today and the two that are slotted for next year are marginal at best! I am excited about seeing Fortune play next season.

Bullwinkle..... Don't waste your time. This is a fan forum, not a basketball forum. If they knew hoops they wouldn't be making these silly comments. They don't understand recruiting cycles and they don't understand what a talented big means to a program. They'll remember after Scott's gone and there's no one to own the paint. If you want good basketball talk go to the rivals site...... Better basketball IQ. Less name calling too!
Bullwinkle, you definitely should go to Rivals. High level discourse there.

Bullwinkle..... Don't waste your time. This is a fan forum, not a basketball forum. If they knew hoops they wouldn't be making these silly comments. They don't understand recruiting cycles and they don't understand what a talented big means to a program. They'll remember after Scott's gone and there's no one to own the paint. If you want good basketball talk go to the rivals site...... Better basketball IQ. Less name calling too!
:lol:

Bullwinkle, you definitely should go to Rivals. High level discourse there.
What is this the lemming forum? Is this the forum that you just chant " all is great" and you're a member in good standing?

Does anyone remember just how bad CU played this season? Even more so when Josh was injured? In my opinion, I think the program has some significant needs. Just disappointed that they're not being addressed.

There is 1 person in this thread that's arguing with Bw, the rest of us agree with him. So WTF are you talking about?

What is this the lemming forum? Is this the forum that you just chant " all is great" and you're a member in good standing?

Does anyone remember just how bad CU played this season? Even more so when Josh was injured? In my opinion, I think the program has some significant needs. Just disappointed that they're not being addressed.
Are you not reading anything that is posted that doesn't agree with this theory? The main basketball mod has posted negative things IN THIS VERY THREAD. Along with several other prolific basketball posters. So either you are blind, or you are not arguing in good faith and are just trolling. Which one is it?

Someone Boyle may be interested in is Jack Williams. He is a 6'8" freshman and is transferring from Long Beach State. He was on CU's radar for most of his Jr and Sr. year in HS.

Williams was less than impressive his senior year, causing us to back off of him if I remember correctly. Didn't put up stellar numbers at LBSU and his weight is a bit of a concern. If we're going for a big, I'd much rather stay in on Torren Jones. But it sounds like that ship has sailed. Tad likes his bigs for the time being.

I really think that we're going to be shifting to a smaller lineup. I expect us in '16-17 moving forward to go with 3 guards, one swingman (think XJ/Fletch/DT-type) and one big in our starting lineup.

Are you not reading anything that is posted that doesn't agree with this theory? The main basketball mod has posted negative things IN THIS VERY THREAD. Along with several other prolific basketball posters. So either you are blind, or you are not arguing in good faith and are just trolling. Which one is it?

Am I blind to the dumb, dumb, dumb comments or the royal cocksucker? Or is it to go to Rivals to get discourse? Actually I read a lot that didn't agree...... Did you not? I'm not saying they should disagree or agree, everyone has their right to an opinion. I just believe you can love your school, but still think that the basketball program is heading in the wrong direction. Hopefully it doesn't look like I'm trolling....... I just believe that the emperor has no robe!

Am I blind to the dumb, dumb, dumb comments or the royal cocksucker? Or is it to go to Rivals to get discourse? Actually I read a lot that didn't agree...... Did you not? I'm not saying they should disagree or agree, everyone has their right to an opinion. I just believe you can love your school, but still think that the basketball program is heading in the wrong direction. Hopefully it doesn't look like I'm trolling....... I just believe that the emperor has no robe!
You believe the best basketball coach in modern CU history sucks, I get it. I happen to think that's a strange opinion to hold, but to each their own. However, disagreeing with your strange opinion does not automatically put someone else (who, perhaps, respects tad for what he has done but also thinks that there are some *****s in his armor) into the camp of "NO CRITICISM ALLOWED". Basically, trying to portray the world in black and white like you are doing is inaccurate at best and leads others to (one could say, reasonably) suggest that you are not being honest and instead just trying to stir up ****.

Never said I didn't appreciate tad and what he's done for the program, he's probably been the best coach at CU ever! But in my opinion his last 3-4 recruiting classes have been poor and he's rapidly falling behind in the PAC 12. Even if coach K had a season like CU's 2014-2015 season he would have criticism. My desire is not to be critical of Boyle...... It's more about the recruits he's bringing in and will they be able to take us to the levels we hope to achieve in the future.

Never said I didn't appreciate tad and what he's done for the program, he's probably been the best coach at CU ever! But in my opinion his last 3-4 recruiting classes have been poor and he's rapidly falling behind in the PAC 12. Even if coach K had a season like CU's 2014-2015 season he would have criticism. My desire is not to be critical of Boyle...... It's more about the recruits he's bringing in and will they be able to take us to the levels we hope to achieve in the future.
Other than tini, yea, most of us here would say you are on to something. Maybe it's your approach that is blurring your message?

I can't believe I'm the guy saying this.

Last 3-4? Can you explain you reasoning?

I know this year has been lackluster but Thomas still held offers from St. John's, Utah and Creighton.
Dom and Tory were both top 150 kids last year.
The year before that was J-Hop, Dustin Thomas, Fletch and King. I think the only one questioned was King but other than that it was all well recruited, highly ranked kids.

It is easy to look back and say there were mistakes but when these kids were being recruited I don't recall alot of the negative comments about recruiting.

Other than tini, yea, most of us here would say you are on to something. Maybe it's your approach that is blurring your message?

I can't believe I'm the guy saying this.
I'm not disagreeing that there is cause for concern, there is. Tad needs to find a way to get the momentum back. I am disagreeing in that...

1. The front court was the biggest issue last year
  2. 7 footers growing on trees
  3. Tad signing a bunch of guys w/o other options
  4. Signing a big man wasn't a big need of this class

Wondering if it's possible for BW to write a post without exclamation points.

Exclamation points contribute to tone. You're not making terrible arguments, or even arguments that a lot of people strongly disagree with, but the tone of those arguments is a little off.

Compare to:

Exclamation points contribute to tone! You're not making terrible arguments, or even arguments that a lot of people strongly disagree with, but the tone of those arguments is a little off!

Last 3-4? Can you explain you reasoning?

I know this year has been lackluster but Thomas still held offers from St. John's, Utah and Creighton.
Dom and Tory were both top 150 kids last year.
The year before that was J-Hop, Dustin Thomas, Fletch and King. I think the only one questioned was King but other than that it was all well recruited, highly ranked kids.

It is easy to look back and say there were mistakes but when these kids were being recruited I don't recall alot of the negative comments about recruiting.
Yea, the problem is that we've not gotten one decent starter out of every guy listed in this post. That's on Tad. And yes, I know Fletch and Dom showed flashes last year while Tory and King are wild cards/unknowns.

Unless something changes, recruiting, regardless of ranking, has been on a steep downward trend since Josh signed here.

Yea, the problem is that we've not gotten one decent starter out of every guy listed in this post. That's on Tad. And yes, I know Fletch and Dom showed flashes last year while Tory and King are wild cards/unknowns.

Unless something changes, recruiting, regardless of ranking, has been on a steep downward trend since Josh signed here.

Are you saying in terms of how productive they were or how "highly recruited" they were?

Are you saying in terms of how productive they were or how "highly recruited" they were?
I'm saying that on paper Tad has done a decent job recruiting since Tad left ("highly recruited" part) - although there are notable WTF's like Talton and Stalzer, but unfortunately has whiffed in getting production out of almost all of the guys after the Scott/Wes class, highly recruited or not.

I'm not sure I agree that a big wasn't a big need. Sure our guards suck, but if Josh had left this year, we would be left with Wes, Tory and the new kid. I'm not sure I understand Tad's recruiting strategy.

Last edited:
I wish people would stop talking about Talton and Stalzer as such huge failures. Talton is a serviceable PAC-12 bench player. Maybe Eli isn't but somebody's got to be at the end of the bench. No team has 13 scholarship (or 11 or 12) players contributing.

I agree that we need to see development from some of the bench players due to the losses after next season, but focusing on Talton and Stalzer is a waste of time. As I said, someone is always going to be the last scholarship player on the bench.

I don't think Talton is a serviceable bench player simply due to the fact that he does not shoot the damn ball when he's open. If he's gonna be coming off the bench he needs to be a threat to score, not just turn the ball over

I'm not disagreeing that there is cause for concern, there is. Tad needs to find a way to get the momentum back. I am disagreeing in that...

1. The front court was the biggest issue last year
  2. 7 footers growing on trees
  3. Tad signing a bunch of guys w/o other options
  4. Signing a big man wasn't a big need of this class

My man ,its basically because of how you're taking the message. 1)it didn't say that the front court was the biggest problem. it said that we are not recruiting to replace josh! he's gone next year. We have a weak front court without Josh. 2) You don't recruit a kid because of height, you recruit because they can play. Mills was a very bad recruit. There are available 7ft'ers that you don't recruit because they're stiffs. 3) you need to look closely at profiles. was there a full offer or did the other school just have interest. Theres a huge difference. The two guys we signed today and King, Stalzer and Talton. Were not highly recruited and they were not recruited by high major schools. 4) I don't get why you don't realize that signing a big is huge for CU. Josh leaves next season. Why would you not be looking for a impact big? You don't recruit for the next season. You recruit for the next 4 years. Our big that replaced Josh when he was injured was Thomas.... oh thats right he's no longer with the team.

My man ,its basically because of how you're taking the message. 1)it didn't say that the front court was the biggest problem. it said that we are not recruiting to replace josh! he's gone next year. We have a weak front court without Josh. 2) You don't recruit a kid because of height, you recruit because they can play. Mills was a very bad recruit. There are available 7ft'ers that you don't recruit because they're stiffs. 3) you need to look closely at profiles. was there a full offer or did the other school just have interest. Theres a huge difference. The two guys we signed today and King, Stalzer and Talton. Were not highly recruited and they were not recruited by high major schools. 4) I don't get why you don't realize that signing a big is huge for CU. Josh leaves next season. Why would you not be looking for a impact big? You don't recruit for the next season. You recruit for the next 4 years. Our big that replaced Josh when he was injured was Thomas.... oh thats right he's no longer with the team.
My comments were about yours

I wish people would stop talking about Talton and Stalzer as such huge failures. Talton is a serviceable PAC-12 bench player. Maybe Eli isn't but somebody's got to be at the end of the bench. No team has 13 scholarship (or 11 or 12) players contributing.

I agree that we need to see development from some of the bench players due to the losses after next season, but focusing on Talton and Stalzer is a waste of time. As I said, someone is always going to be the last scholarship player on the bench.

I would expect the 11-13 guys to be able to do one thing well. As in a great shooter, dribbler or defender. Maybe I am overreaching though. A guy who is small and can't defend well but can knock down shots, or a guy who can't shoot at all but has good handles and can break a press, or just a lock down defender that is inept on the offensive side.

I thought this thread was going to be about the transfer market.

Oh well.

Regarding the current state of CU basketball, I think people are over-reacting with worry now just as before this season people were over-reacting with thought that CU should make the Dance every year and anything short of a Sweet 16 would have to be viewed as a disappointment.

I trust Tad to make the changes to right what went wrong last season. If the ship is going down, I'm going down with Tad. 100% confidence that he will get back to his winning ways in 2015-16 and beyond.

The big center from Charlotte - Thorne, I think - is headed to Illinois. Cancelled visits to KU and UK. I think he sees a lot of playing time at Illinois.

With who we currently have and who we have coming in, I can't see us improving much. Maybe a few more wins, but still outside the Dance bubble. It's a ****ty feeling.

Back