1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny how all the goat fans are gone now...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Sep 6, 2013.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

CCsquared is probably the only rational one, but I guess we can enjoy the atmosphere for a while....

2. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

ramnation is actually busy praising MMac this morning. I had to revert to Java 1.0 to read the posts, but they are afraid of CU and our progress.

3. leftybuff

They should be. They have only been really competitive with CU when CU was at its absolute low watermark. That low watermark commenced with the hiring of D-2 Danny, and the ill-fated tenure of Embree. Those eight years are some of the very worst CU football ever. Still, CU went 5-3 versus the goats for those eight years. If CU puts together any kind of a competent program, I expect the games between the schools to return to the historical norm where CU wins the game 75 to 80% of the time, and by huge margins. It would be awful hard on your average CSU fan to lose their Super Bowl that often.

Swish likes this.
  4. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

GB was 4-3 against the Goats. If his teams hadn't been so slow to start each season, the Rams may be just as disinterested in the game as we are.

5. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

You mean like losing to Fresno at home the same year as we blasted #1 Nebraska?

I'm still ticked about that game. Probably cost a chance to go to the Rose Bowl and shot at the title.

6. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I liked the approach that M2 took to the game this year. He took the game seriously and put a full and solid effort into it.

If this approach continues two positive things will happen. One is that we will get off to quicker starts and put ourselves into position and frame of mind to have better seasons.

The second is that as we improve we will start to rightly blast the sheep into oblivion to a point that their fans start to wish the game wasn't being played and start wishing it would just go away.

7. Highlander

Yes. Me, too. Yes & yes.

8. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm not so sure lamb fans will ever wish this game away. Without this game they are relegated to secondary status in the state in perpetuity. With the game, it gives them an opportunity to upset us and claim "#1" status for a year. It is their moment in the sun and they won't let it go.

As is often said the game is a lose/lose for us and on the flip side it is a win/win for them. They get the shot at knocking us off but if they lose it's expected or when it's more evenly matched they can just rationalize the loss away. Take this year's excuses for example, "We beat ourselves" "It was just two plays that beat us" etc.

9. Highlander

That "it was just two plays that beat us" shows how bad they are at math. Even without those two plays, they are not ahead. And did they forget the game ended with us showing mercy by taking a knee on their side of the field?

10. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Now they're thinking CU (and the Pac12) will allow the game to be moved to the day after Thanksgiving so a "real rivalry game" can be played "when both teams have all the kinks worked out".

No, I am not making that up.

That being said, I propose we don't start anymore CSU threads until August 2014.

11. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Honestly, I didn't really notice them this year.

Uncle Ken likes this.
  12. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I'll second that with an added amendment that we start one for the basketball game.

13. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Goat fans are gone because their season's over.

14. leftybuff

I agree and hereby take the pledge...

15. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

16. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Didn't the Pac 12 add a rule that all non-conference games have to be played in the first 3 games of the season, with the exception of the Stanford/USC rivalry games against ND grandfathered in? I think even Utah had to push up the BYU game. I don't see anyone clamoring to make an exception for CU/CSU.

17. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The most delusional of them will always want it but the majority could be persuaded if we started thumping them by 35+ points every year and taking away any hope they have of getting a win. We need to turn it into a body bag game. A game like Bama is going to put on them where they are so overmatched that the injuries coming out of the game impact them the rest of the year because it is such a missmatch.

We are a long way from there right now but we have been that good before and could/should do it again.

18. KyleM.

KyleM. Recruiting Moderator Club Member

Was looking at their schedule earlier. Rams could lose nine games this year.

19. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

well, they have a dismal past, a disappointing present, and an uncertian future....what is there to be a fan of?

EddieCrowder likes this.
  20. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Don't worry about me starting new CSU threads on the football board...there's always the Island.

21. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

As long as Nash is here the sheep****ers will have representation.

22. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Damn it! Now I'm gritting my teeth again! Darn well did cost us; just like many of GB's lazy/questionable tactics did.

23. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Teams evolve as a season goes along. Losing to Fresno may have been the best thing for that team.

24. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Loud farts in church. CSU threads after the RMS. whatever.

25. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

synagogue has no such noises...

dply likes this.
  26. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

that is a very good example of CSU's naivete as to how close these two programs are. The reason this series has been so close lately is the fact that it's been played as the first game of the season. When it is, CSU literally gameplans for CU for a solid month before the season. When they can't, CU is even more dominant. CU is something like 8-1 when this isn't the first game of the season.

27. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

fify