What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future non-conference football schedules for Colorado and Nebraska

I have no desire to schedule games against any Big 10 opponent since the Rose Bowl features a PAC 12 and Big 10 match. I prefer an SEC or ACC opponent if we are scheduling BCS non-con games. My ideal non-con schedule would be CSU, a WAC, SEC, and a cupcake before conference play.

I agree except for the CSU part, we need to drop them. And keep in mind we'll only have 3 non-conference games now since we'll be playing 9 conference games.

I'd be ok with playing NU but like others have said, we can't play our home game at Invesco, it needs to be at Folsom. I'll keep saying it - these neutral site games in NFL stadiums suck.

My wife is a husker fan so I would really really like to regain bragging rights for a while.

Our primary scheduling concern should be dumping the CSU game. Make that happen and then we can discuss other potential opponents.

Count me in the "no" group. I'm done with those SOB's. If I never see a red **** with a plastic corn cob on his head it will be too soon.

What is strange is the # of allbuffers with fusker wives or family members on AB. It is creepy.

God I hate my family.

And beofre you ask, no, my wife is a girl, a CU fan and grad, and her Dad has a NU doormat outside his shop just so he can enjoy wiping his dirty feet on it before he walks in the door. He is a good dude.

If anyone knows where to buy NU toilet paper let me know. He would like that for Christmas for his shop. yes, for that reason.

There's no mutual respect from nebraska, so they won't schedule a game against us. But at the same time they play the supposed " little teams" in noncon, so why not play CU?

Screw Nebraska. I don't want to give all their border jumping local fans another home game, so if they want to watch their Fuskers in person they can drive a loooooong way away.

No intervention or divorce necessary. She has actually found a place for the Buffs in her heart and actually cheers (lightly) for them when not playing the fuskers (something that I kinda tried but have found impossible to do). We even got season tix and I am buying her a buffs sweatshirt for the games. Now if she decides to wear any husker **** to said games she will be left on the curb somewhere on the hill.

There's no mutual respect from nebraska, so they won't schedule a game against us. But at the same time they play the supposed " little teams" in noncon, so why not play CU?

Yea, I guess Nebraska does play "little teams" in noncon. Here is what is in store for the next few years of non-conference play:

09/03 Tenn. Chattanooga Lincoln (weak team, scheduled before TO took over as AD)
09/10 Fresno State Lincoln
09/17 Washington Lincoln
09/24 Wyoming Laramie

09/01 Southern Miss Lincoln
09/08 UCLA Pasadena
Plus 2 open dates to be filled

08/31 Wyoming Lincoln
09/07 Southern Miss Hattiesburg
09/14 UCLA Lincoln
Plus 1 date to be filled

09/13 Fresno State Fresno
09/20 Miami (Fla.) Lincoln
Plus 2 dated to be filled

Now as a comparison. The next few years of non-conference play for the Buffs is:

09/03 Hawaii Honolulu
09/10 California California
09/17 Colorado State Denver
09/24 Ohio St. Columbus

09/01 Colorado State at Denver
09/15 Fresno State at Fresno St.
Plus 1 date to be filled

08/31 Colorado State at Denver
09/14 FRESNO STATE Boulder
Plus 1 date to be filled

08/30 Colorado State at Denver, Colo.
09/20 HAWAII Boulder
Plus 1 date to be filled

A side from the up coming 2011 schedule the Buffs really have nothing to crow about with their scheduling. The non-conference schedule is set up to be rather weak so far. Maybe the AD is looking for some additional away money games? Yea that's it! Play a big dog, get beat up and carry a bag full of money home.

Me thinks the mighty Buff fans should back off hacking Nebraska for their weak non-conference scheduling. I just don't see it going into the future. The past, especially the last few years has been a joke. And that's coming from a Nebraska first, Colorado a distant second guy.

Now what's next on the meeting agenda to bitch about Nebraska for?

Yea, I guess Nebraska does play "little teams" in noncon. Here is what is in store for the next few years of non-conference play:

09/03 Tenn. Chattanooga Lincoln (weak team, scheduled before TO took over as AD)
09/10 Fresno State Lincoln
09/17 Washington Lincoln
09/24 Wyoming Laramie

09/01 Southern Miss Lincoln
09/08 UCLA Pasadena
Plus 2 open dates to be filled

08/31 Wyoming Lincoln
09/07 Southern Miss Hattiesburg
09/14 UCLA Lincoln
Plus 1 date to be filled

09/13 Fresno State Fresno
09/20 Miami (Fla.) Lincoln
Plus 2 dated to be filled

Now as a comparison. The next few years of non-conference play for the Buffs is:

09/03 Hawaii Honolulu
09/10 California California
09/17 Colorado State Denver
09/24 Ohio St. Columbus

09/01 Colorado State at Denver
09/15 Fresno State at Fresno St.
Plus 1 date to be filled

08/31 Colorado State at Denver
09/14 FRESNO STATE Boulder
Plus 1 date to be filled

08/30 Colorado State at Denver, Colo.
09/20 HAWAII Boulder
Plus 1 date to be filled

A side from the up coming 2011 schedule the Buffs really have nothing to crow about with their scheduling. The non-conference schedule is set up to be rather weak so far. Maybe the AD is looking for some additional away money games? Yea that's it! Play a big dog, get beat up and carry a bag full of money home.

Me thinks the mighty Buff fans should back off hacking Nebraska for their weak non-conference scheduling. I just don't see it going into the future. The past, especially the last few years has been a joke. And that's coming from a Nebraska first, Colorado a distant second guy.

That their fans are still on this website...

Their coach yells so hard he pisses himself.

pelini-piss.jpg

Okay. That's not a complaint. That's just funny.

oooohh!!! ooooohhh!!!! i got one.

when one of you dorks goes on another big ten team site to tell them how classy your fans are and leave out things like brandon drumm getting hit with a glass beer bottle in lincoln, your fans giving death threats to the ad, your fans giving death threats to coaches, your fans booing your team, your fans leaving in droves during a blow out loss (cant remember vs who though), the "sal is dead" on I-80 ect.

of course, none of us will be there to call you on it. i AM willing to bet, that knu fans WILL show on pac 12 boards to fill them in on how classless cu fans are and extol the virtues of the knu fan base.

will that work for something on the agenda? :smile2:

kNu person has trouble remembering the last... ohhh the entire history of the fusker program. Look ahead sir, I'm glad your AD found a pair, but you still have 100 years of being OOC pussies to make up for.

oooohh!!! ooooohhh!!!! i got one.

when one of you dorks goes on another big ten team site to tell them how classy your fans are and leave out things like brandon drumm getting hit with a glass beer bottle in lincoln, your fans giving death threats to the ad, your fans giving death threats to coaches, your fans booing your team, your fans leaving in droves during a blow out loss (cant remember vs who though), the "sal is dead" on I-80 ect.

of course, none of us will be there to call you on it. i AM willing to bet, that knu fans WILL show on pac 12 boards to fill them in on how classless cu fans are and extol the virtues of the knu fan base.

will that work for something on the agenda? :smile2:

kNu person has trouble remembering the last... ohhh the entire history of the fusker program. Look ahead sir, I'm glad your AD found a pair, but you still have 100 years of being OOC pussies to make up for.
42iwpf0.gif

With the release of the Big Ten 2013 and 2014 football schedules. It looks like Nebraska has open dates which coincide with those of Colorado.

Would Buff fans like to schedule Nebraska after several years playing in the Pac 12 and not playing Nebraska?

The dates apparently available for each team would be, Sept 21, 2013, Sept 6, 2014 and Sept 27, 2014.

Thoughts?

YES! WE NEED TO DO THIS. THIS GAME IS A PART OF BOTH SCHOOLS HISTORY AND IT WOULD BE COOL TO REINVENT AND REINVIGORATE THIS RIVALRY. I WOULD LOVE THIS. MAKE IT HAPPEN.​

wow. Wyo doesn't really have strong feelings about this I guess. I'm a little surprised.

I'd love it as an annual thing.

I wish we could do it at the end of the year like the Georgia-Georgia Tech game. But if we need to go early season like Notre Dame-Michigan, then that will also work. The part of this I don't like is having CSU locked in on the schedule. This only leaves 1 flex game every season and we wouldn't be able to play someone interesting without over-scheduling. I think it would be worth it, though.

wow. Wyo doesn't really have strong feelings about this I guess. I'm a little surprised.

This game has been a measuring stick and program barometer for so long that it has become "part of the deal" for me. This was the only drawback to both programs leaving the TEXASS 12 in my opinion. I also have come to believe that Osborn was right on target with his misgivings regarding the Big-12 in 1994. His issues with bringing in the Texas schools have been validated by the actual evolution and eventual break-down of the conference due to Texas arrogance and dominance. I would rather play NU every year than our little sisters in Ft. Fun.

This game has been a measuring stick and program barometer for so long that it has become "part of the deal" for me. This was the only drawback to both programs leaving the TEXASS 12 in my opinion. I also have come to believe that Osborn was right on target with his misgivings regarding the Big-12 in 1994. His issues with bringing in the Texas schools have been validated by the actual evolution and eventual break-down of the conference due to Texas arrogance and dominance. I would rather play NU every year than our little sisters in Ft. Fun.

I 100% agree with you. Replacing CSU with kNU would be fantastic.

Back