What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future of football series vs CSU

why? I don't see any reason for this is "needed", much less "needed first and foremost". College football has risen to incredible levels of popularity without such a policy.

Without rehashing the entire argument, there is already a discrepancy between the # of conference games among the P5 conferences (ie SEC plays 8, Pac 12 plays 9). It's been widely criticized by non-SEC coaches that while Alabama, Auburn, Florida, etc add the Eastern Kentucky's of the world to their schedule, the Pac 12 programs have to play another Power 5 school. It's a competitive balance issue between the conferences, and even Nick Saban has been lobbying for the SEC to make the change.

If wins are more important than money, then move to the MWC already.

If wins are more important than money, then move to the MWC already.

I owe you lots of rep. The whole time I've been reading this thread I thought about Kizla's article. Colorado and CSU could own the MWC. Maybe one day we could get an invite to the Big 12.

Obviously there is a balance, but aren't we all sick of being on the Pac-12 network for several games a year? Just winning a minor bowl game will not change that problem. We need more exposure, especially outside the conference footprint.

Without rehashing the entire argument, there is already a discrepancy between the # of conference games among the P5 conferences (ie SEC plays 8, Pac 12 plays 9). It's been widely criticized by non-SEC coaches that while Alabama, Auburn, Florida, etc add the Eastern Kentucky's of the world to their schedule, the Pac 12 programs have to play another Power 5 school. It's a competitive balance issue between the conferences, and even Nick Saban has been lobbying for the SEC to make the change.

I understand there is an imbalance. I don't understand why you think it needs to be changed, much less why it should be the "first and foremost" item that is addressed.

I understand there is an imbalance. I don't understand why you think it needs to be changed, much less why it should be the "first and foremost" item that is addressed.

Because I like equality/parity in sports and, as it stands, the SEC a distinct competitive advantage over most of the P5 world.

Not sure who I'm talking to here, play the big boys. Beat them, exposure will come. As a player, beat who is in front of you. Being scared gets u nowhere. Playing Toledo on a Thursday night, getting blown out, that's slumming not progressing.

Obviously there is a balance, but aren't we all sick of being on the Pac-12 network for several games a year? Just winning a minor bowl game will not change that problem. We need more exposure, especially outside the conference footprint.
Chicken or the egg - which comes first?

This statement might have been a little too ambitious...

Arguably similarly ambitious as positioning CU for one of the 4 playoff spots.

CU can lose every OOC game and win the conference, which would amount to a pretty good bowl game.

The goal of winning the OOC for bowl eligibility is subordinate to winning the P12 South and winning the P12 conference.

Too much emphasis is being placed on winning the non-con. The goal here is to get to the CCG and punch a ticket to the Rose Bowl.

From that perspective, the w/l record of the non-com is relatively meaningless.

I thought we agreed the 1 strong P5, 1 weak P5, and 1 weak G5 was the way to go? This seems ideal to me and the rest of the arguments are null.

I'm not sure everyone is quite grasping the concept that we're talking about scheduling games 5+ years from now.

How the team is performing now, and how the current team would match up against the other schools' current team is completely irrelevant.

I'm not going to sugar coat it: if you are saying that we shouldn't schedule a big boy schedule because we need all the help we can get to simply win a couple games and get bowl eligible, then you are saying that you think CU will suck in 2021.

My new standard response when someone says we should schedule easy guaranteed wins because the team desperately needs wins and to get to a bowl game is to ask them why think the team will suck so bad in 2022.

I'm not sure everyone is quite grasping the concept that we're talking about scheduling games 5+ years from now.

How the team is performing now, and how the current team would match up against the other schools' current team is completely irrelevant.

I'm not going to sugar coat it: if you are saying that we shouldn't schedule a big boy schedule because we need all the help we can get to simply win a couple games and get bowl eligible, then you are saying that you think CU will suck in 2021.

My new standard response when someone says we should schedule easy guaranteed wins because the team desperately needs wins and to get to a bowl game is to ask them why think the team will suck so bad in 2022.

Exactly. Lots of crying over a couple games that we may lose. aTm/TCU aren't perennial juggernauts.

I'm not against playing A&M because I think we might lose. I'm just not that excited about playing A&M. Serious bunch of weirdos there. TCU - fine. Hell, play Tech, too.

Baylor, UT and A&M all make me want to vomit for various reasons. And while I don't hate A&M the same way I hate Baylor and UT, those people seriously creep me out.

I'm not against playing A&M because I think we might lose. I'm just not that excited about playing A&M. Serious bunch of weirdos there. TCU - fine. Hell, play Tech, too.

Baylor, UT and A&M all make me want to vomit for various reasons. And while I don't hate A&M the same way I hate Baylor and UT, those people seriously creep me out.

Well, if the competitive disadvantage of scheduling 2-3 more P5 opponents than anyone else in the country isn't a reason not to do this, then the creepiness of the fan base definitely is! :lol:

my school never shared a conference with A&M, but we did have a home/home series with them. you've encountered a different sampling of TAMU grads and students than I have. either that, or I need to adjust my perception of geeky engineers in redneck states from schools with a full time corp of cadets being normal. their fans seem like true football fans to me. the TAMU grads I've worked with knew their shjt.

my school never shared a conference with A&M, but we did have a home/home series with them. you've encountered a different sampling of TAMU grads and students than I have. either that, or I need to adjust my perception of geeky engineers in redneck states from schools with a full time corp of cadets being normal. their fans seem like true football fans to me. the TAMU grads I've worked with knew their shjt.

TAMU alums are cult-ish. Its weird.

Have you ever made the trip to College Station? Did you ever study the Bonfire tragedy and subsequent cover-up?
Are you following their Kyle Field renivation? Did you like the way Sumlin handled Manziel? Did you read their honor code?

A&M just does things differently. *sneeze*jizz jar / nut squeeze / corps*sneeze*.
Aggie traditions. You can't explain it.

The grabbing your balls so hard that it hurts for the benefit of your team is the weirdest ****ing tradition I've ever heard about.

We make fun of other cultures for doing things much less silly.

images

Seriously. They're a bunch of weirdos. Just... strange. Like, where in the Hell did they come up with this stuff?

m2PDSh.jpg

God, texas is so weird.

I got a red x, but I'm going to assume that's a pic of the goof ringing the bell. It's hard to argue that Tech isn't weird, too. The difference to me is that Tech is like Aggie light. They have a bunch of weird traditions that don't mean anything, but they stop well short of the cultish behavior that is displayed in Collie Station.

Have you ever made the trip to College Station? Did you ever study the Bonfire tragedy and subsequent cover-up?
Are you following their Kyle Field renivation? Did you like the way Sumlin handled Manziel? Did you read their honor code?

A&M just does things differently. *sneeze*jizz jar / nut squeeze / corps*sneeze*.
Aggie traditions. You can't explain it.

The grabbing your balls so hard that it hurts for the benefit of your team is the weirdest ****ing tradition I've ever heard about.

We make fun of other cultures for doing things much less silly.

images

Seriously. They're a bunch of weirdos. Just... strange. Like, where in the Hell did they come up with this stuff?

yep -- you guys definitely ran into different TAMU people than I have. those points never came up in conversation.

I got a red x, but I'm going to assume that's a pic of the goof ringing the bell. It's hard to argue that Tech isn't weird, too. The difference to me is that Tech is like Aggie light. They have a bunch of weird traditions that don't mean anything, but they stop well short of the cultish behavior that is displayed in Collie Station.

You are correct, sir.

yep -- you guys definitely ran into different TAMU people than I have. those points never came up in conversation.

[video=youtube;3AOgN-4QnZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AOgN-4QnZ4[/video]

Also, I sit over by where the other team's cheerleaders usually are located. It is always fun to "check out" the different cheerleaders from all the different teams. Maybe I'm a bit misogynistic but I really don't like seeing just a bunch of fake army dudes grabbing their nuts instead of cute college girls getting thrown in the air.

:lol:

Also, I sit over by where the other team's cheerleaders usually are located. It is always fun to "check out" the different cheerleaders from all the different teams. Maybe I'm a bit misogynistic but I really don't like seeing just a bunch of fake army dudes grabbing their nuts instead of cute college girls getting thrown in the air.

:lol:

Well thats what you say on the internet anyway.

Back