What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- Men's bball ends season opening homestand hosting Maine (Monday, 11/15/21, 6:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Mountain)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Before heading off to the Virgin Islands, the Buffs (2-0) end their 3 game season opening homestand hosting the Maine Black Bears (1-1) tomorrow evening.

Go Buffs!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Links with more info on Maine:

Roster
- https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats (From last season) - https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2021-22?path=mbball
Schedule/ results for this season - https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2021-22
Their preview article for the match with the Buffs - Not available as I type this.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links:

Game Notes
- Not available as I type this.

Live video - Match is scheduled to be shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain channel. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to any Pac 12 channel, assume it can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/event/2021/11/15/maine-colorado.

Live Audio - No link(s) I can find right now. Assuming this is like last season, I assume it might (???) be on 850 AM and 94.1 FM, as well as through links on the cubuffs site.

Live stats - No link I can find now. However, if like prior seasons, they should be available at https://admin.cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary .

@hokiehead - did you watch the Maine opener vs VA Tech? If so, would love to hear any impressions. I know they had an awful shooting night.

Looks like they've got some size, so that's good to work against. But this should be a body bag game to prep for St. Thomas if our Buffs are focused.

@hokiehead - did you watch the Maine opener vs VA Tech? If so, would love to hear any impressions. I know they had an awful shooting night.

Looks like they've got some size, so that's good to work against. But this should be a body bag game to prep for St. Thomas if our Buffs are focused.
I did, but wasn't focused on Maine. I think 3/5 starters for VT are new and i was trying to figure out who our guys were.

I still have the game on my DVR and will give it another watch.

cubuffs.com preview for the game. - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/11/14/mens-basketball-colorado-hosts-maine-monday.aspx

"
ABOUT THE BUFFALOES: Colorado is off to a 2-0 start for the sixth-straight season after defeating New Mexico 87-76 on Nov. 13.

Colorado's offense is off to a good start as the Buffaloes are averaging 90.5 points over its first two games while shooting 50 percent from the field.

Colorado's 181 total points are its most in the first two games of the season since the Buffaloes scored 204 Nov. 22 & 24, 2002 in wins over Cal-Poly (97-69) and Stetson (107-74).

Defensively, the Buffaloes have allowed 83.0 points per game while opponents have shot 45 percent. The 166 points given up by the Colorado defense in the first two games is the most since 168 allowed in back-to-back games to Arizona State (W 97-85) and Arizona (L, 67-83) at the 2018 Pac-12 Tournament (March 7-8).

ABOUT THE BLACK BEARS: Maine is 1-1 on the young season, coming off a 71-52 home win over NCAA Division III Maine-Farmington on Nov. 12. The Black Bears dropped their opener at Virginia Tech, 82-47, on Nov. 9. Maine is shooting just 34.6 percent from the field over its first two games, including 18 percent from 3-point range. Defensively, Maine is allowing opponents to shoot 44 percent. The Black Bears are averaging 9.5 steals over the first two.

Junior forward Stephane Ingo leads Maine at 8.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game. Ingo had a double-double against Maine-Farmington with 13 points and 11 rebounds. The Black Bears have a Colorado connection. Junior guard LeChaun Duhart, a graduate of Grandview High School in Aurora, has averaged 8.0 points and 4.0 rebounds over the first two games. Sophomore guard Vukasin Masic leads the Black Bears in assists with five on the season while averaging 6.5 points and 4.0 rebounds.

Maine played just nine games in a pandemic-shortened season in 2020-21, finishing 2-7. The Black Bears were picked to finish ninth in the 10-team America East Conference in the 2021-22 Preseason Coaches Poll.

THE SERIES: This will be the first meeting between Colorado and Maine. It's will be only the fourth time Colorado has faced one of the teams that make up the America East Conference and first since the Buffaloes defeated Hartford, 80-52, on Dec. 29, 2012 at the CU Events Center.
"

We should win easily, but these early season games produce a lot of upsets.

Who benefits from an 8 o'clock start? No one. Keeps familys with kids, and out of town folks away. Somebody from Greeley is going to drive 80 minutes each way to watch a 2nd rate opponent, so they can get home at midnight and work the next day? 6 or 6:30.

RG must be too busy fine-tuning the FB team.

Ill take a 6pm tip, or even a 5pm tip every day. Allows kids to come, get home at a reasonable hour, etc.

8pm tip also doesnt help the east coast bias given few people are going to stay up till midnight to watch CU play Montana State, so all they will see is either the scoreboard tomorrow saying it was a blow out and not care, or a close game (or loss) and then say "wow, CU must not be good this year". With no eyes on the game, no one to come back with, that was a close game, Montana State was better than I expected.

I get the TV constraints, but what other benefit does a 8pm or later tip have?

If I’m going to the game with tiny people, give me a 6 pm tip.

If watching on TV, give me an 8 so they’re in bed.
6pm start tonight. Counting on you to be there with all your kids to fill the arena.

(y) We will be there, had to practically beg people to go with me to other games, but have a list of people that want to go to a Monday night game against... Maine?
that's what a 2-0 start will do

Maine seems to be an international team. Only 4 kids from the US (including one from Grandview apparently).
I don't think I've seen a roster that invested in foreign players.

I did, but wasn't focused on Maine. I think 3/5 starters for VT are new and i was trying to figure out who our guys were.

I still have the game on my DVR and will give it another watch.
I lied. I may play the game on mute int he background today, but no chance of any amateur analysis of the Maine team from me.

Maine seems to be an international team. Only 4 kids from the US (including one from Grandview apparently).
Gonzaga usually does, idk if it's that much though? They are the only one to come to mind for me, fwiw.

Gonzaga usually does, idk if it's that much though? They are the only one to come to mind for me, fwiw.

St. Mary's is always full of Australians and Kiwis. Just looked at their current roster and they have 8 international, 8 American, and I imagine all of their walk-ons are Americans.

that's what a 2-0 start will do
Not a single person that wants to go cares at all about their record, nor did they even know about the team. Just simply a game they are able to attend. Honestly, most of them just have kids they want to take, and would rather a crappy team with fewer fans (COVID, easier to get food, kids can walk around, etc). Different demographic this point of the year/opponents.

Come later in the season if they are good, I normally get hit up by other people that are more interested in the actual game.

8pm non-conference game without a name are impossible to get people to go, and I am often 50/50 on if I am going alone, leaving a bunch of seats sold, but empty.

A different sport, but my brother coached soccer at Maine and they recruited Canada (and what they could afford in Europe) as much as anywhere in the states. Very limited talent pool up there.

Back