1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

games that get super hype...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jrod212, Jan 1, 2009.

1. jrod212

jrod212 Member

usually suck really hard.

why is that?

on espn, every 2 minutes they would hype the rose bowl.

"everyone in the nation has their eyes on Pasedena, every team smells the roses. blah blah blah."

why do they freaking do that? it pisses me off.

2. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Because it was on ABC, ESPN's parent station.

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

The only BCS game ABC/ESPN had was the Rose Bowl --- so they made sure to hype it up as much as they possibly could.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

They hyped the USC/Texas game a lot too. That game more than lived up to the hype.

And the Rose Bowl wasn't as big a blowout as it's being made out to be. Penn State managed to claw it's way back into the game in the 4th quarter.

6. jrod212

jrod212 Member

well i stopped watching after 31-3. still, i hate how they hype a game so much. it got annoying.

7. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I disagree. USC took their feet off the gas in the second half. When PSU scored to make it 31-14, USC immediately went back to the air and scored in like three plays. The last 10 points for PSU were all in the last few minutes when the game wasn't really in question. PSU was completely outmatched in that game. It really makes you want a playoff. After the P10 won all its bowl games, you wonder if it was really that weak. Did OU and UF really deserve to play each other over UT and SC? Frustrating...all I know is USC looked pretty scary good yesterday. I hate them.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't know that the game was ever in doubt after the 2nd quarter. HOWEVER, Penn State DID have the ball on about the 50, with over 3 minutes remaining. They proceeded to throw an interception. Just the same, you and I have both seen teams who THINK they have the game iced, only to see the other team scratch and claw their way back into it. 14 points in 3 minutes has been done before. That's my point. A bounce here, a tip there, and Penn State ties that game back up.