What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball ends regular season on the road @ Oregon (Thursday, 3/7/24, 7:00 PM MT; ESPN2) & OSU (Saturday, 3:00 PM MT; Pac-12 Networks)

I tip my hat to your ability to be pissed off about a 16 point walkover win. 👍
When at least half of the "bracketologists" have us as not in, maybe we should do everything we can to not get screwed over?

Seems like some of you forget the committee has done it to us before.

When at least half of the "bracketologists" have us as not in, maybe we should do everything we can to not get screwed over?

Seems like some of you forget the committee has done it to us before.
Will Ferrell Chill GIF

you need to calm down taylor swift GIF

Edit - @Robert Sorell beat me to it.
I apologize to everyone for wanting my team to do everything in their power to not let a bunch of ****wads who haven't watched them play more than 2 games from saying "sure they won on the road, but they couldn't even hold on to a significant lead" or some other bull**** excuse.

Tired of getting screwed when we could have done more to force other outcomes.

I think nothing profound has changed.

I still maintain that the catastrophic failure so many saw this team as destined for was an overreaction to road losses, to decent teams, by 1 or 2 possessions.

I think Luke played one of his best games of the season today. Getting open, played pretty damn good defense.

I think he has to stay in the starting lineup, even if Cody comes back for the tournament. Let him come off the bench until he gets his feet back.

I apologize to everyone for wanting my team to do everything in their power to not let a bunch of ****wads who haven't watched them play more than 2 games from saying "sure they won on the road, but they couldn't even hold on to a significant lead" or some other bull**** excuse.

I love you man.

First of all. We see you. We hear you. And we stand with you.

Media after today's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/3/9/mens-basketball-buffs-win-at-oregon-state-to-stretch-streak-to-six

"

Buffs Top OSU For Sixth Straight Win​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

CORVALLIS, Ore.
— Colorado put all five starters in double figures Saturday and the Buffaloes' men's basketball team collected its program-record 22nd regular season victory, a 73-57 win over Oregon State at Gill Coliseum.

Tad Boyle's Buffs won their sixth straight to improve to 22-9 overall and wrap up their Pac-12 season at 13-7. OSU fell to 13-18, 5-15.

The win also marked CU's first six-game winning streak to end a regular season since the 1954-55 season and the first six-game conference winning streak since 1996-97.

Eddie Lampkin led Colorado with 17 points on 8-for-10 shooting and 11 rebounds for his eighth double-double of the season. KJ Simpson added 15 points and seven assists, J'Vonne Hadley tallied 15 points and seven rebounds, Tristan da Silva scored 12 and Luke O'Brien chipped in 10.

Dexter Akanno led the Beavers with 15 points.

The Buffs took command early and never let up, using an early 7-0 run to grab a lead they never relinquished. CU held a 14-point edge at the break, 41-27, and extended the margin to as much as 22 in the second half as the Beavers never managed to cut the deficit to single digits again.

The Buffs were once again without the services of Cody Williams (ankle) and Julian Hammond III (knee) but they had more than enough weapons to take care of the Beavers.

Colorado shot 47.5% from the floor (29-for-61) while holding the Beavers to 37.5% shooting (21-for-56). CU also held a commanding 43-29 edge on the boards, including 15 offensive rebounds that produced 21 second-chance points.

Colorado is now 90-6 in the Boyle era when it hits the "gold standard" of holding an opponent to 40 percent shooting or less and also having at least a plus-8 rebound margin.

"Just a great win," Boyle said "I'm so proud of this team for what they've overcome this year. To win 22 games, which is more regular season games than any team in Colorado history, says a lot about this group and all we've had to overcome to do it. This team just has a toughness, a competitiveness about them and they're coming together at the right time."

The Buffs will now turn their attention to next week's Pac-12 tournament in Las Vegas. They open play Thursday at T-Mobile Arena as the third seed in a 9:30 p.m. (MT) game against the winner of the No. 6 and No. 11 seeds.

"Hopefully we're playing three games in three days and competing for a championship on Saturday night in Las Vegas," Boyle said. "But we've got to take care of business on Thursday between now and then and get our bodies right, our minds, everything right. There's no doubt in my mind, this team will be ready to go when we tip it off."

Lampkin had an excellent game on both ends of the floor.

"Eddie was dialed in tonight," Boyle said. "When Eddie's dialed in mentally like that, he is so good."

Colorado then held the Beavers at bay down the stretch as they never came closer than 12 over the final minutes.

Now the Buffs hope they can get Williams and Hammond back in time for the conference tournament and be at full strength — something that has been a rarity this year.

"It sure will be nice if we can get Cody and Julian back," Boyle said. "I don't know if we will or won't, but if we don't, we're moving this train forward and we'll be okay. But for us to be at our best, those guys coming back would be helpful."

DECISIVE MOMENT: After the Beavers pulled to within four midway through the first half, the Buffs used an 11-2 run to push their lead to double digits. OSU never came closer than six again in the first half and never cut the lead to single digits in the second half.

WHAT IT MEANS: The Buffs enter the Pac-12 tournament with plenty of momentum and confidence and they also added to their NCAA Tournament resumé with another road victory.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado shot 47.5% from the floor (29-for-61) while holding the Beavers to 37.5% shooting (21-for-56) … CU also held a commanding 43-29 edge on the boards, including 15 offensive rebounds that produced 21 second-chance points … Colorado is now 90-6 in the Boyle era when the Buffs hit the "gold standard" of holding an opponent to 40 percent shooting or less and also having at least a plus-8 rebound margin.

NEXT UP: The Buffs will be the No. 3 seed in the Pac-12 tournament and begin play next Thursday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with a 9:30 p.m. (MT) game against the winner of Wednesday's game between the No. 6 and No. 11 seeds.
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/oregon-state/boxscore/16625

Said this after Thursday-I think we're in. Having said that, I think we're close enough to the first four to where it might happen depending on how next week goes. Our half of the bracket looks like this:

We'll play the Utah/Arizona State winner. Washington State gets Stanford/Cal. That's a very doable path to the conference championship game. That would be 24 wins and 4 quad 1 wins.

Media after today's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/3/9/mens-basketball-buffs-win-at-oregon-state-to-stretch-streak-to-six

"

Buffs Top OSU For Sixth Straight Win​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

CORVALLIS, Ore.
— Colorado put all five starters in double figures Saturday and the Buffaloes' men's basketball team collected its program-record 22nd regular season victory, a 73-57 win over Oregon State at Gill Coliseum.

Tad Boyle's Buffs won their sixth straight to improve to 22-9 overall and wrap up their Pac-12 season at 13-7. OSU fell to 13-18, 5-15.

The win also marked CU's first six-game winning streak to end a regular season since the 1954-55 season and the first six-game conference winning streak since 1996-97.

Eddie Lampkin led Colorado with 17 points on 8-for-10 shooting and 11 rebounds for his eighth double-double of the season. KJ Simpson added 15 points and seven assists, J'Vonne Hadley tallied 15 points and seven rebounds, Tristan da Silva scored 12 and Luke O'Brien chipped in 10.

Dexter Akanno led the Beavers with 15 points.

The Buffs took command early and never let up, using an early 7-0 run to grab a lead they never relinquished. CU held a 14-point edge at the break, 41-27, and extended the margin to as much as 22 in the second half as the Beavers never managed to cut the deficit to single digits again.

The Buffs were once again without the services of Cody Williams (ankle) and Julian Hammond III (knee) but they had more than enough weapons to take care of the Beavers.

Colorado shot 47.5% from the floor (29-for-61) while holding the Beavers to 37.5% shooting (21-for-56). CU also held a commanding 43-29 edge on the boards, including 15 offensive rebounds that produced 21 second-chance points.

Colorado is now 90-6 in the Boyle era when it hits the "gold standard" of holding an opponent to 40 percent shooting or less and also having at least a plus-8 rebound margin.

"Just a great win," Boyle said "I'm so proud of this team for what they've overcome this year. To win 22 games, which is more regular season games than any team in Colorado history, says a lot about this group and all we've had to overcome to do it. This team just has a toughness, a competitiveness about them and they're coming together at the right time."

The Buffs will now turn their attention to next week's Pac-12 tournament in Las Vegas. They open play Thursday at T-Mobile Arena as the third seed in a 9:30 p.m. (MT) game against the winner of the No. 6 and No. 11 seeds.

"Hopefully we're playing three games in three days and competing for a championship on Saturday night in Las Vegas," Boyle said. "But we've got to take care of business on Thursday between now and then and get our bodies right, our minds, everything right. There's no doubt in my mind, this team will be ready to go when we tip it off."

Lampkin had an excellent game on both ends of the floor.

"Eddie was dialed in tonight," Boyle said. "When Eddie's dialed in mentally like that, he is so good."

Colorado then held the Beavers at bay down the stretch as they never came closer than 12 over the final minutes.

Now the Buffs hope they can get Williams and Hammond back in time for the conference tournament and be at full strength — something that has been a rarity this year.

"It sure will be nice if we can get Cody and Julian back," Boyle said. "I don't know if we will or won't, but if we don't, we're moving this train forward and we'll be okay. But for us to be at our best, those guys coming back would be helpful."

DECISIVE MOMENT: After the Beavers pulled to within four midway through the first half, the Buffs used an 11-2 run to push their lead to double digits. OSU never came closer than six again in the first half and never cut the lead to single digits in the second half.

WHAT IT MEANS: The Buffs enter the Pac-12 tournament with plenty of momentum and confidence and they also added to their NCAA Tournament resumé with another road victory.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado shot 47.5% from the floor (29-for-61) while holding the Beavers to 37.5% shooting (21-for-56) … CU also held a commanding 43-29 edge on the boards, including 15 offensive rebounds that produced 21 second-chance points … Colorado is now 90-6 in the Boyle era when the Buffs hit the "gold standard" of holding an opponent to 40 percent shooting or less and also having at least a plus-8 rebound margin.

NEXT UP: The Buffs will be the No. 3 seed in the Pac-12 tournament and begin play next Thursday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with a 9:30 p.m. (MT) game against the winner of Wednesday's game between the No. 6 and No. 11 seeds.
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/oregon-state/boxscore/16625

"Like a 270 pound ballerina..."

Back