What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosting Oregon (Thurs., 1/18/24; 8:30 PM MT; FS1) and OSU (Saturday, 5:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Net.)

Always fun reading a game thread as it evolves from "TDS sucks" and "#FireTad" to allowing a bit of enjoyment to creep in over a double digit win against the 1st place team in the conference. Maybe even a game that can be called a good performance even if it left some sour taste from myriad concerns about players and coaches and they'll probably find a way to destroy any reason for positive feelings against Oregon State. Still, enough tonight to put off firing Tad for a short while.

At 13-5 we are .5 games behind the best record in the pac-12.

You’d think reading these threads recently we not only should have fired Tad 5 years ago but also shouldn’t be rooting for this team.

Tad has a better record than preseason top 10 teams and head coaches Shaka Smart at Marquette, Tom Izzo at Michigan State. Mark Few at Gonzaga.

Same record as Doug McDemot at Creighton this year.

But #firetad!

You’d think reading these threads recently we not only should have fired Tad 5 years ago but also shouldn’t be rooting for this team.

Tad has a better record than preseason top 10 teams and head coaches Shaka Smart at Marquette, Tom Izzo at Michigan State. Mark Few at Gonzaga.

But #firetad!

Can we just not be on the bubble? Is it too much to ask?

Very very nice win Boys!
KJ is now a full member of the CU Point Guard super club. Lots of great victories leading his team
TDS gotta play angry
Cody gotta have 15-20 shots per game
Nice games from Hads and LOB
Eddie just needs to stay out of foul trouble and should get minimal touches
Suck it Dana

Can we just not be on the bubble? Is it too much to ask?
So much of that is national perception, bias and bs skewing early in season. Blind test ready:

Team 1
Record: 13-4
Losses, Tennessee at home, Providence, Penn State and Arizona by 25 + on road.
Notable wins: Virginia, Michigan State, Marquette, Nebraska (I guess)
Injuries: none: top 8 have played at 17 games
Ranking: 11

Team 2:
Record: 13-5
Losses: Arizona (doubled up), ASU, Cal, CSU all on Road, and Florida State neutral
Notable Wins: Oregon, Miami (neutral), Washington, Washington State
Injuries: 4 of top 9 have played all 17 games
Ranking: not receiving any votes

Injuries, conference perception, bias, and name recognition matter way too much in college basketball.

Colorado is having a good year. Wisconsin is other team if curious.

Couple games ago, I questioned whether Cody was really as good as advertised, was he really “one and done” material … tonight certainly went along way to proving that. He attacks the basket at a level we haven’t had in, well, maybe ever.

As for Tad, great win tonight, but we’ve seen this many many times before. We own Oregon in Boulder. Go out and get 3-4 solid road wins, and I’ll gladly admit that the FireTad talk is BS.

But #firetad!

But #firetad!
We just need some road wins. Are we the only team in the PAC 12 without one?

Always fun reading a game thread as it evolves from "TDS sucks" and "#FireTad" to allowing a bit of enjoyment to creep in over a double digit win against the 1st place team in the conference. Maybe even a game that can be called a good performance even if it left some sour taste from myriad concerns about players and coaches and they'll probably find a way to destroy any reason for positive feelings against Oregon State. Still, enough tonight to put off firing Tad for a short while.

Meh. I find it derivative.

I also think DaSilva is just learning how to play with Williams on the court. I think we're lucky to have a senior who's become an elite scorer who's also willing to defend and rebound. But WTF do I know, apparently he sucks.

So much of that is national perception, bias and bs skewing early in season. Blind test ready:

Team 1
Record: 13-4
Losses, Tennessee at home, Providence, Penn State and Arizona by 25 + on road.
Notable wins: Virginia, Michigan State, Marquette, Nebraska (I guess)
Injuries: none: top 8 have played at 17 games
Ranking: 11

Team 2:
Record: 13-5
Losses: Arizona (doubled up), ASU, Cal, CSU all on Road, and Florida State neutral
Notable Wins: Oregon, Miami (neutral), Washington, Washington State
Injuries: 4 of top 9 have played all 17 games
Ranking: not receiving any votes

Injuries, conference perception, bias, and name recognition matter way too much in college basketball.

Colorado is having a good year. Wisconsin is other team if curious.
I don’t think this proves what you want it to prove. There’s a vast difference in the quality of wins and losses between those two teams.

The lows have been frustrating and jarring at times - I definitely thought we were donezo after that terrible first half against USC following the 3 game losing streak. But the highs have been really fun. Would love just a pinch more defense. Really hoping we can figure out a way to sneak into the tournament because although I’m super biased, this feels like a tournament team. Star power and a fun squad to watch when they’re rolling.

Also Cody going left seems to always result in a bucket, a foul, or both.

Nice to leave the PAC-12 with Dana never beating Tad in Boulder (if only Tad hadn’t gotten Covid we could have been perfect as a team).

Back