What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at Oregon (Thursday, 1/26/23, 7:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & OSU (Saturday, 8:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

This "team" is playing with a top 15 recruiting class from 2 years ago.

How in the **** do you take a top 15 class and completely miss post season play, and put this absolute pile of **** on the court?

For years, Tad has filled his roster with “athletic” wings … the vast majority of which pose ZERO offensive threat. That’s the case again this year. And now it’s compounded by having only one guard that can create and score. And so when he’s off, we’re cooked. Tad should be embarassed bringing in Gabbidon and Wright.

So fire Tad, eh?
Well, it may be about time to discuss Tad's retirement. Didn't think I'd be saying that for a few more seasons, but this season is on him. No leadership on this team, and when there's no leadership on the court, it's up to the coach to lead. Fire RG when the Prime expirment leads to a 5-7 season, make Tad AD and bring in a new hoops coach.

PG play has been a problem. KJ is not a facilitator or assist PG. Nor is Hammond.

The two PG's combined FG shooting 5 for 38 (13%) in the past two games. While combining to average 3 assists per game over those same games. That is absolute garbage statistically. The PG shooting is taking the Buffs out of games and the lack of assisting teammates furthers that issue.

Tad needs to get a PG who can facilitate, KJ can be a combo guard. He's amazing when he's dropping 30, but that doesn't happen frequently and his assists don't warrant him being a true PG. Another problem is KJ has to score because the SG scoring is lethargic.
Love Tad but he needs to adjust.

He has always been in love with the idea of having five guys on the floor who could play multiple positions on either end of the court. Outside of a few guys he couldn't pass up (Lovering I.E.) he has tried to recruit for "positionless basketball" guards who could play 1,2, or 3, wings who could play 2-4, etc.

What he hasn't picked up though is that his teams have always been better when he had a someone with a pure point skills and attitude. Doesn't have to be cookie cutter, Kin and the Mayor are two very different players but each was "the" man in charge on the floor, each made the offense work not just for themselves but for everyone on the team.

KJ has shown at times point guard skills but he doesn't have a point guard mentality. He isn't making other players better and when he isn't being efficient himself he hurts the team.

So you think he should retire and become the AD? That is a ridiculous take.
No, I don't think it is. Tad should play out next season with Williams and Diop and then hang it up. At that point, 61 years old, one of the top 2 most successful mens hoops coaches in CU history and knows how to manage money and funding. He's smarter than RG and the grind of the transfer portal and NIL is wearing him down as a coach. Perfect time to retire and end the RG reign of terror for hoops.

For years, Tad has filled his roster with “athletic” wings … the vast majority of which pose ZERO offensive threat. That’s the case again this year. And now it’s compounded by having only one guard that can create and score. And so when he’s off, we’re cooked. Tad should be embarassed bringing in Gabbidon and Wright.
The fact that he keeps playing those two despite the fact this is a completely lost season (and it's his fault) is more embarrassing than the fact he brought them in.

So you think he should retire and become the AD? That is a ridiculous take.

Boyle needs to be terminated, but he'll get one more year because of one 5 star recruit. His lazy ass recruiting and terrible talent evaluation prior to this year has led to such gems as Julian Hammond, LOB, Lovering and the two Ivy League transfers. CU is paying him $2.5 mm to produce this god awful product in his 13th year!

As a long time season ticket holder, I personally am done attending games this year.

This team sucks and this season is a total failure. But these takes are SCORCHING hot.
Which ones, the takes where the team is a joke, or the ones where tad has no ownership of the failure nor the ability to make anything that resembles a change?

Boyle needs to be terminated, but he'll get one more year because of one 5 star recruit. His lazy ass recruiting and terrible talent evaluation prior to this year has led to such gems as Julian Hammond, LOB, Lovering and the two Ivy League transfers. CU is paying him $2.5 mm to produce this god awful product in his 13th year!

As a long time season ticket holder, I personally am done attending games this year.
I'm not happy with the product, but ****ting on LOB and Lovering? That's dumb.

Like there's guys that deserve the vitriol, but LOB is a good rotation player, and LL is difference maker on defense.

The fact that he keeps playing those two despite the fact this is a completely lost season (and it's his fault) is more embarrassing than the fact he brought them in.
Exactly. Losses at Cal and OSU are completley horrendous. I'm firs in line to honor Tad as turning CU men's hoops into a solid program, but you can't lose these games. KJ 3-26 on this road trip is completely unacceptable. Bench him. When your lead guard has as many TOs as FGs on a road trip, it's time to sit him. And it's on Tad that there's no reliable backup.

Goodbye GIF

You are a ****ing idiot.

I hate everything about what tad has done this year, and I still know this is ****ing dumb

I'm also a season ticket holder for 11 years and I bring my 7 and 5 year olds to nearly every game. I'll be at the Cal and Stanford games but is it really worth it? It's okay to acknowlege that Tad is one of the best men's bb coaches in CU history while still pointing out major shortcomings.

I know it's been beaten to death, but can't we just throw Quincy out there and see what happens?

Honestly...it can't be worse than losing to Cal

You're mssing the point. Quincy Allen can't play on one of the worst rosters in the PAC 12. He is not a P5 player, and he's another huge miss by Boyle and his team of crack talent evaluators.

You're mssing the point. Quincy Allen can't play on one of the worst rosters in the PAC 12. He is not a P5 player, and he's another huge miss by Boyle and his team of crack talent evaluators.
Wrong! He's our most talented player. Easily.

He'd be playing on any team that didn't have a stubborn ass for a coach.

Let me explain. This isn't the first, and it won't be the last time that a coach does t play a guy because they don't see eye to eye on how to play the game. Gabbidon and Wright might be committed to playing Tad Ball, but if you think they're better basketball players than Allen, you're a moron.

Dude, if want to have a real basketball program, then Tad should absolutely be on the hot seat.

You seem like an unabashed Tad fanboy right now who isn't rooted in the reality of how bad he's doing this year.
The team sucks and the season is a failure, and yes, the buck ultimately stops with Tad. But the same people who have been calling for him to get fired for years and years calling for him to get fired again? Yeah, I’m not going to listen to them. Maybe, just maybe, the winningest coach in program history should have a little leeway to recover from a failed season.

This season is on the following.

1. Tad
2. Clifford
3. Wright
4. Gabbidon
5. Hammond
6. KJ
Fairly accurate until KJ … dude’s a sophomore and is literally the only truly dangerous player in this team. (Ok, yeah, Da Silva most of the time.) KJ has sucked recently but the fact is, you take him off this team and we’re prolly 7-16 and Tad’s seat is getting real warm. As it is, this will likely end as a losing season …

The team sucks and the season is a failure, and yes, the buck ultimately stops with Tad. But the same people who have been calling for him to get fired for years and years calling for him to get fired again? Yeah, I’m not going to listen to them. Maybe, just maybe, the winningest coach in program history should have a little leeway to recover from a failed season.
He does have leeway. One more season.

Back