What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at USC (Thursday, 1/12/23, 7:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & #7 UCLA (Saturday, 6:00 PM MT, Fox)

Also, we were up 9 points with how much time left, and you act like this game was unwinnable...
Not unwinnable. They gave us a window of opportunity by going 0/15 from 3. They're the best 3pt shooting team in the Pac-12. That wasn't going to continue and a run was coming. We didn't respond remotely competently to that run. A team like that which has been on a streak, has that much talent, and has been there before is going to try to overwhelm you and not let up once they feel desperation or smell blood in the water. We did not respond well and it went beyond not having the top gear they do.

And, yes, I think Tad did a poor job tonight because he didn't have an answer and failed to reach his team. Cronin is the better coach, too.

I'm frustrated because we put ourselves in position after 30 minutes of basketball. But I knew what we were facing and there's not a lot you can do when a team like that smells blood in the water.

The USC game is the one that pissed me off. We didn't get fight from the whole team in that one and blew a game we needed. That one, ASU, Cal, Grambling, UMass and Boise State are all games I felt we would have won if everyone had just been focused and playing hard for 40 minutes.
We rolled over like a bloated fish. No fight, no want, no try. No leadership, either from the player nor the coach.

100% quit.

Refs aren't to blame here, and I'm all for blaming refs.

If UCLA had stayed "ice cold" you'd be lauding or defense and screaming "Tad Ball" from the rooftops!

Blame Tad when it's deserved. He's far from being beyond criticism.
I didn't blame the refs. I said they allowed a certain type of game style that favors UCLA. I agree with that. They're at home. Officiate to their preferred style.

You don't know me very well if you think I'd be saying or thinking that. When I watch games, whichever way it's going with either team being hot or cold, I'm always saying "What's gonna happen when this reverts to mean?" And, fyi, tonight was not Tadball. Even when we were leading, we didn't protect the glass and got outhustled. It was Mickball.

I didn’t see the 2nd half. MIL is in town and we went out for one of the worst meals I’ve had in a long time. Sounds like a better experience than the 2nd half of this game.
Even if you ate wherever the old Casa Bonita chef is currently employed, your meal was more enjoyable than those final 12-ish minutes.

Not calling a TO certainly isn't why we lost but it could have changed the course of the game if called early on enough. Granted, given how the tide changed so drastically it likely wouldn't have mattered

Not unwinnable. They gave us a window of opportunity by going 0/15 from 3. They're the best 3pt shooting team in the Pac-12. That wasn't going to continue and a run was coming. We didn't respond remotely competently to that run. A team like that which has been on a streak, has that much talent, and has been there before is going to try to overwhelm you and not let up once they feel desperation or smell blood in the water. We did not respond well and it went beyond not having the top gear they do.

And, yes, I think Tad did a poor job tonight because he didn't have an answer and failed to reach his team. Cronin is the better coach, too.
Yet you defend not taking a timeout, not trying to halt the enormous momentum swing that was happening.
I didn't blame the refs. I said they allowed a certain type of game style that favors UCLA. I agree with that. They're at home. Officiate to their preferred style.

You don't know me very well if you think I'd be saying or thinking that. When I watch games, whichever way it's going with either team being hot or cold, I'm always saying "What's gonna happen when this reverts to mean?" And, fyi, tonight was not Tadball. Even when we were leading, we didn't protect the glass and got outhustled. It was Mickball.

I'd buy this crap if we ever, and I mean ****ING EVER, got the God damn home whistle. But we don't. For the most seasoned, arguably one of the best coaches in the conference. And we aren't allowed to play our game, at home or on the road. So **** that argument. Call the ****ing game according to the God damn rules, not according to how the home team (except the buffs) "wants" to play.

Yet you defend not taking a timeout, not trying to halt the enormous momentum swing that was happening.

I'd buy this crap if we ever, and I mean ****ING EVER, got the God damn home whistle. But we don't. For the most seasoned, arguably one of the best coaches in the conference. And we aren't allowed to play our game, at home or on the road. So **** that argument. Call the ****ing game according to the God damn rules, not according to how the home team (except the buffs) "wants" to play.
I defend not calling a timeout. I really don't like using them before the last 4 minutes and expect the team to play through rough patches. I'd probably only call one if I got fed up with lack of effort. I also know that's not the norm, so it's open to criticism.

On the officiating, it's not that black & white with the rules. Points of emphasis, how much and what type of contact you allow within a contact sport, favoring the home team on 50/50 calls. I've bitched for years that CU doesn't get much home cooking.

I defend not calling a timeout. I really don't like using them before the last 4 minutes and expect the team to play through rough patches. I'd probably only call one if I got fed up with lack of effort. I also know that's not the norm, so it's open to criticism.

On the officiating, it's not that black & white with the rules. Points of emphasis, how much and what type of contact you allow within a contact sport, favoring the home team on 50/50 calls. I've bitched for years that CU doesn't get much home cooking.
We took 2 timeouts home with us today. Those will be really ****ing useful next week, I guess.

Just once, I'd like to use them early, stop the God damn run, and lose by 1 at the end case we don't have them.

Instead, we (and by we, I mean Tad) ****ing stubborns his ****ing way into a 14 pt blowout - because make no mistake, this was a ****ing blowout, in order to make a point, or show his team they can't rely on him to help out, or . . .

This team is young. Everyone said that goingninto thw season. Yet Tad coaches it like there are 4 ****ing seniors on the court at any given time, who will always know what to do, how to react, how to not to get run on like that.

Tad is beyond privledged to have had the senior leadership he has had recently, and his stubbornness has made him lazy to do anything other than let them play through it and assume they will know what to do. He needs to treat this team like the young, leader less team it is, until proven otherwise.

Just finally watched the game
Furkkkkk
Coulda woulda shoulda won by 20 points, not lose by a ton
Reffing was turrible, ever UCLA player shoulda fouled out
Passing against the press and pressure was awful and that is equal parts coaching and player. Try pump fakes, try coming to the ball.
Getting balls swiped by nearby players is coaching
Being terrible around the rim is coaching! Our guys have no fakes or creativity around the rim.
And, I will give LL credit for effort and some good plays, but he is still terrible when the ball is passed to him low, he gets swiped, he drops it low, he gets blocked, and he fouls way to much. Fouls, turnovers, etc are negative plays and he is still 50/50 good and bad
Nique is really bad right now
Tad not calling timeout or timeouts during that run was bad coaching, period
Most frustrating game I have ever watched

I'll be one of the first in line to give Tad his deserved amount of criticism. I absolutely hate basketball based on defense and rebounding, and we're generally a very boring team to watch.

Nothing in his head turns off. That's some cliche stuff and it's silly.
Still think we get the same TDS on the road that we do at home?

Pac 12 POTW to 10 pts, 3 TOs, 0 assists, 2 boards.

Dude is a different player on the road, and it's an absolute killer from what should be our most senior leader.

Back