What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at USC (Thursday, 1/12/23, 7:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & #7 UCLA (Saturday, 6:00 PM MT, Fox)

Is Colorado always this bad at passing the ball? It's the one constant in this game.

I ****ingntold you he wouldn't call one until our 9 pt lead turned into an 8 pt deficit.

**** Tad and his God damn time out usage.

Gave this God damn game away.
Serious question on this. Has he ever explained his philosophy? Over the many years I've been watching his teams, I've seen this happen over and over again. There's a lot to like about Tad but I just don't get why he won't call timeouts in important games when we have the lead and it's slipping away.

Serious question on this. Has he ever explained his philosophy? Over the many years I've been watching his teams, I've seen this happen over and over again. There's a lot to like about Tad but I just don't get why he won't call timeouts in important games when we have the lead and it's slipping away.
Time outs have far more value at the end of a game. Tad didn’t use his timeouts two weeks ago against Stanford, the usual suspects bitched and bitched, and all 3 of them got used in the last two minutes to secure the win.
The under 8 time out came in the middle of the run that you’re all bitching about now, and we came out of the timeout and turned it over, ucla 3, then another turnover. Time outs aren’t some special elixir. Especially when you really are out matched. And we are outmatched against UCLA.

Possibly give the guys a chance to compose themselves. They were not in control and were shook.

CU had the maximum timeouts possible at that point in the game.
Maybe. In retrospect it couldn't have caused a worse outcome. I guess where I come from is that the best coach I ever had followed the John Wooden philosophy of making us play through it and figure ourselves out. It made us mentally tough as the season progressed.

Time outs have far more value at the end of a game. Tad didn’t use his timeouts two weeks ago against Stanford, the usual suspects bitched and bitched, and all 3 of them got used in the last two minutes to secure the win.
The under 8 time out came in the middle of the run that you’re all bitching about now, and we came out of the timeout and turned it over, ucla 3, then another turnover. Time outs aren’t some special elixir. Especially when you really are out matched. And we are outmatched against UCLA.
When youre on the road, you don't allow more than three straight baskets before calling a TO

Yeah. They're not valuable when you can't draw up a f****** play to save your life.

We could have 47 timeouts left, but if you're down 138 pts, it doesn't ****ing matter

Back