What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - (RV) Men's bball on the road vs. #20/21 CSU (Wed., 11/29/23, 7:00 PM) & hosting Pepperdine (Sunday, 3:00 PM MT)

I'm pretty disappointed with our defense especially in the first half. The positive I took from this game is that we are really good when Cody takes over and he's starting to do so more frequently.

We should try to get more of these McDonald's All-Americans.

No...it's a bad loss to a team with way less talent and size than us.

Doesn't matter who they beat or if they're ranked.

Losing to CSU should not happen, ever.
The stats say we should not have lost
CSU had some scrubs hit some 3's early and we were ice cold
Foul calls were not even either, we shot 10 less and were way more aggressive
Miss a bunch of 3's and don't go to the line and you lose
You could tell early that Lampkin was not a fit for this small ball game, but Tad did not see it till half
TDS could score 40 points a game if he attacked anything, he is now to be nicknamed "The Sloth"
KJ and Cody are studs, top shelf studs

The stats say we should not have lost
CSU had some scrubs hit some 3's early and we were ice cold
Foul calls were not even either, we shot 10 less and were way more aggressive
Miss a bunch of 3's and don't go to the line and you lose
You could tell early that Lampkin was not a fit for this small ball game, but Tad did not see it till half
TDS could score 40 points a game if he attacked anything, he is now to be nicknamed "The Sloth"
KJ and Cody are studs, top shelf studs
We were pretty dead even on trips to the line until we started fouling at the end.

We were pretty dead even on trips to the line until we started fouling at the end.

kaitlin olson nba GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

FT’s shouldn’t have been close. But the refs disagreed. I know I’m biased and it’s hard to tell watching on TV, but IT SEEMED like we were getting some pretty weak calls against us while they were not getting calls for a lot of hacking. Maybe someone who was actually there could educate me.

Regardless, we played like dog doo in the first half and deserved our poor fate.

FT’s shouldn’t have been close. But the refs disagreed. I know I’m biased and it’s hard to tell watching on TV, but IT SEEMED like we were getting some pretty weak calls against us while they were not getting calls for a lot of hacking. Maybe someone who was actually there could educate me.

Regardless, we played like dog doo in the first half and deserved our poor fate.
The foul on Hadley was actually a foul on them. The last Jump ball call was BS. I'm biased too but it seemed they weren't allowing us to play D. They called touch fouls on us while letting CSU get away with them. The tech on Tad hurt but Idk if it was warranted or not. I didn't see what Tad did.

The foul on Hadley was actually a foul on them. The last Jump ball call was BS. I'm biased too but it seemed they weren't allowing us to play D. They called touch fouls on us while letting CSU get away with them. The tech on Tad hurt but Idk if it was warranted or not. I didn't see what Tad did.
Oh, the tech was DEFINITELY warranted, and probably intentional.

He went after (not padilla) ref for a good minute, including all the way through the first CSU free throw.

Distressing. Played one ok team and one good team and lost to both. Its always "Wait until next year."

What are you thinking realistically? Mid pack- Pac, NIT bid that half the team won't want to play in? Sigh.

35 on KP. Which I think is VERY generous. Teams below us like Cincy, Memphis and Miami would beat us running away. Princeton etc would be a handful.

You watch a team like SJU lead Nova last night all game. They lost to TAMU-C then almost beat UK at Rupp then take down a hot Nova team last night. Why? Because after a bad loss they got back to their strengths. They are slower and smaller then Nova on the inside so they did other things.

For us always more of the same. There wasn't one second last night I thought Colorado would win. And that's CSU we are playing , not.....Kansas FFS.

Woke up feeling bummed over this.

Yesterday, I was agreeing with another poster that this game was as close to a "must win" as it comes this early.

After three games, I really believed this year CU had a tournament team with a good shot to get to the second weekend. I expected us to be in contention for the conference championship.

RN, I'm really worried.

I like Boyle just fine, but I don't perceive him as being a great motivator and I'm not recalling a year where his team really turned it around after early disappointments. I hope he shows me I'm wrong. I hope I'm overreacting.

I'll root for CSU to win the MWC, help our SoS and represent the state. I believe it would benefit CU if CSU was a perennial mid-major tournament team and the annual game became a rivalry with national interest.

Most of us would have no problem letting Tad watch our 5 year-old daughters, unchaperoned. He is a nice guy, through and through.
The players he recruits are, almost to a man, nice guys.
That probably will not change.

I'm hoping CW has been holding back a little - out of respect for TDS, and to find his role. and, I think that's over. Cody is going to blossom and, with KJ, take charge. TDS will be a lesser option, will be more comfortable, will do well.

Let's not kid ourselves, last night was a BAD loss. Not from the perspective of rankings or RPI or NET, but because we were supposed to be THAT TEAM this year. We were supposed to have made that next step to be a Top 25 team that had the potential to really do something in the tournament. We were supposed to be who CSU is at the moment.

We are not that team. We have been exposed. Both FSU and CSU figured us out before we stepped on the court and if we don't change some things, others will follow the formula. Miami is going to slap us like they're our daddy.

Can we still have a successful year? Absolutely. But Tad needs to figure some sh!t out ASAP.

this positivity coming from Lama after a loss is a bit unsettling

Let’s talk Hadley
I like the young man a lot, BUT, he is essentially playing the KCP role/Shooting/Combo guard and he cannot even hit a 3-pointer. He does not even threaten shooting a 3 or a long 2, so in a 5 out style he is useless. We were the most effective with O’Brien at the 4/5 cause he can shoot 3’s and Hammond.
My point is Lampkin is not a dominant 5, but a nice energy guy big matchup option and if Hadley cannot shoot a 3, then switch it up.

I like how the team fought back in the 2d half. Once lamps was benched (wtf was with him last night?) they went on a run. CSU had an answer for every run, and between that and the refs we ran out of steam.

This team can't handle good defenses that pressure the ball without turning the ball over. Too many guys with holes in their games that can't score. When we had to go with LOB & Hadley at the same time, we got the negatives of playing a true five without the positives. LOB has given up on his shot and Hadley is still unable to shoot. Just lets teams pack it in and guard TDS, Cody, and 2 (or Julian) and that's that.

That said, they still got it close in a hostile environment despite getting shellacked early and having 2of 5 starters, including their star, playing like absolute garbage (TDS, woof).

But now we got to beat Miami if this team wants to meet their goals going forward. No more slip ups allowed in non con.

I like how the team fought back in the 2d half. Once lamps was benched (wtf was with him last night?) they went on a run. CSU had an answer for every run, and between that and the refs we ran out of steam.

This team can't handle good defenses that pressure the ball without turning the ball over. Too many guys with holes in their games that can't score. When we had to go with LOB & Hadley at the same time, we got the negatives of playing a true five without the positives. LOB has given up on his shot and Hadley is still unable to shoot. Just lets teams pack it in and guard TDS, Cody, and 2 (or Julian) and that's that.

That said, they still got it close in a hostile environment despite getting shellacked early and having 2of 5 starters, including their star, playing like absolute garbage (TDS, woof).

But now we got to beat Miami if this team wants to meet their goals going forward. No more slip ups allowed in non con.
really good perspective, notably on the second half fight. thanks.

Let's not kid ourselves, last night was a BAD loss. Not from the perspective of rankings or RPI or NET, but because we were supposed to be THAT TEAM this year. We were supposed to have made that next step to be a Top 25 team that had the potential to really do something in the tournament. We were supposed to be who CSU is at the moment.

We are not that team. We have been exposed. Both FSU and CSU figured us out before we stepped on the court and if we don't change some things, others will follow the formula. Miami is going to slap us like they're our daddy.

Can we still have a successful year? Absolutely. But Tad needs to figure some sh!t out ASAP.

We're three teams away from the top 25 and lost to a higher ranked team. I don't see how that's BAD or "exposed" compared to
supposed to have made that next step to be a Top 25 team

Did TDS lose a girlfriend or something? Dude has no interest in playing the game right now.

All the talent in the world does you no good if you have no intention of using it.

We're three teams away from the top 25 and lost to a higher ranked team. I don't see how that's BAD or "exposed" compared to
We'll be further away in the next poll. But, I digress. The point is we should be where CSU is and moving up. That is what this team was supposed to be. We're not seeing that and something needs to be done to correct it.

We'll be further away in the next poll. But, I digress. The point is we should be where CSU is and moving up. That is what this team was supposed to be. We're not seeing that and something needs to be done to correct it.
They're ranked ~10 spots away from each other and the home team won by 5. I don't get the point you are trying to make about how much better of a spot CSU is in.

They're ranked ~10 spots away from each other and the home team won by 5. I don't get the point you are trying to make about how much better of a spot CSU is in.
Man for man, CSU is worse than CU at almost every position, or essentially should be, or the lineup is wrong
KJ is the best PG over Stevens
Cody was the BEST overall talent on the floor
TDS if there was a fire under his ass is better than Clifford or any other wing scrub
Hammond and O'Brien can match up or should beat headband boy or other guys.
We are not playing hard enough, we are not shooting 3's well enough, and we are not brining what is perceived to be the right physicality to the party that the refs will not bury us with junk fouls.

Did TDS lose a girlfriend or something? Dude has no interest in playing the game right now.

All the talent in the world does you no good if you have no intention of using it.
agree, it does seem from both his play and his body language (caveat -- I'm no psychologist) that something changed two weeks ago.

The point is, CU was believed by Tad, the media, all of us... to be the team that should've been undefeated, ranked in the Top 25 and moving up at this point. All signs are showing we are not that team for some reason. We are trending the wrong way. Something needs to be adjusted.

We'll win out the non-con schedule at home, but lose to Miami. Likely beat UW and WSU to start 2-0 in conference. But after that, there are games on the conference schedule that I thought we're wins that look like potential loses at the moment. 25 wins is looking more like 19-20 at this point TBH.

When we were on vacation we had two rounds of golf booked. The first round I could not hit the ball worth a damned. I was so distressed I told myself, “This is it. I’m done after this trip. No more golf.” I was truly distraught.

Then, on the 14th hole, I totally flushed a drive. That swing thought took over and I played great those last 4 holes and that carried over for the next round.

I think (hope) that in the second half the Buffs found their swing. They discovered their chemistry. I believe that will carry over as the season goes on.

How’s that for an analogy?!! 😂

I don't know where I stand on this I mean CSU made Creighton look second rate and they didn't even play that well. I'm going to go with the Buffs need to step up their game. I think CSU is legit this year.

CSU is a good team(top 20). CSU was favored. We played CSU in their building, CSU got a little home-cooking from the refs. We came out flat. We lost on the road (like most teams do in even match-ups in college basketball).

This happens every year to almost every team in the NCAA, yet the shock and handwrining never changes on here.

It is like no one gambles on college hoops.

CSU is a good team(top 20). CSU was favored. We played CSU in their building, CSU got a little home-cooking from the refs. We came out flat. We lost on the road (like most teams do in even match-ups in college basketball).

This happens every year to almost every team in the NCAA, yet the shock and handwrining never changes on here.

It is like no one gambles on college hoops.
I have no concerns when CU plays at home. Hell, we could probably run the table at home this year. But, I have concerns with this team when they go on the road. They look totally different. And it's not just "every team has a hard time on the road" thing. They literally look like a different team.

Back