1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Shane and Nate on this kid

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by jcatcher, Jun 6, 2012.

1. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

Ben Simmons, 6'8" 2015 prospect from Australia. He was at a camp in Long Beach recently and stole the show. His dad played professionally in Australia.

I know that St. Mary's roster is full of Aussies, but this kid projects to a higher level.

2. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

The kid looks interesting good find!

The blog was excruciating to read with one horrible Aussie joke after another.

3. tyler

tyler New Member

LOL Heywood, I take it you a Aussie. I didn't think the article was making fun of your countrymen. No need to get your panties all up in a bunch. Seemed like it was well written to me, plus with sports articles ALWAYS the same old mundane stuff, it's nice to see a change of pace. I actually liked the didgeridoo reference and the video it played was pretty cool. Aborigines are a fascinating culture. And if Ben becomes big-time, which he looks like he's well on his way, just remember it was this "excruciating" article that told you bout him first.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Wow! Your first post and you nailed it. Haywood is, indeed, an Aussie!

5. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

Bumping this because of this story in the Camera saying that Nate is going to play professionally for the Melbourne Tigers, the same team this kid's dad played for. The kid also lives in Melbourne.