1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gillam the Most Intriguing recruit?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by WizzersGhost, Feb 8, 2013.

1. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

Strolling through the recruiting resumes and noticed that greyshirt LB Addison Gillam went from not playing any sport until he played FB as a junior in HS, to being named MVP on his team and making all-league as a senior. Quite a leap!

Played tailback (as HCMM likes his LBs to do), even returned punts. Wonder what his youth sports background was? Soccer, I'll wager. Good footwork, decent speed, good athleticism. Looks youngish, with room to grow in the weightroom and likely doesn't have bad habits to overcome, having played only two years of FB.

Will be interesting to follow him this spring and beyond.

2. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

So what you're saying is he is the 2013 class version of Nembot? Let's hope the sky's the limit then.

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Played small school though so really hard to know. Position of need though.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

We are far enough of the radar of the blue chip guys that we need some of these unknown guys to hit.

Seems like M2 went after a lot of kids who have room to develop both physically and skillwise. This is a risky strategy because if guys don't step up you are spending schollies on guys who aren't going to contribute but if you do hit kids like this one could turn into difference makers.

5. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Sort of stating the obvious there Mtn.

6. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Not really,

The last few years of Hawkins we were recruiting a lot of guys who were already pretty close to their limits. Guys who were "good effort" guys but who lacked the size, speed, or skill to play at the major conference level and who were very unlikely to develop to that level. A lot of WAC/MWC/Sun Belt level athletes. JE looked to be recruiting at a higher level but seemed to be reverting to Hawkins type of kids this year before getting fired.

7. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

I think this is the kid that a poster noted has been hitting the weight room really hard GS year. Apparently he has really begun to bulk up/fill out. Will be interesting to see if he arrives as a true LB option.

8. Turnleft

Turnleft Club Member Club Member

It would appear the bio is somewhat lacking..... Not to quell the enthusiasm, but I know he played football from age 6. AAU and HS basketball and ran track (part of a record setting 4x100 team). He did only play 2 years of Varsity football (his coach said it was his single biggest coaching mistake, ever...) and I wonder if that's the confusion. Otherwise, I think Wizzer's evaluation is spot on.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013