1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glen Gallegos - CANDIDATE- University of Colorado Regent - 3rd Congressional District

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Elected Officials and Polit' started by dio, Oct 15, 2012.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Glen Gallegos

[​IMG]

Phone: N/A
    Email: Glen@GlenGallegosCURegent.com

Education: Bachelors of Arts - Western State College, Masters of Arts - University of Northern Colorado

Job: President of Operations - The Gallegos Company (construction)
    Term: Running for 2012 - 2018

CANDIDATE- University of Colorado Regent-3rd Congressional District(R)

Bio: Glen is a graduate of Western State College where he earned a Bachelor of Arts. He earned his Masters at the University of Northern Colorado, and has completed pre-doctorial work at the University of Denver.

Glen worked for 26 years as a teacher, coach, principal and Executive Director of Instruction for Eagle and Mesa County. He retired in 1997 and joined the family construction business, The Gallegos Corporation, as the President of Operations. From 2005 - 2009 he was a member of the Mesa State Board of Trustees and was Chairman of the Board in 2007 - 2008.

Glen currently serves on the Governor's Education Statewide Leadership Council.

Effects on Athletics:

Response to Allbuffs Question and Answer:

Quotes regarding athletics:

Darth Snow likes this.
  2. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Honestly, I have no idea whether this guy would be any better for athletics than the woman from Aspen.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Don't know either one of them, and it isn't my district but I noticed in this guys bio that he has some coaching background. Might mean that he knows the impact that athletics can have in kids lives and an understanding of how athletics can fit into an overall program, even if it was at a secondary level rather than post-secondary.

5. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

His family's company did the masonry on my commercial buildings and the stone work on my house. Other than the first class job they do, I have no idea about the guy.

As for the girl from Carbondale, I did see her speak in Parachute a few months ago and was not impressed at all, she had the maturity of a high school girl. She is all about the dems dominating the Regents so they wont allow guns on campus; and she wants tuition to decrease, but has no solution, she just thinks its bad.

6. allbuffs

allbuffs Administrator

Thanks to Glen for taking the time to answer some questions. It is much appreciated.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

wow. that's some great information. Does allbuffs (or will it) officially endorse any particular trustee?

8. sackman

I wish I could vote for this guy.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I can... :thumbsup:

10. sackman

Well make sure you get about 20,000 of your closest friends and relatives to do the same.

11. dio

At this point, no. I think everything is fairly obvious - but we're waiting to see how many responses we get back before diving too far into it

12. fatbuff

I already did.

13. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Given Gallegos' coaching background and his collegiate football playing days, this guy is friendly to Athletics at CU.

Allbuffs.com should endorse Glen Gallegos District 3 Regent.

14. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Sounds like what I wish I could vote for. CU is the flagship university in Colorado and we should never settle for anything less than excellence. It sounds like he understands that. I don't know that competing for a NC every couple of years is realistic but you are never going to get there unless you shoot for it.

It also sounds like he has a grasp on the role of athletics, especially football in the public perception of the school and in the school experience.

I'd vote for him if I could. His experience in both business and in education sounds like he would be an assett to the board in many ways.

15. dio

Should we wait to see what the other candidate says or just hop on board here and now?

16. Junction

Facts? We don't need no steenking facts...

17. fatbuff

The other candidate is out of her league. Her priorities are making CU affordable, and keeping firearms off campus.

18. dio

Irrelevant to this thread and this forum. She gets the opportunity to interview also, or decline the interview.

19. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

vote for glen! vote for glen! vote for glen! vote as many times as you can!

20. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Re: Glen Gallegos 3rd District

Man crush.

You Go Glen!

21. sackman

I think she deserves the opportunity to respond to the questionnaire. However, she can't be given all the time in the world to do so, either. I'd give her a couple days, and then endorse the candidate that at least had the willingness to respond. That goes for the lady in the 7th, too. I may not like what she said, but if she's willing to respond, and her opponent isn't, then that says a lot, too.

22. Junction

Our election bureau is still efforting more of these, but I'm not sure exactly who he's getting responses from, or when he might have the interviews...

23. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Glen Gallegos is my clear winner! He played football, coached football and is adamant advocate for athletics.

Run Gallegos Run.

24. Fasciolidae

Fasciolidae Member

This guy played football and was a wrestler. Later, he was a coach. He seemed to view the athletic experiences he had as a plus in his own personal development. He runs his own company. You ever deal with construction workers on a day to day basis while untangling yourself with all the red tape inherent in that industry? Not sure what else needs to be said. I believe he is the only candidate which should be considered.