1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good News Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buff4bcs1985, May 7, 2008.

1. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

Starting Seminoles left tackle Rose ruled ineligible
    Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- School officials say one of Florida State's starting offensive tackles is ineligible for the 2008 season.

Daron Rose started 11 games at the critical left tackle position last fall for FSU. The 285-pound offensive lineman from Tampa will attend a junior college in a bid to regain eligibility.

Redshirt freshman Antwane Greenlee will move into Rose's spot for the beginning of fall practice in August.

Rose's departure is the second this week for the Seminoles, who are coming off successive 7-6 seasons as they prepare for their first season with Bobby Bowden's coaching successor, Jimbo Fisher, now formally in place.

Florida State will also be without another half dozen of its top players for the first three games because of a classroom cheating scandal in a music history class attended by a large number of athletes

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3385556

2. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

That's too bad. I was looking forward to a win over the Seminoles without any excuses from them.

3. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Be careful what you call good news. A quick search on rivals reveals that his replacement might be pretty good (and he's much bigger):

Antwane Greenlee

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

How do you fail to remain academically eligible at FSU?

5. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I always want to see a game which pits our best team against their best team. Having said that, facing the schedule we do next season, I won't cry over any bonus advantages. Should be a great game.

6. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Hearing of kids/young adults having school problems is never good news.

7. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

I agree with you 100% :thumbsup: