1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gotta prove they can win on the road now.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

the big 12 north is, and has always been, decided by division road games in weather. while CU has the favorable schedule with the contenders coming through boulder, the Buffs still need to figure out how to win on the road.

kjuco state will be a nice first test. win that one to go to 3-4 (2-1 conference) and i may even start halfway listening to hawk again when he talks about how the team is "close."

if you can't win in the **** weather in a hostile stadium, you won't win the b12 north. this is axiomatic.

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yep. KSU is definitely better than I thought they would be at the start of the season and we still struggle on the road. Gonna be interesting to see what adjustments KSU makes for Hansen next week, always harder after teams have some film to break down. These next four games are the referendum on Dan Hawkins. Need to win at least three to have a shot at a bowl game IMO.

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

If the Buffs go 6-6 and become bowl eligible, what are the chances they still wouldn't get invited to a bowl game?

4. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

they'll get a bowl at 6-6. there are so many bowl games out there and the Buffs do draw decent tv ratings (altho they don't travel well to minor bowls). the Buffs are a big 12 team and they may even be an auto-bid into one of the weedwacker bowls at 6-6. i'd be stunned if they didn't get a bowl at 6-6.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm worried about our oline. KU isn't particularly known for their front four, but TH was getting pressured throughout the game. At some point, those crazy run around and sling the ball plays by TH are going to result in either an injury or interceptions.

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

This will be a huge test, check out my sig for Hawks road record. Time to get it going, hopefully the effort in Austin is a sign. KSU is gonna be tough!

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Now Hawk as the W against KU, just drop that part from the sig.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

nah, it's still not the record I want against KU.