What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grade against UNC

Grade

• A-

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • B+

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • B-

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • C+

Votes: 34 24.5%
  • C-

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • D+

Votes: 34 24.5%
  • D-

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • F. We looked stupid out there.

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

jizzrag85

hey, had a warrior dash this AM and missed the whole game. What is your grade/feedback? Just curious how the team looked overall, thanks!

C-

There are some positives with certain performances, but the team still looks so far from putting it together.

Mostly I just haven't gotten to the point where I can give anything below the C range for a 20 point win in consideration of where we came from a few short years ago.

C- and being generous.

This was an FCS team, and not a great FCS team. We struggled against a team we should have had beaten before halftime.

UNC played awesomely for themselves. Seriously, they looked good.
We had a lot of holes that need addressing.

I gave a B- as we won by 20 and fought until the end. We had some good numbers from MOntez and co, but
teh score does not show how close it really was.

They get a C- because they won, did it with some distance between them and the Bears, and they actually put up some good numbers.

But, the effort was iffy, their heads were up their asses a lot of the time, and things that we thought were solid - like db play - suddenly seem shaky.

Personally, I think it could have been worse - probably even 4 years ago, an effort like that would have lost the game - but it's not encouraging going into conference play, especially considering we have our 2nd toughest opponent right off the bat.

C+

The offense put up big numbers but left about 3td's out there.
Too many penalties.

Defense had some lapses and getting only 1 sack is concerning.

CU hasn't played anybody, and the OL, RB depth, leadership and lapses really concern me.

Defense? We'll find out next week.

3-0 is great but with many questions. ..

Last edited:
I know it will get lost in this thread but Bobo played his ass off today. Extremely physical. I know WRs get known for catches but one of his legacies here is going to be that he was a fanatical blocker, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all.

I was excited to see him get targeted for his TD catch after he pancaked guys on each of the previous two plays.

He needs to get the other WRs to his level or he'll never get a WR screen thrown his way because he's the only wideout that can block for one.

Gave em a C-. They got the win, but do it in any sort of impressive fashion.

Offense looked lackluster for the first 3 quarters.

Defense seemed sluggish and allowed unc's receivers to get behind them multiple times. Laguda got ejected due to another targeting call.

Lots of stupid penalties. Basically, if they play like this next week, they're gonna get beat.

The schemes on both lines need re-working. I get with the 3-4 the dline needs to control their zone, but the front 3 is basically standing up and playing patty cake. They need a green light to fire off a little bit.

I'd give it a C- and downgrade it to an F for poor behaviour. You want to talk about remembering where we came from? Because this team clearly doesn't and I would take any one of those teams over the one I saw today because I knew what I was getting with those teams. I hope they humble themselves before Washington does it for them.

I'd give it a C- and downgrade it to an F for poor behaviour. You want to talk about remembering where we came from? Because this team clearly doesn't and I would take any one of those teams over the one I saw today because I knew what I was getting with those teams. I hope they humble themselves before Washington does it for them.
Yeah, not any of those teams, but I totally am with you on the humility, discipline, maturity thing. Coaches need to hold some players under water to test how badly they want it.
We were all ready for the Montez era after last year, but we have some longing backward looks toward last season's leadership and maturity. Just shows how special some of those players were.
C-flat

Yeah, not any of those teams, but I totally am with you on the humility, discipline, maturity thing. Coaches need to hold some players under water to test how badly they want it.
We were all ready for the Montez era after last year, but we have some longing backward looks toward last season's leadership and maturity. Just shows how special some of those players were.
C-flat
Eh, I more meant 2013-2016, which is where I consider this team to be born from, and all those teams showed better fight and respect than we did today which was more important to me than the margin, at least with what we just saw in mind. I liked the spirit, leadership, humility, discipline, maturity, etc. of those teams, and this team doesn't seem to respect what got us to a Pac-12 South title last year or at least they aren't showing it right now.

My biggest thing about today is that we got the win, didn't suffer a major injury, and hopefully landed Finau as an OLB recruit.

C- We won because we wore them down...it's that simple. I was impressed by Montez, special teams and our pass rush. Everything else was average to below.

A) Linsay - he fought for extra yards and ran like a beast

F) O line. Montez should never had to have scramble for his life and throw the ball away, much less a cheap INT

C) Montez run game. When he wanted to it was glorious. When he had a chance to and didn't he could have gained about 15-20 on each one

F) D Backs. Kept getting bombed and looked like they were jogging

A-) Blackmon's return. Gets the "-" for the muff

Overall, F. This game should have been over at the half, few backups got to play anything meaningful (Shenault, Blackmon not withstanding), got bombed and gashed by a middling FCS team, Adkins smiling after a fumble, mostly have been getting worse since week one.

D+
Can't be an F in a win. Plus because there was a handful of good things... but all around it was a pretty garbage performance.

Hope UNC wins the Big Sky.

So basically we played like we did the first 2 weeks. We're going to get blitzed against Washington.

C+

575 yards of offense, 218 rushing yards averaging nearly 6 yards/carry, Montez stayed in the pocket for the most part and had a career day passing the ball.

OL was better but still needs a lot of improvement.

Secondary just didn't show up and knew it was just one of those days when Oliver got beat and tripped on the first score.

As Mac said, they gave up 2-3 big passes on defense and then had two turnovers on offense, in the red zone that stopped TDs. They were 4-5 plays away from the final score being 55-7, but unfortunately for them, all the plays count, so they had to settle for winning by 20 points instead of 48.

I would have voted B, but that wasn't an option, so I said B-. I agree with one of the above posters that there was an air of head up our own buttness for the better part of the game, but winning a game by 20 points when you are playing like that, and the other team is playing above their head has been a recipe for disaster for many teams, notwithstanding our Buffs for the last decade. So that alone rates as a B(-) in my book. Of course if we play like that next week, it will likely be a D(-) or F(-) along with a humiliating loss, but I doubt that happens.

I think some of the inexperience on defense showed a bit, and some guys who are experienced were either trying to cover those mistakes, or just trying to do too much. I saw Lewis out of his gap several times, and Moeller losing contain on a couple runs that should have been stopped for little or no gain. But we were getting a pass rush, and some of the young guys were making plays. Fisher played and look pretty good, so hopefully he is working his way to full time. Another potential benefit from this game is that UW will watch the tape and expect us to come out playing Keystone Cops defense against them. I think HCMM will have the defense ready for next Saturday.

On offense the oline grade would probably be a D(-) for me. Montez was pressured more than he had time, even in many cases where they were only bringing four guys. In the run game there did not seem to be much of a push at all. It is hard to tell looking from the outside in, but it seems like guys are sometimes confused on assignments, or maybe just late reacting? Either way the oline was not solid. But Montez looked pretty good, Lindsey was the lion he always is, Adkins continues to desecrate #19 (way to fumble then ham it up on the sidelines - seriously think that one of his teammates needs to have a discussion with him, this is Pac 12 football baby . . . ), WRs were on their game (and helping in the running game) and we don't care about the TE. But I am worried about how the oline will look against UW. Thought the line last year was better than this one, and that line was shredded by UW.

If this was 1997 Buffs team I would be way more disappointed with this outcome. But I simply cannot forget what I have seen over the Hawklove and Embree regimes. This was a B(-) win. Never again will a win be less than a B(-) for me.

Back