What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greg Brown FACTS as DC

Some more not-so-fun facts for you: in Greg Brown's 21 games as DC, the defense has given up 845 points. When we were at the top of the college football world, it took 4 1/4 seasons (89 thru 3 games into the '93-'94 season), or 52 games to hit this number of points given up to opponents. This current stretch has to be one of the worst stretches for any DC ever. He has to go. I think Embree should let him go immediately, and Cabral should be the DC for the rest of the season, and perhaps next year.
I also think that Marshall and Brookhart have to go. I think you could wait until the season is over to get rid of those 2. Given that we have one of the best compensated assistant coaching staffs in college football, I'm hopeful we can actually attract some decent replacements.

The problems on this coaching staff run so deep, but for the sake of this thread, no way to spin being ranked dead last in the country in scoring defense. Dead freaking last.

Here's a fun fact that I looked up while thinking about how terribly terrible our defense is:

In the last two games, opposing QBs have gone 37-43 for 532 yards, 9 TDs, and no INTs. Based on the NCAA's passer rating calculation, that's a rating of 259.0. 5 QBs, including U$C's 3rd string guy.

You can't blame that on freshmen or lack of speed. That's game planning. 9 ****ing TDs? A completion % of 86%? And at least one of those 6 incompletions (Barkley's only ****ing one) was a drop.

The more you think about it, the more the embarrassment sinks in.

I'm surprised so many of you think the current staff won't get fired this year. Barring a major turnaround, which I can't see happening, this staff will be gone at year's end. And as bad as we look I think the next staff will inherit a better team than Embree inherited.

The AD has no plan on putting a solid coaching staff together. They clearly showed that when they went out and hired a TE coach for the head coach and a RB coach for the OC....... lets face it, nothing will change until the AD is changed.....

We're also dead last in the nation in TD passes given up with 29!! Next closest is Akron with only 24.

We're also dead last in opponents qb rating. 177+

We are the national joke now. I have friends all over the country contacting me surprised at how bad CU is.

We've witnessed this for awhile now, so when the general public around the country is slowly figuring out how big of a joke CU football is, the salt slowly keeps getting poured into the long exposed wounds.

Being the national joke of a team really sucks.

I really thought moving to the Pac-12, getting rid of Hawk, hiring Embree was going to be a big turning point for our program. Now I'm thinking that turn was right into the ****ter.

I just sort of scanned the thread - and something sort of jumped out at me:

We are actually arguing about which is worse: our offense or our defense.

As if we didn't need further proof of how bad we suck right now.

Doesn't Embree have an extremely low buyout #? What's the buyout info on Bienemy and Brown?

Some more not-so-fun facts for you: in Greg Brown's 21 games as DC, the defense has given up 845 points. When we were at the top of the college football world, it took 4 1/4 seasons (89 thru 3 games into the '93-'94 season), or 52 games to hit this number of points given up to opponents. This current stretch has to be one of the worst stretches for any DC ever. He has to go. I think Embree should let him go immediately, and Cabral should be the DC for the rest of the season, and perhaps next year.\

Great facts.

Updated for the Stanford game.

1 time teams have scored 70 or more points against us
1 time teams have scored between 60-69 points against us
3 times teams have scored between 50-59 points against us (has happened 2 times this year)
7 times teams have scored between 40-49 points against us
6 times teams have scored between 30-39 points against us
2 times teams have scored between 20-29 points against us
2 times teams have scored less than 20 points against us (CSU and Utah in 2011)

2011 scoring avg 36.5
2012 scoring avg 46.25

Updated from the Arizona game.

4 times teams have scored between 50-59 points against us (has happened 3 times this year)
7 times teams have scored between 40-49 points against us
6 times teams have scored between 30-39 points against us

2011 scoring avg 36.5
2012 scoring avg 47.2

Yeah, but he sure looked mad today. That's saying something, isn't it? I mean hey, he's as upset about this as we are, right?

FINAL Stats of the year

4 times teams have scored between 50-59 points against us (has happened 3 times this year)
8 times teams have scored between 40-49 points against us
7 times teams have scored between 30-39 points against us

2011 scoring avg 36.5
2012 scoring avg 46.0

Incredible job by Greg Brown. Congrats.

Back